Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:23:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin can never go past $7000  (Read 4028 times)
Atomise (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:38:00 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 08:10:55 AM by Atomise

Bitcoin's volatility has been steadily decreasing over time, which means huge price movements upwards are less likely than ever. Sorry it's not going to happen. I think 5000-6000 range is the correct or fair price, so selling at the higher end of this range would bring profit at least and then I think alt coins start making more sense at that point

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:51:24 AM

But thats the exact same thing people said when the price was about the break the 2500$ barrier... It depends on how you want to see it, but Bitcoin is unpredictable, and for that you can never really say what would its ending price be.

Bitcoin is still fairly new to some, so I believe there is still room for growth. Smiley

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:09:36 AM

Bitcoin's volatility has been steadily decreasing over time, which means huge price movements upwards are less likely than ever. Sorry it's not going to happen. I think 5000-6000 range is the correct or fair price.

I was expecting to read more reasons backed with analytical evidence even if its historical to support this your argument but no I didn't get but only about the decreasing volatility which to me is just normal. If you really understand the way bitcoin price works you will realise that at any point in time, there is always a calm or stagnant period which is what is being witnessed. This stagnant period can sometimes take a short number of days or sometimes weeks unless something big happens to either push the price higher or lower, we expect to be within range.

The price will go about the range you talking about if the BTG issue that didn't get the amount of coverage could get price to this range, I expect the upcoming one in November to do more than this and it's possible.
azaid18

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:11:40 AM

because the traders wont get profit when they make the price of bitcoin to 7000 us dollars. That is the way of having profit slowly going up and down.
Atomise (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:15:31 AM

Bitcoin's volatility has been steadily decreasing over time, which means huge price movements upwards are less likely than ever. Sorry it's not going to happen. I think 5000-6000 range is the correct or fair price.

I was expecting to read more reasons backed with analytical evidence even if its historical to support this your argument but no I didn't get but only about the decreasing volatility which to me is just normal. If you really understand the way bitcoin price works you will realise that at any point in time, there is always a calm or stagnant period which is what is being witnessed. This stagnant period can sometimes take a short number of days or sometimes weeks unless something big happens to either push the price higher or lower, we expect to be within range.

The price will go about the range you talking about if the BTG issue that didn't get the amount of coverage could get price to this range, I expect the upcoming one in November to do more than this and it's possible.

This was just meant to be a short post, but my conclusion is just based on an obvious truth. That decreasing volatility = less price movements
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:16:34 AM

Higher prices atract more people who want to buy. Thus, hodlers sell for higher prices. It's some kind of pyramid/snaowball effect but it's basically the same with gold and other assets. Volatility can easil rise up when more and more money reaches the market.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:22:40 AM

But thats the exact same thing people said when the price was about the break the 2500$ barrier... It depends on how you want to see it, but Bitcoin is unpredictable, and for that you can never really say what would its ending price be.

Bitcoin is still fairly new to some, so I believe there is still room for growth. Smiley

If you don't FUCK the golden goose, sure BTC can go to $100k, or higher, but the "Forks" are diluting BTC. BTC was supposed to be 21 MILLION coins max, but now an infinite number of forks promises infinite few alt-shit-coins and the idiots love this shit.

What's clear is every 'fork' so far has bumped the price $500-$1000, next fork NYA-SEG will be run out of NYC, with MADISON-AVENUE marketing, IMHO it will easily bump to $10k and then fall back to $5700.

The "Assholes" ( bankers/lawyers) are now in control of BTC, and they'll  fuck her to death, and leave her with junky marks on her arms on a dark-street when they're done.

Libertarians & Crypto-Anarchists saw BTC as once in a life-time chance to be free of the assholes, but the assholes just see this as another daily way to FUCK and enslave the masses.

I think had the forks NOT have happened by slow normal growth BTC could have gone $10k to $100k, but now that the "ASSHOLES" and their "FORKS" are going to KILL the BITCOIN-BRAND, it will just be whore-horse that they will ride until she collapses.

It's NOT too late folks, but there is HOPE, there is light in the force, there is zen-cash, and many libertarian crypto's that the assholes aren't in control of, ...

The question to be ASKED is NOT how high will BTC go, the question is CAN the CRYPTO-ANARCHY/LIBERTARIAN founders take BITCOIN back from the assholes, before they RUN her to the ground.
Atomise (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:25:25 AM

If you don't FUCK the golden goose, sure BTC can go to $100k, or higher, but the "Forks" are diluting BTC. BTC was supposed to be 21 MILLION coins max, but now an infinite number of forks promises infinite few alt-shit-coins and the idiots love this shit.

What's clear is every 'fork' so far has bumped the price $500-$1000, next fork NYA-SEG will be run out of NYC, with MADISON-AVENUE marketing, IMHO it will easily bump to $10k and then fall back to $5700.

The "Assholes" ( bankers/lawyers) are now in control of BTC, and they'll  fuck her to death, and leave her with junky marks on her arms on a dark-street when they're done.

Libertarians & Crypto-Anarchists saw BTC as once in a life-time chance to be free of the assholes, but the assholes just see this as another daily way to FUCK and enslave the masses.

I think had the forks NOT have happened by slow normal growth BTC could have gone $10k to $100k, but now that the "ASSHOLES" and their "FORKS" are going to KILL the BITCOIN-BRAND, it will just be whore-horse that they will ride until she collapses.

It's NOT too late folks, but there is HOPE, there is light in the force, there is zen-cash, and many libertarian crypto's that the assholes aren't in control of, ...

The question to be ASKED is NOT how high will BTC go, the question is CAN the CRYPTO-ANARCHY/LIBERTARIAN founders take BITCOIN back from the assholes, before they RUN her to the ground.

so you write all of that just to shill your zenCash?  Huh
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:26:02 AM

Bitcoin is opposite of the fiats. People get into Bitcoin partially because they see problems in fiat. When the fiat bubbles start to crash in a dramatic way, people will jump into Bitcoin for value protection. This will cause the Bitcoin price to skyrocket. Here's the real question.

If fiat crashes all the way suddenly, will Bitcoin be able to survive the strain on the whole economy - provide, of course, that the Internet and the power grid don't fail?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:27:12 AM

often people say like you when the price is still around $ 3000 but in fact it is just a place to lean while and bitcoin continue to go up, and I think the bitcoin price right now is like that, and will drive towards the price up again, no one knows exactly the price stop bitcoin, we can just wait and see it later, that's what I think.
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 08:31:42 AM

It is worth state that some people invested in bitcoin when its price was only $900 and the same bitcoin is obviously $5800 worth at the moment.
Bitcoin optimists see no difficulties for it to surpass $7000 by the end of 2017.
According to my opinion,if chana government changes his mind on Ico ban statement, then bitcoin will briefly surpass $7000.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:32:00 AM

Bitcoin's volatility has been steadily decreasing over time, which means huge price movements upwards are less likely than ever. Sorry it's not going to happen. I think 5000-6000 range is the correct or fair price, so selling at the higher end of this range would bring profit at least and then I think alt coins start making more sense at that point

I think you started this thread so you can so more posts to the count seeing as this is...well, let's not say a controversial opinion, but a rather poorly thought through one. Bitcoin can and absolutely will go over 7000. You think the biggest hurdles lie in-between 6 and 7k? That's absurd. The real hurdles are related to scalability and mass adoption. Not price. As of now many people are using btc as an investment. Most of us know (or better yet hope) that this little war between those vying for control of the network will end in compromise. S2X was a particularly decent compromise. Dunno why all the hatred from core against it. But I digress. I dunno where you came up with this 7k figure.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:42:19 AM

Seems to me that because of fiat problems in Kenya a couple weeks ago, the price of Bitcoin actually hit a value of well over $7,000USD, but in Kenyan shillings.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:42:56 AM

Go back and read old threads, like 2011 to 2013. You can find a lot of them doubting bitcoin can reach $5000. But what happened? Bitcoin has already surpassed that mark already and we are heading to a new price. And say what again? altcoin start making sense? I just shake my head dude with your logic here.

Bitcoin is still in its infancy and its has a lot of way to go. We may call 2017 as a break out year, but the revolution has just began. 2018 will proved to you that bitcoin can go higher than $7000, we are ~$6000 now, its just $1000 to reach that $7000 you said that it can't reached, do you think that the price could be stagnant and can't go higher?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

So have you sold your Bitcoin then if you owned any??
If so please share your transaction with us and proof that you've signed it.
Fair price or not, if Bitcoin wanna go to 10k and overshoot, it will do so!!!
-Sinner-

Activity: 224
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:48:20 AM

It's really funny, who are you? Smiley

" hey guys btc can't go over 7000 , trust me"

is like.. " hey guys i sold, but the price is going up..please stop it so i can rebuy lower!"

SHIPIT - Send packages. No couriers. Just people. (https://token.shipit.me/?utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=signature)
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:54:18 AM

Bitcoin's volatility has been steadily decreasing over time
Where is the proof ? Never come up without proper data. I do watch all exchange volume are still steady and healthy and also growing. better stop your FUD.

I think 5000-6000 range is the correct or fair price, so selling at the higher end of this range would bring profit at least and then I think alt coins start making more sense at that point
How you decide the correct and fair price. Who are you to claim a fair price for something common to entire humans. You must be a anti-bitcoiner who coming up here just to spam. I am not seeing any stopping for bitcoin's appreciations and I am getting ready for 10k USD levels of bitcoins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:56:42 AM

Its just a number dude, how come you value USD so highly i dont understand? Even if bitcoin stayed level in utility value for the next few years the inflation rates would make it go over $7000 anyway.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:05:51 AM

I think you know nothing about Bitcoin. If you can support your statement with facts or proof I will salute you. And perhaps you will contradict the following as it's not going to happen!

Bitcoin Price Predictions from Experts, https://top10wise.com/bitcoin-price-predictions-2017/

Here’s How the Bitcoin Price Reaches $100,000 by 2021, https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/heres-how-the-bitcoin-price-reaches-100000-by-2021/

Bitcoin could hit $100,000 in 10 years, says the analyst who correctly called its $2,000 price, https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/31/bitcoin-price-forecast-hit-100000-in-10-years.html

Bitcoin could hit $100,000 in decade, says analyst who predicted current high,  https://www.rt.com/business/390275-bitcoin-hundred-thousand-decade-expert/

Bitcoin's Price Could Cross $100,000 in 10 Years, http://www.investopedia.com/news/bitcoins-price-could-cross-100000-10-years/

rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:18:46 AM

Globally Acceptance of bitcoin is not yet even done. We are just from the first stages of Globalization of Bitcoin. It could go past 7000$ or go lower than $5000. It's still depends on what would be happening for the next few years ergo stating $5000-$6000 is the playground of Bitcoin is surely wrong. We still have a lot of years and time to be able to specualte what will ne the final playground of Bitcoin's Price.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: