Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:48:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell alts for Bitcoin  (Read 1003 times)
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:07:30 PM

Selling altcoins to get bitcoins is a good idea as you can earn bitcoin gold for free after this fork.But if you selling your alts coin then you have to sell at lower rates which is probably by taking loss as market for the altcoins has fall down quite a lot.But now the price of bitcoins are high so selling alts now might lead to loss.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:07:42 PM

I think this happened before the bitcoin gold fork, people were selling their altcoins or some of them for bitcoin.
Now with the next one coming along shortly the same is going to happen.
People will want to get their free coins and then buy their alt coins back if they want to.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Zinkin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:08:09 PM

I think you should be in BTC till December
Well I would suggest that he'll stay in the alts till December, I mean I know that the price of Bitcoin is at hike in that date so it'll be best if you can gather as many altcoins as you can. I mean you are farming altcoins for Bitcoin, I don't know if you ever heard of this strategy but this has been effective at my state atleast. You see the technique was, you are gathering tokens and those are probably forked to the decent priced altcoins out there then you are going to sell it, now the most significant part of this is that your earning in massive numbers not just stable number but massive. You can earn Bitcoin right away by joining some campaigns on the Bitcoin section but its not that many so you might want to set up to a more risky but has a chance to earn a lot.
Alferdo007

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:19:21 PM

I think you should be in BTC till December
Well I would suggest that he'll stay in the alts till December, I mean I know that the price of Bitcoin is at hike in that date so it'll be best if you can gather as many altcoins as you can. I mean you are farming altcoins for Bitcoin, I don't know if you ever heard of this strategy but this has been effective at my state atleast. You see the technique was, you are gathering tokens and those are probably forked to the decent priced altcoins out there then you are going to sell it, now the most significant part of this is that your earning in massive numbers not just stable number but massive. You can earn Bitcoin right away by joining some campaigns on the Bitcoin section but its not that many so you might want to set up to a more risky but has a chance to earn a lot.

agree
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 05:28:15 PM

Do you think it can be a good strategy waiting for 2x? Do you think it's better rebuy alts before the event or just after it? Thank you

why do we all have to be bitcoin focused, i mean it costs a ton of electricity, why do we need that?
i mean miners need that or they can close their installations down.

zirtlan

Activity: 75
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:40:06 PM

if you buy bitcoin you going to be guaranteed to be doubled in a long term but altcoins are not certain it may decrease to half or mütlipled by 5 who knows.its your decide
Crypto_trader87

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:48:52 AM

Do you think it can be a good strategy waiting for 2x? Do you think it's better rebuy alts before the event or just after it? Thank you

If you always doing trading sell your altcoin when the price is high and convert to bitcoin and buy your coins again when the price goes down you can always use bitcoin to buy back again your altcoin

gorodi

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:36:21 AM

Well, estimating the situation on the cryptocurrency market today (last month), it is worth selling altcoins and invest into Bitcoin.
On the other hand, it seems BTC has reached its maximum.
Anyway it is better to monitor altcoin rates and invest into the most profitable one. BTC can't go up infinite.
yansen

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:43:56 PM

i just read the tread in local indonesia, and it is china remove while ban bitcoin trading. so it's best to sell altcoin and conversion to bitcoin, the possibility of bitcoin will fly again
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:51:11 PM

waiting for 2x, I don't think should sell all assets to bitcoin. I just sell some of them. I still keep eth. I still use eth to invest in ICO. I hope from the small investment can make my eth grow. Expecting profit from ICO , some people don't like it but for me, it works and help me grow my eth. Instead of trading in the market, buy good ICO is more profitable for my case. I don't think you have the same experience as mine.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:52:52 PM

Well, estimating the situation on the cryptocurrency market today (last month), it is worth selling altcoins and invest into Bitcoin.
On the other hand, it seems BTC has reached its maximum.
Anyway it is better to monitor altcoin rates and invest into the most profitable one. BTC can't go up infinite.

Yup! we should monitor on other Cryptos and not on bitcoin alone, I think there are many potential with the top 5 to 6 Altcoins out there, you just need to juggle your investment with bitcoin and Altcoins, but yes there are many user if they can get their Altcoin they will immediately convert it with bitcoin, I think there are good things that may happen trading with Altcoins and not focus alone with bitcoin.
Rahip

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:12:55 PM

It makes sense to sell all the altcoins and get the bitcoin.
Because this is the most opposed to the work.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:16:35 PM

I don't known! But you can sell every you had! And buy it when price down or buy other altcoin
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:44:54 PM

why we do selling alt if we had some promising alt in our wallet. just keep it.
when you have some more money, yes buying bitcoins is good time now, there were good trend in some days last, as i seen this will be going to have better value for some later still.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:19:14 PM

I read many people saying sell your alts for bitcoin, that is true if you have like 4 or 5 bitcoin in order to profit from the price going up, if you have like 0.5 bitcoin or less your profits will be minimal, why should you do that ? If you want to make money with bitcoin than having a few bitcoins is the minimum, so stick with yout alts if they are one of the good projects around, in the future they will be worth alot more, once you have taken good profits from alts it is wise to convert it to bitcoin because only then you can make decent profits.

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:19:39 PM

The world of altcoyins is very diverse and in order to understand it, it needs to be studied well. After all, at the same time there is a drop in some violas and the rise of others. And their movement in one or the other direction depends on many factors. However, it would be correct to partially turn its profits into bitcoins, since most operations with crypto currency are carried out through bitcoin.

rube08

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:22:45 PM

Everyone is hoping for the double the amount of bitcoins type of fork where 2x bitcoin is the new bitcoin, which will retain the 7000 dollar price mark while the other bitcoin will be like cash, it will hover just above 500 dollars. This is a free 500 dollars that you will not get if you didn't originally have bitcoin.  So yes, go for it and get some free money.
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:25:47 PM

Do you think it can be a good strategy waiting for 2x?

I've sold most of it and I'm now trying to get myself ready for the upcoming B2x fork, majority of the alts before are in downfall but some are trying to recover now. How many alts do you hold then?

Do you think it's better rebuy alts before the event or just after it? Thank you

It's better to buy back those alts after the hard fork when you have enough profit from the hard fork. I would go for buying bitcoin before the events and not for the alts.

V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:30:44 PM

If you are just going to do it right now, I am afraid you are a bit too late. Bitcoin has already broke the $7,000 resistance and went a little past that. That has put most of the altcoins down. Right now, the best thing to do is not to sell but buy altcoins. The altcoins right now are so cheap that you can easily buy them with an insured profit in the next month. Bitcoin is already very high. I think it will be going stable for a short while before dipping a little.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:32:51 PM

I guess that will work if gou are aiming to just invest or hold bitcoin. But if the tcoin you are holding have so much potential and can possibly give you some profit, better hold on to it and let the profit grow. At the same Time, wait until btc value goes down and when it doee, that is the best time to buy some btc. But better make sure that the profit you are gaining from bitcoin is way higher than what you will get with the altcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: