Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cut loss or hold ? Some advice please!  (Read 1306 times)
nuskill

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:36:40 PM

Even if the project sucks or is bad the coin usually still has a pump and dump sheme. if he ever gets that high again...i can't tell you. But atleast some pump will be coming sooner or later and then you should get out if you don't believe in the project anymore...or stay if you do Wink

you don't loose money until you sell Wink
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:40:30 PM

I bought 1st blood for two months now i bought it when it was .00013 now its just .00004  Sad ... should i still hold ot cut my loss?

I really haven't heard of that coin. But if you have read the white paoer of that coin and made a brief research about every member of the developing team of that coin, then i think you should be able to know if you should stay strong and hold or cyt your losses amd sell. But i think you haven't done any of those because if you did, you wouldn't be posting this topic. But it ain't too late. Take time to do both and then decide. That is the onky thing you can do to know what you should do and not regret.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:10:10 PM

I've read somewhere a nice statement:

(this applies for you if you have some TA skills)

Look at the chart as if you have no stake in it. Do you see yourself buying here? Hold. Do you see yourself selling here, or wait for a lower entry? Sell.

I know how hard it is and I'm personally sitting on some bags I'm clinging to as if my life depended on it, although I should know better…

johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:15:15 PM

I bought 1st blood for two months now i bought it when it was .00013 now its just .00004  Sad ... should i still hold ot cut my loss?

Depend of do you need the money and do you still believe in the project. I'm always buying only amounts I can afford to lost and in projects I believe.
Over the time, I've collected a lot of useless tokens and coins, but those who skyrocketed like NEO compensate them all.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
ttookk

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:17:17 PM

Depend of do you need the money and do you still believe in the project. I'm always buying only amounts I can afford to lost and in projects I believe.
Over the time, I've collected a lot of useless tokens and coins, but those who skyrocketed like NEO compensate them all.

Another question you should ask yourself is: do you think you can put the money to good use right now?
dusty rhodes

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:34:37 PM

man when i saw the name of this coin i was like this has to be a pure pump and dump  Cry

hope its goes back up so you can exit
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:39:16 PM

if you dont need the money wait. the market will ave it recovery. If you need it badly, to put food on the table sell it. If you just want to keep trading and having fun just study where you are right now, take part of it and try to day trade again and lower the average buying price. It´s fun and it helps you learn. if in the end you loose at least you had fun in the journey. Next time buy a coin you believe long term so you dont sweat so much during bear markets.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:33:25 PM

And why haven't you sold those useless coins once that they reached 0.00008 each one? those are very bad coins mate, i can not understand why you invested in that project..
Now i understand why some people invest in this kind of projects, because a lot of newbies are advicing to invest in shitty coins in order to make x1000000 in some months, and a lot of people fall in those promises and they invest. What a shame, i hope that you haven't invested much money in this coin.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:37:07 PM

What's the point of selling anyways? You already lost around 70% of your investment so there isn't really much to lose. Plus i've heard some good things about firstblood, it's probably a coin worth holding if it's at such a low level.

But you did buy at the pump though, which wasn't the best idea.

If you were to sell, wait for a pump first.

PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:42:38 AM

I really haven't heard of that coin. But if you have read the white paoer of that coin and made a brief research about every member of the developing team of that coin, then i think you should be able to know if you should stay strong and hold or cyt your losses amd sell. But i think you haven't done any of those because if you did, you wouldn't be posting this topic. But it ain't too late. Take time to do both and then decide. That is the onky thing you can do to know what you should do and not regret.
Regretting won’t do any good because it is useless to cry over spilt milk. The best is to just forget about it and move on. I would give my sincere advice and that is to go for bitcoin first so that such situations don’t occur at the first place but if that looks a little unaffordable, we have the some good options in altcoins as well.

Starting from Ethereum which is best altcoin and we also have monero, litecoin, and neo, waves, ripple and etc option. Invest in what is old.
zorranco

Activity: 177

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:50:26 AM

¿? This coin is legit, lol. Good project, active development.

Buuut...another question is how it performs against it's competitors...a few days ago GameCredits joined with Unity Technologies, wich is a great partnership, and it is rumoured for more to come...so maybe it makes ppl prefer GAME over 1ST
Targusluxe (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:31:07 PM

Thak you for your advice folks. I will still hold this coin and let's see what happens next.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:18:01 PM

It's up to you. I suggest you to hold, because if it's a good project it is just a temporary dump but over the next months price will move up again. So be patient and wait for next rise.
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:23:39 PM

If you dont need the money at once, dont sell. A lot of cryptos projects are in the early stage and the crypto ecosystem has a lot of room to grow. So be patient and hold

Cheers
MisterLG

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:52:56 PM

sounds like you bought the coin at the wrong time mate, but now 1st blood is almost worth nothing and you made a loss of roughly 70 to 75% I would advice you to definitely HODL! Put them somewhere where you can not see them for a couple months and do not look at it for lets say 6 months or so. Wink

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
chiggx

Activity: 117

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:04:14 PM

I am in a similar position as you but a different coin (SIGT), i am down 88% from the price i bought at:-( I have already lost so much i am thinking i may as well HODL, if it goes to zero ill only lose a further 12% of my original investment. but if it pumps again then i can maybe recover my losses:-)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ttookk

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:49:51 PM

Ok, I'll add a little more specific thoughts. Please be aware that this is not financial advice and you have to make your own decisions. I take no responsibility and all that.

Looking at the chart, 1st seems to have found a bottom. I'd do some fundamental analysis. Is the team active? Are the usual channels (Slack, twitter, github and so on) in frequent use? What is the overall mood of people being involved? If you feel lite they are working on it, It's not too bad to hold for now.

That being said, I think game related coins are a catastrophy in the making. I don't see any advantages of cryptocurrencies over existing in-game-currencies, especially when the the game itself is somewhat centralized. "Owning" them in some sense of the word doesn't help you one bit when the server is down. When you are banned, you may be able to sell them to others, but that's about it.
And if a game would want to have a cross-game exchangeable currency, there is no reason not to use existing cryptocurrencies (BTC or ETH for example).

This is more of a feeling than anything else and I am ready to be proven wrong, still, I don't see it. YMMV.
iminethereforeiam

Activity: 110

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:55:26 PM

I have heard about 1st blood through a Youtuber I follow (could be Data Dash, but not 100% sure). Altcoins are sill in a correction phase overall, so maybe not the best time to sell.
Lukus

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:05:07 PM

Hodl! now you cant do nothing but to hodl. give yourself some alarms to sell when you breakeven and most important dont forget this lesson. never buy top!
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:09:20 PM

Even really good coins lost 50% or 70% ...I believe most of them will rebound but which ones I do not know...some may never.

The good news is, even with the loss, you can easily repurchase other coins which are also down...minimizing your loss if any.

Good luck!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: