Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:56:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin/Litecoin source code walkthrough?  (Read 750 times)
CoinMarketFeed.com (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 10:56:48 AM

Hi!

I've wondered if anyone here knew about some thorough bitcoin or litecoin source code walkthrough or tutorials?

I've found a topic which would go that direction but it's from 2011.

I've googled but it looks like one has to make his own digging from the point 0.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
digitx

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 06:24:24 PM

Haven't ever seen any but I suspect its because the code base is a changing one and most coders will just run through it themselves on GitHub anyway.

Would be good to see it though as a way to get younger coders involved.
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 09:52:15 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

The software is incredibly large and complicated. Writing a walkthrough would require much too much time for very little reward. Instead of asking an extremely broad question, you should instead start at the entry point of the program and follow the code yourself. Ask specific questions when you don't understand anything, not ask super broad generic questions. The entry point of bitcoind is here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/bitcoind.cpp#L188

nier00

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:46:05 PM

You can try to divide the process into several tasks:
- Network: connecting to the p2p network
- Loading/parsing the blockchain
- Creating new adresses
- Creating transactions

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nier00

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:12:37 PM

This is what you are searching for : https://embedded-design-vic.blogspot.com/search/label/Bitcoin
At the moment there is 6 articles.
Enjoy

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jeeri

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 01:57:11 AM

This is what you are searching for : https://embedded-design-vic.blogspot.com/search/label/Bitcoin
At the moment there is 6 articles.
Enjoy

I have also gone through this article, it is very much useful to understand the code part. here I'm providing few more useful links :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41718.0

The basic functionality or skeleton of core functionality is same for any coin. So it is advised to start with bitcoin and then enhance the research for other features.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: