Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:08:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Missed the crypto train, time for a $5K gamble  (Read 1087 times)
satrapus (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:57:15 PM

I was considering getting into the ethconnect ico in 3 days time but changed my mind and will do something almost as risky.

I plan to put $5010 in bitconnect and make a 179 day loan with +0.20% daily bonus.
Rather than reinvesting the daily interest of $45 odd I will buy alt coins - bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and lisk with bitconnects daily profits.
If bitconnect doesn't go down in 6 months I will get back my $5010 and will also have about 8k invested in altcoins.

Any thoughts (apart from "it's a pyramid and you will loose your investment")?  Grin

Peace
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1540
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:00:29 PM

wish you all the best my friend because i even joined and heard about that kind of journey,
and in the end some of us get what we want but some people did not get it at all.
also in the next few months they will close it due to lack of interest.
plus your loan rate really killing me my friend  Cheesy Cheesy
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:02:18 PM

I was considering getting into the ethconnect ico in 3 days time but changed my mind and will do something almost as risky.

I plan to put $5010 in bitconnect and make a 179 day loan with +0.20% daily bonus.
Rather than reinvesting the daily interest of $45 odd I will buy alt coins - bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and lisk with bitconnects daily profits.
If bitconnect doesn't go down in 6 months I will get back my $5010 and will also have about 8k invested in altcoins.

Any thoughts (apart from "it's a pyramid and you will loose your investment")?  Grin

Peace

Bitconnect is the one of the most corrupted and scammy platform to invest your bitcoins. I see that some of the person complaints that they was involved in the bitconnect trading scams.
If you have the enough money you will be able to invest your money in all time growth altcoins like Monero, zcash and Neo. These coins have the prominent growth in the difficulty market graph.
satrapus (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:08:10 PM

So I have $10k that I want to invest and am prepared to lose it all.
Now that cryptos are so high do I wait for a 20-30% correction in the market, if it ever comes?
Or do I get in at a 10% discount and hold for a few years.
I know for certain that if I buy eth and btc at todays price I will see them drop like a stone.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:10:34 PM

You hit the target and found the most perfectly driven scam project in crypto coins.
Thats really sad and there is nothing to do at this time.
Never put your money in crypto if you can handle losses.
Iwuzhaxxed

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Russian hackers stole my legendary account. :(

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:14:57 PM

Now that cryptos are so high do I wait for a 20-30% correction in the market, if it ever comes?
I know for certain that if I buy eth and btc at todays price I will see them drop like a stone.

If you guys wait for the next bitcoin fork 2x this November you will see bitcoin rise, so buy BTC a few weeks before the fork. Hold untill a few hours to fork time and then buy your alts. All will be in red and some will be down 20-30 percent. You could also hold the BTC and get the forked 2x coin then try and quickly buy alts when everyone else is doing it.

have fun.

satrapus (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:17:30 PM

I am fully aware that bitconnect has no trading bot in operation and that it's a question of When and not if it will collapse.
At the same time I think it will be around for a while as most folks get greedy and for the compound interest hook that ties their money long term.
That's why I am considering the 6 month tie in with $5k. And it I don't get it back I will still recuperate all if not more in the next 3 months.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:23:55 PM

If you guys wait for the next bitcoin fork 2x this November you will see bitcoin rise, so buy BTC a few weeks before the fork. Hold untill a few hours to fork time and then buy your alts. All will be in red and some will be down 20-30 percent. You could also hold the BTC and get the forked 2x coin then try and quickly buy alts when everyone else is doing it.

have fun.

well its better to wait if this things will go to its direction, i know bitconnect would be a gamble a big risk to take so instead of placing your money
into one investment better to split it out and try investing with your own hands, bitcoin and other crypto's will go as long as you understand the
risk and can handle it until you gain good profits.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:06:50 PM

Peace

I have no idea about Bitconnect, but it just keeps going higher and it goes up against BTC too which is important. Are the payments of these loans decentralized, or you need to trust a centralized website like for example Poloniex loans?

If you want to take high risk:high reward moves... Poswallet is an interesting bet. The price has bottomed and soon they will add upgrades which will be attractive for all PoS coin users, and ETH will go PoS eventually (not really sure when) but it will, and I think Poswallet could become a website where newbies can stake their coins without the annoyance of running their own full wallets. Therefore, I see a good use case for this coin, and if it fulfills its promise, it's definitely undervalued.
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:04:10 PM

Would be better to buy $5k worth of BitConnect coins, with it's growth, I think it's a better investment and you can't be scammed.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:17:26 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 04:44:13 PM by anasso

be careful because bitconnect is a ponzi sheme and their model is not sustainable!

your investment will doubl every 6 months until their pyramidal construction burst!
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:24:13 PM

be careful because bitconnect is a ponzi sheme and their model is not sustainable!

your investment will doubl every 6 months until their pyraidal construction burst!

Yep.. it looks like it to me upon further inspection. Just the typical "keep your money here and you will double your money in X time!!" also "bring your friends for extra money!!"
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@jenny143/bitconnect-scam-with-proof

I hope that BitConnect has good lawyers, because if it goes wrong it could be pretty brutal. Im not here to claim 100% this is a scam because I don't know for sure, but anything that delivers returns, unless heavily regulated like stocks that deliver dividends... or completely decentralized so there's no point of exit scam risk.. should raise alarms.
dianaking

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:26:23 PM

To me bitconnect train has long left train station, why don't you invest small percentage in ethconnect or order good ico, then investing bitconnect,you know bitconnect is a pyramid scheme, it about getting to it collapse point.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:39:10 PM

Peace

Maybe I'm getting something wrong here, because I don't know bitconnect very well, but is it giving a loan there any safer or profitable, than making a loan on an exchange, like Poloniex for example? The rake you will be asking is nothing special, and you can easily get that in poloniex. I got rates around 2% already. It's hard, and I only saw them like that twice, and only close to forks, but 0.20% should be easy. So why do it in bitconnect?

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

ToConnectTo

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:16:16 PM

what is suggested in this thread's title is not a good idea in my opinion, if your idea is that you've missed the crypto train and the answer is the urge to gamble, no no, Bitcoin has not matured yet and other crypto's haven't either. I have a lot of Bitcoin and Ether and I'm still buying more every week. Been doing that for a long time haha and I still like it because it's good to be here and alive
satrapus (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:37:33 PM

what is suggested in this thread's title is not a good idea in my opinion, if your idea is that you've missed the crypto train and the answer is the urge to gamble, no no, Bitcoin has not matured yet and other crypto's haven't either. I have a lot of Bitcoin and Ether and I'm still buying more every week. Been doing that for a long time haha and I still like it because it's good to be here and alive

I think buying btc or eth at current prices is also a gamble.
If they fall 20+% I'm in.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:56:21 PM

How will you buy bitconnect? It is a ponzi scam. Do not buy this coin, search a little more and you will find out what this coin is.
satrapus (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:02:36 PM

How will you buy bitconnect? It is a ponzi scam. Do not buy this coin, search a little more and you will find out what this coin is.

everyone with 1/2 a brain knows this but it's still alive and growing
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

💲

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:09:23 PM

RISKY project, but HEY, no risk no FUN! Grin Grin Grin

EDIT: i did THE EXACT same thing, but with 110€ (i am on a low budget right now Tongue)

leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:13:35 PM

Peace

My friend. Take some good advice from well meaning folks here. Do not take this gamble. Everything in crypto is already a huge gamble as it is, no need to take an even bigger risk like this. Even if it is not a pyramid scheme, it is very likely in this climate that it cannot deliver the daily bonus for a long time.

You have NOT missed the crypto train. It is still in the station. Climb on board and take your time to learn.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀