Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:08:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What wil happen to Bitcoin if we acquire the 21M BTC?  (Read 379 times)
YouKnowMe (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:25:30 PM

I have read that 21M BTC was originally created, and we currently acquired 16.6M BTC. What will happen to the value of bitcoin as we approach the 21M BTC? and what will happen if we reach 21M BTC?
kiwasmose

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:53:50 PM

Not yet, when 21 million full, I guess that bitcoin may be a price to $1 million. Of course, there's another possibility at that time. Maybe bitcoin will have a lot of forks, just like the BTG that came out just a few days ago. If you have a lot of forks, there may be multiple solutions.
MoonHodler

Activity: 114

Bitcoin: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 03:15:15 PM

Price will spike a bit probably once all bitcoins are mined, and this will have an affect on mining:

Either mining will based on transaction fees by then, or bitcoin transactions will be for large amounts only for high fees, and most micro transactions will occur off network.

Enjoy your life, one day at a time. Bitcoin Address: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:03:53 PM

Hopefully the price will increase dramatically whenever it gets there and become a bit stable.I doubt that though, because the more users you have the higher the price, even so with less coins in circulation.

Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:43:13 PM

With the approach of bitcoin to its production of 21 million pieces, its price will increase significantly and its function as a means of storing value will increase. By that time, a significant amount of bitcoin will be lost access for various technical reasons and at the final stage of its production another kind of business is possible, deciphering its code to those bitcoins that remained in the chain-chain as with lost access. However, in view of its considerable cost and the increased technical capability of such a process, it should be assumed that this will be a profitable occupation.
natsu_koo

Activity: 186

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:19:36 PM

I have read that 21M BTC was originally created, and we currently acquired 16.6M BTC. What will happen to the value of bitcoin as we approach the 21M BTC? and what will happen if we reach 21M BTC?

If we acquire those 21M BTC, i think bitcoin's price will increase and probably will reach its last and highest price.
We know that those 21M BTC are not yet acquired, and we currently acquiring 16.6M BTC and its price is already $6,100, so how much more if we acquire the remaining? I think its price will get bigger.
Just my thoughts though. Wink

Laccoin: It starts here with your Money
▨ Debit cards, P2P Loans, Index Fund ▨
➤ Whitepaper ➤ Facebook ➤ Twitter ➤ Telegram
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:38:31 PM

Well we would never have 21 Million coins in existence as many Bitcoins are locked up and/or lost. I think some estimates are that only ~ 19 million Bitcoins would even be available to spend, unless Satoshi's locked coins one day would move. Also the last coins will be mined in the year 2100 something, so it is still a long way off to worry about for most of us. So for most intents and purposes the majority of Bitcoin has already been mined and is available, so the relatively small trickle that will continue until mining is no longer viable should not be a cause for concern.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 08:01:45 AM

I don't think we'll ever be able to acquire the 21M limit of BTC because the closer we get, the harder it will be to mine. However, as we move closer to that limit, the value of the bitcoin surges and increases because the supply are slowly getting low. Though, I fear that if this happens, the transaction fees will also increase even in the smallest amount in order to balance everything.
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:52:05 AM

you still have the transactions fee. but again as many in here said. the value of a single btc would probably be something in multi 100ks.

Falgorn

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:38:23 PM

If all 21 million bitcoins are mined and purchased, during this time it will significantly increase in price and will lose much of the payment function and will increasingly acquire the value storage function. Therefore, it will actually become digital gold. Very rarely with its use, large purchases will be made. It should also be taken into account that the world of crypto currency is very volatile and what will happen in the future, what technologies will be invented, including in the world of finance, it is difficult to say.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:01:37 AM

That depends on the demand and usage of bitcoins. If bitcoin has reached the 21M product limit and only 1/4 of the world has bitcoins, and the demand and usage of bitcoin is damn high, then we can sell our bitcoins for a higher price. Just imagine the 3/4 of the population struggling to get a part of the 21M supply...
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:44:25 AM

That depends on the demand and usage of bitcoins. If bitcoin has reached the 21M product limit and only 1/4 of the world has bitcoins, and the demand and usage of bitcoin is damn high, then we can sell our bitcoins for a higher price. Just imagine the 3/4 of the population struggling to get a part of the 21M supply...
And every satoshi will worth a lot in the future, if the more unfamiliar people will try to join in the crypto and try to adopt the bitcoin and the bitcoin will have divided into a little part. and so you can see the price will worth a lot in the future.
This time adoption already come to the bitcoin and just waiting for the result about that.
rcoins0720

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:23:35 AM

the miners will get pay in every transaction made by us who exchange the bitcoin and making transaction
the bitcoin will continue to circulate and maybe the price will get more higher
and I think bitcoin will be used widely not like now in most of countries hehehe HOPEFULLY
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:39:02 PM

Bitcoin won’t reach the 21M market cap, it’s because many Bitcoin users lose it or the users don’t pass down their Bitcoin when they die. then when Bitcoin reached the maximum market cap, the last coin or block will be mined then the mining will only verify the transaction or PoS and seems the value will increase but it’ll only last for a while until people sell it.
freezingmere

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:30:34 AM

After all bitcoins have been mined and reached its capping, if its popularity and support is big enough, we can expect that the value of bitcoins will sky rocket as the currency is limited.
kiyuan

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:55:30 AM

the price will rise,,  Cool Cool
Altcoindealer

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:58:57 AM

I think at the time when all Bitcoins are mined, Bitcoin value will be very high. And owning a whole bitcin will be very prestige. So at this time Bitcoin will be something like Gold. But just more rare!
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:02:24 AM

Circulation will happen.
It is not a good thing to hold at that time anymore.
Maybe  using it will be a lot better since the price will be larger  than what is it now.
I think there will be no problem with the fees and the stuck tx also.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
caloy06

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:06:35 AM

If the BTC becomes 21M I intend to turn my bitcoin over when BTC becomes 21M I will get a lot of money and I can build my own home and buy my own land. I also plan to buy small land and I can build my own business for the extra we can do and I will not rely on bitcoin and I also have fun while I bitcoin.If acquire 21M it is good to everyone to this join this site and to earn money for self and family needs.Bitcoin is really amazing and suprising to me because this site you earn much money. I wait bitcoin to be 21M until increasing my cup bitcoin.
clumsychoc

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:24:09 AM

A lot of things may happen if this is the case. One of which is that the value of the bitcoin will be at its all-time high.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: