Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:43:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone sent my bitcoins  (Read 1000 times)
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:59:54 PM

oh no... i worked so hard for them
can i get them back somehow?
can i find him?
how can i find the malware?

I would recommend you to completely reformat your computer, which will cause  all your apps to be deleted, but then you will be sure that the malware doesn't exist any more.

Unfortunately , because the nature of bitcoin, transactions are irreversible, which means that there is nothing to do after the funds has been sent away from your wallet.

See it as a lesson and learn from it so it won't happen for you again.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jorosss

Activity: 404
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:20:50 AM

Hi,

I have bitcoin core wallet, and today i saw that someone sent all of my bitcoins!
how can i bring them back? what happend?

can someone please help?

Thank you so much

you have been a victim of malware. there is no way to get back your money unless the hacker get this back to you. I know this is hard for you but you need to move on. Learn from your experience.
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:20:25 AM

You most likely have malware on your computer as we speak that's stealing your coins and logging passwords. You need to remove it,  as for the bitcoin it's lost forever, as bitcoin is non reversible.

I'm thinking about it also, that's why some bitcoin owners are using hardware key to access their account to avoid hacking and stealing. Hackers cannot penetrate blockchain systems so stealing wallets are their main attack.

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 05:24:23 PM

can i get them back somehow?

Unfortunately this is not easily possible. You could try to trace the address and if you may land on an exchange and you inform your local
law enforcement agency. But this depends on the amount if bitcoins stolen.

can i find him?

You can try to start a blockchain analysis. I think there are quite a few services online. But this costs money.
And you still only can find the "final recieving address". This can, but doesnt have to, lead to a success. Especially with coin mixing services available.

how can i find the malware?

To find the malware your best bet would be to first use a simple av scanner (e.g. malwarebytes anti malware) to scan. Afterwards you should
wipe your hard drive and get a fresh copy of your OS. Until then you should not store any coins on your pc.

Priktrice

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:53:16 PM

Hi,

I have bitcoin core wallet, and today i saw that someone sent all of my bitcoins!

https://ibb.co/cpFnJ6

can someone please help?

Thank you so much
You got hacked,  reset your computer.  Also your btc is gone forever =(
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:00:05 PM

Hi,

can someone please help?

Thank you so much

Feel really sorry for your loss.
Your PC must be having some connections shared or malware inserted in it through some defected media or some other activity like you may have downloaded it from "wrong" source (may have happened). Stop using it or format it completely. Your coins won't come back due to the Bitcoins' property that it is irreversible in any case.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: