Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New way of scamming on forum (User - axorb)  (Read 257 times)
giveen (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:43:03 PM

Profile link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=97101
Amount scammed :
Message from scammer :
I saw you applied for signature bazista campaign managed by atriz

am running a new campaign for next 6 weeks why not join my campain

follow this link to visit or website and then applied

slots are

10 Legendary
10 Hero
10 Senior

phishing link won't post

What happened: I got the above message , he already has red trust not sure to how many people he sent this message but when you click on it it takes to some other domain which has the same login page like bitcointalk.org
If anyone received this please don't login it will probably steal your account details. Please report if you notice anymore activities.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:20:28 PM

This person copied the login of bitcointalk.org and hosted it in a free hosting website.
this can catch any person that doesn't check the url.

Maybe bitcointalk.org should add an advice at the login page

Ensure you're visiting
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:38:38 PM

If you are paying attention to what you are doing, it should be nigh on impossible to get phished like this. First off, how often does the forum randomly log you out and ask you to log back in whilst you are in the middle of a session? I cannot think of many (if any) occasions where I have clicked a link for a thread and been asked out of the blue to log back in again. If that was to happen I would be instantly suspicious.

Second, I have a habit of hovering over the URL before I click it, so it is pretty damn obvious if the link is not an official bitcointalk.org link.

Lastly, even if you do somehow click on a malicious link and get to a fake log in page, you should be checking the URL of the site you are on before you go and enter your personal credentials.

If you do all these things, the chances of you getting phished are slim to zero.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:34:55 PM

Use Report to the admin link attached in the left-hand corner of the PM and don't forget to include the word phishing with extra details you want to tell them. It helps mods to ban him permanently as phishing become a major issue on bitcointalk.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: