Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:30:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stand with Edward Snowden  (Read 765 times)
bernard75 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:00:50 PM

This 29 year-old analyst just gave up his whole life -- his girlfriend, his job, and his home -- to blow the whistle on the US government's shocking PRISM program -- which has been reading and recording our emails, Skype messages, Facebook posts and phone calls for years.

When Bradley Manning passed this kind of data to Wikileaks, the US threw him naked into solitary confinement in conditions that the UN called "cruel, inhumane and degrading".

The authorities and press are deciding right now how to handle this scandal. If millions of us stand with Edward in the next 48 hours, it will send a powerful statement that he should be treated like the brave whistleblower that he is, and it should be PRISM, and not Edward, that the US cracks down on.

Please sign and spead the word:
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_prism_global
gdassori

Activity: 980
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:10:17 PM

This will surely solve everything.

kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:33:28 PM

This 29 year-old analyst just gave up his whole life -- his girlfriend, his job, and his home -- to blow the whistle on the US government's shocking PRISM program -- which has been reading and recording our emails, Skype messages, Facebook posts and phone calls for years.

When Bradley Manning passed this kind of data to Wikileaks, the US threw him naked into solitary confinement in conditions that the UN called "cruel, inhumane and degrading".

The authorities and press are deciding right now how to handle this scandal. If millions of us stand with Edward in the next 48 hours, it will send a powerful statement that he should be treated like the brave whistleblower that he is, and it should be PRISM, and not Edward, that the US cracks down on.

Signed, thanks a lot.
Galahad

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:07:36 AM

This will surely solve everything.

At least when we sign a petition we're actually doing something. It's a powerful statement of the will of the people.
kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:42:42 PM

I suggest more people sign this, its the right thing to do
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:12:57 PM

At least when we sign a petition we're actually doing something. It's a powerful statement of the will of the people.
Barely (no disrespect).  Although White House petitions do get an answer if they get enough signatories.  The Death Star request amused me no end.

Far better to put pen to paper and actually write to your elected officials.

Not that it matters in this case.  The legality of the NSA's approach will be tested in court (the American Civil Liberties Union is suing).
bernard75 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:37:00 PM

Here you can sign on a joint letter to congress:
https://optin.stopwatching.us/
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:22:06 PM

At first I was like:  Shocked Shocked Shocked   When I saw that 361k ppl had signed it already. (Fully 1% of our population)

But then I was like:  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  When I saw that most of the signers weren't even from our population.  Tongue

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:14:37 PM

- Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

- Don't believe ANYTHING you see on the mainstream media - if the story is originating from the MSM, its a psy-op.

That said, I couldn't care less about 'Edward Snowden' - if that's even his real name.

I'm grumpy!!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:46:27 PM

At first I was like:  Shocked Shocked Shocked   When I saw that 361k ppl had signed it already. (Fully 1% of our population)

But then I was like:  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  When I saw that most of the signers weren't even from our population.  Tongue

Those people are also being spied on. It seems fair that they should also have a voice.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: