Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:49:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's talk near-future possible scenarios for top altcoins  (Read 442 times)
sirgoldi (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:04:57 PM

Hi guys. Saturday encouraged me to think about some strategy for next 2 weeks as I have some CFD which are on lose right now - Ripple, Ethereum and Monero. And those CFD are going to expire in 2 weeks so I must make some decision.

Okay, so what's going right now:
1. Top altcoins are dead now in terms of volume, hold some support for last few days
2. Bitcoin is very high; no high risk of massive correction, no big chances for big pump too
3. Altcoins almost don't react when Bitcoin is growing but react when it's losing value (but the look more stable than BTC)

Possible scenarios for 2 weeks:
1. Top altcoins will be stuck in this values - 70-80% (very possible but on the other hand such stability is something new in this year what make this chance smaller)
2. Big pump on BTC will pump altcoins a lot - 10% (no chance IMO, money will just go back again to BTC to pump it even more)
3. BTC will lose 5-15% so do altcoins - 40-50% (possible but they look to stable for now IMO)
4. People will leave BTC for some weeks to earn on alts - 20-30% (wish to believe in it more but chances are small)
5. Altcoins will lose another 5-15% when BTC dumps which will be painful for CFD holders - 50% (I'm afraid it's possible and that's the worst scenario for me)

What do you think must happen to make altcoins grow when scenario "rising BTC" not working? Any experiences about it from the future?

Thank you!
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:37:34 PM

At some point there will be news from China removing the suspension on trading, and BTC along with all the Chinese alts will boom.

At least thats what I'm hoping for! Tongue

sirgoldi (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:48:06 AM

At some point there will be news from China removing the suspension on trading, and BTC along with all the Chinese alts will boom.

Do you think that China is a problem? BTC pumped A LOT without any positive info about China. So alts needs something else I think. But what? Volume on Bitcoin is 50% compared to a few days ago. Some value went to Bitcoin Cash. But where is the rest? Probably just cash out and left the market.
sirgoldi (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:28:26 AM

Do you think that China is a problem? BTC pumped A LOT without any positive info about China. So alts needs something else I think. But what? Volume on Bitcoin is 50% compared to a few days ago. Some value went to Bitcoin Cash. But where is the rest? Probably just cash out and left the market.

Any comments please? Smiley
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:36:19 AM

BTC does whatever it wants regardless of China or not. Alts need more help. I think there are a lot of Chinese alt coins that would receive some Chinese investments if they could access the trading exchanges that hold these coins.

thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:43:49 AM

The market is too saturated. I think it will be sometime before alts recover to the way they were at the beginning of the summer.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:46:02 AM

Top altcoins are dead now in terms of volume, hold some support for last few days
Not really you might be a trader who only wants profit this can be the reason why you are making such statements. The price will fall in 2 weeks because of SegWit not because of low resistance level.

Bitcoin is very high; no high risk of massive correction, no big chances for big pump too
Pump will happen don't worry , risk involved is surely less i would agree but returns are still lesser tham alts in long run.

Altcoins almost don't react when Bitcoin is growing but react when it's losing value (but the look more stable than BTC)
That's actually sad from the recent events the market has lost it's complete stability can't predict when it will be back to normal but btc pumping is really killing alts.

China doesn't matter anymore i believe with the chinese traders alts never fell when btc rose in most situations but this time a less cashout has occured compared to the last people do buy alt but now they consider holding btc more than alts.
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:55:33 AM

I think these alts, Ripple, Monero and Eth will be stuck in their prices for a while, for different reasons. I don’t think they will massively dump though. I think what would make them go higher is for Ripple, a big announcement, Monero has a lot of competition and it needs to show it’s taking it seriously. I’m not sure what ETH needs. There are so many ETH based icos and yet the price is steady.

I don’t think these three coins, which the possible exception for ETH, are a safe harbor for investors when they get rid of Bitcoin.
sirgoldi (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:47:15 PM

I think these alts, Ripple, Monero and Eth will be stuck in their prices for a while, for different reasons. I don’t think they will massively dump though. I think what would make them go higher is for Ripple, a big announcement, Monero has a lot of competition and it needs to show it’s taking it seriously. I’m not sure what ETH needs. There are so many ETH based icos and yet the price is steady.

I don’t think these three coins, which the possible exception for ETH, are a safe harbor for investors when they get rid of Bitcoin.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: