Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:46:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to measure the potential of the alt coin  (Read 409 times)
iamhaidy (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:14:48 PM

Is there any method to study the potential of a coin? Is it by look at it whitepaper only or do i need to understand the objective of those coin? Because there are too many alt coin with the same capability i.e untraceable transaction etc. Any comment guys?
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:46:48 PM

Is there any method to study the potential of a coin? Is it by look at it whitepaper only or do i need to understand the objective of those coin? Because there are too many alt coin with the same capability i.e untraceable transaction etc. Any comment guys?
No, reading only the white paper is not enough.
Look for:
- Features: Does the coin provide good/innovative features? Does it have a good and stable technology?
- Team: Is is an experienced team? Are they good workers and reliable people?
- Marketing strategy: Does the coin have a good hype? How is their website (shiny, easy to navigate, etc.)? Do they have social media accounts?
- Charts: look at past charts (if it's an old coin), or try to foresee they future if it's a new coin.
- Supply: Does the coin have a ridicolous high supply (like ripple, cindicator or dogecoin) or a low one (like Bitcoin, Myserium or Dash)? In general, high supply = inflation and low supply = deflation. There are some exceptions, though...

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:15:16 PM

It depends on how the coin is going to be handled by the owners, if it is a shitty project who is making huge promises about it's price, and the revenue to their investors then it is not worth it, probably they have just created the coin only to make some profit from it, and it happened a lot of times in the past, i hate those kind of greedy developers who only want to milk out the bitcoins from the investors.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:15:54 PM

Look for:
- Features: Does the coin provide good/innovative features? Does it have a good and stable technology?
- Marketing strategy: Does the coin have a good hype? How is their website (shiny, easy to navigate, etc.)? Do they have social media accounts?
- Charts: look at past charts (if it's an old coin), or try to foresee they future if it's a new coin.
- Supply: Does the coin have a ridicolous high supply (like ripple, cindicator or dogecoin) or a low one (like Bitcoin, Myserium or Dash)? In general, high supply = inflation and low supply = deflation. There are some exceptions, though...
thank you, I just was wandering how low/high supply influences the coins value and potencial, it is an interesting variable because it is not fixed.
I think it depends from many factors, but in the end it really a discriminant between serious projects and fun coins.
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:08:40 PM

Yes of course, it depends by a lot of things and it all concerns about the developers and the whole community that the ico or ipo will have.
If they have a shitty team, then they will not go so far, no matter how good their project is. It depends on the total supply of their coins, their hard cap, the expected amount of money that they are going to raise, it depends by a lot of things, not just the whitepaper.
The whitepaper is shit, i dont understand why a lot of people looks on the whitepaper instead of the real facts.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 623

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 11:13:06 PM

Look for:
thank you, I just was wandering how low/high supply influences the coins value and potencial, it is an interesting variable because it is not fixed.
I think it depends from many factors, but in the end it really a discriminant between serious projects and fun coins.
Honestly not all  altcoin could be trusted there are altcoin that made only for dump and pump just to let people to invest and dump even the altcoin is promising and had good stats there are still potencially for dump and pump purposes..this is promoter doing they are making high quality thread to be attracted to investors.
If the altcoin developers are active to support altcoin and actively inform other people about situation and stats of coin .
Mostly old coins has potencially to grow high like vertcoin before. vertcoin price before was dump a lot but right now is getting good value again.. So old coin has  potencial to grown in the future..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:28:24 PM

There are a lot of bad coins because they dont have a professional team or good advicers, and this is why they dont create a good roadmap for their coin, and this is probably one of the most tipical errors that you can find in a new released coin, or those who have been in the market for months and their price is freezed, like waves or siacoin. But you can not predict how much the price will be worth, but you can "look" at the future with the team that they have.
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:37:05 PM

Do not just rely on their taglines. That is one very useless way of trying to determine whether a project is rich with potential or not. Everybody has to create an attractive and exciting tagline that will catch the attention of the people. The real taste of the pudding is in the details. Also, do not just consider the look of the whitepaper. Consider the content in addition to the looks. As I have said, the details are the most important things to consider.
SureLockLoans

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:42:25 PM

The core principles are the ideas behind it are they introducing new technology along with the coin, and also if they are putting any investment into active advertisements.

OMGyasuo

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:47:14 PM

In addition to the whitepaper you can read more about the development project of that altcoin. From there you can understand in part how it works.  then you can predict the potential of this money, but it isn't certainly true.

OMGyasuo

Activity: 149

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:38:02 AM

Do not just rely on the whitepaper, you have to consider the develope project of that altcoin. No one can be sure about the dynamics of money, so they can not give you any assertion. It's all up to you to decide on the project that the organizer offers.

pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 717

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:37:50 AM

Measuring the potential of a coin only depends on the way how you analyze it. While some people have good analyzing techniques the other don't look at the way they do. You must analyze it properly in order to find out its potential. Find out whether there is something new in the project.
Find out whether there is an actual need for the particular project in the society. If there is no need then the project will obviously have no value at the end. They might raise a good amount of money through marketing strategy but it will eventually drop in value. Also find out their goals through the roadmap, you can find out through that itself whether the project will be successful one or not.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Olis1000

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:12:33 AM

First study the white paper , what they av gat to offer the public.. Ask your sef, is it innovative? Does it solve a problem Or not..does it improve on already exiting technology.. Do your research.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:29:55 PM

You should also check its market cap,who are its devs,what is their project about,is it an already existing reputed company if it launches coins,which big investors have invested in it.You should read its price charts to find its price history.

Just check some crypto related websites which honestly give reviews about the coin,its performance and its future.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
humanCNC

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:56:06 PM

In my opinion, the potential for a coin is not reflected in the whitepaper, but rather in the content of the development project that accompanies that altcoin. You can read it carefully and then make the decision. But this is not really completely correct, sometimes the project is good but still hit hard and that affects that altcoin.

paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 07:42:06 PM

It is when an Altcoin gathered public attention through Bitcoin and crypto currency  news and the team's core is exceptional and the most of all is the stability of it's value like when the price is increasing day after day and week after week. Then you can guess it's a good coon and has the potential to position as the next to coin. That way, it's a good time to invest and trade.

craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:31:17 PM

You need to ensure the devs team is legitimate. Without a legit dev team you can rest assured that the coin is either a pump-and-dump, or destined to fail.
naughty1

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:10:00 PM

In my experience, evaluating a coin depends very much on the idea and its development team, which are two factors that determine the development of a coin. However, to accurately measure it, I think we can not.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:35:22 PM

Other than white paper you should review their activities like their active advertising thru tv or to social media like twitter tweets and facebook post. If you could see everyday that they are very active in tweets and posts then their projects will be at high possibility potential. Then do research of those posts and tweets in the internet to see the activities is true or not. Then at the start of the sale you will monitor their market sale if many have invested but if there is only few investor, meaning they may fail.
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:21:29 AM

look for community whether they are active and also their road map and technology they offer

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: