Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:54:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine with coinchoose  (Read 905 times)
fishy (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:10:23 PM

To mine with coinchoose do you need every client and .conf? For every coin?

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
eddyfitz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:40:17 PM

Well, coinchoose.com, if it's what you mean only show "profitability" of coins against bitcoin/litecoin. it does not have any pools and so on.
you may consider throw you hashing power to my pool, if you up to mining altcoins  Smiley
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:54:59 PM

fishy (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:13:26 AM

ahhh

sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 08:17:34 PM

I think they mean CryptoSwitcher.  Right?
tonyk2005

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:19:17 PM

Try pointing your cgminer to multipool.in
It automatically switches to the most profitable coin available.  You only need one scrypt-based config file for your miner and it will do all the switching work for you.
(Im not affiliated with them but I did use it and found that the service worked pretty well.  Ive since decided to just stick with LTC however as it can be quite difficult to actually profit from constant coin-switching.  If you are constantly switching to the most profitable coin you also need to be constantly trading them otherwise by the time you collect a meaningful amount the profitability may well have dropped back down again.  Too much time required for me)
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:26:00 PM

It automatically switches to the most profitable coin available.  You only need one scrypt-based config file for your miner and it will do all the switching work for you.
(Im not affiliated with them but I did use it and found that the service worked pretty well.  Ive since decided to just stick with LTC however as it can be quite difficult to actually profit from constant coin-switching.  If you are constantly switching to the most profitable coin you also need to be constantly trading them otherwise by the time you collect a meaningful amount the profitability may well have dropped back down again.  Too much time required for me)

Are there any others auto-switching pools like multipool.in?

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:50:58 PM

quote worthy

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
fishy (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Ok.  I got cgminer and pointed it to multipool.in
Where do I put my scrypt config file for the miner?  Do I need one for every coin?

peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:21:54 PM

Where do I put my scrypt config file for the miner?  Do I need one for every coin?
Put the 'StartMining.bat' ( NON TEXT FORMAT FOR SAVING THE FILE ) in your CGMiner folder. Double click. If your settings are correct, you should be online in a matter of ~1 minute.
fishy (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:37:15 PM

Put the 'StartMining.bat' ( NON TEXT FORMAT FOR SAVING THE FILE ) in your CGMiner folder. Double click. If your settings are correct, you should be online in a matter of ~1 minute.

Could you give me an example of the file?
Sorry. I'm a noob.  Sad

peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:39:58 PM

It automatically switches to the most profitable coin available. You only need one scrypt-based config file for your miner and it will do all the switching work for you.

Could you give me an example of the file?
Sorry. I'm a noob.  Sad

No problem. Noobs are cool with me. We're all n00bz at something.

Check out my threads when I had trouble. Some good info.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211212.0;topicseen

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210998.0;topicseen
fishy (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:09:34 AM

I just started mining for multipool without any coin configs... is that OK?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: