Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:12:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin fees make me angry  (Read 2365 times)
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:07:23 PM

Yes i feel you. I hate the fees that's why i don't convert as much as possible. I hold my btc and convert only when there's an emergency or if i ran out of money. Someday it'll be better. We'll just hope it will. Sigh.
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 620

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:10:58 PM

Not only you people are angry about the fees. I know that 2 USD is quite cheap for those whales out there and for those average bitcoin holders.

You may say that it's not too much but for me and to other people who are holding a very few amount of bitcoin, the fees now are really high and I can't transact when it's too high.

I remember that I had to transact and pay almost $20 just for my transaction to get confirmed.  Cry

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:08:44 PM

With the price of bitcoin above $7000 we are paying well close to $5 on an average to get the transaction going if you want faster transaction the price will increase further,it is being like this for sometime and sadly there is nothing we can do unless we hope that there will be a time when the network could handle everything smoothly with lower transaction fees. With the transaction fees so high it is hard to imagine using bitcoin for smaller transactions like we used to do in the past,it is only good to carrying out big transactions.
Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:11:52 PM

what's going on with you ??, do you want to buy bitcoin while the price always goes up Huh or vice versa ?, or what actually makes you angry with the bitcoin cost ??
NerdYale

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:00:04 AM

Now this has became a disadvantage for bitcoin. I think its time we shift to another coins (eth preferably) that has still low mining/transaction fee. Its like you if you convert your small amount if bitcoin, you could even end up getting only half of it, and half to the transaction fee.

SastraID

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 12:39:11 AM

4.5$ actually not really high cause many exchanger have crazy fee
0.002 bitcoin pertransaction,, yeah that make me angry  Grin

Yukyzu

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:18:46 AM

there are wallets making high transaction costs are also low. high or low transactions will affect the quality of your transactions. the higher the transaction costs you spend then the transactions that you do will be faster, and vice versa.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 02:05:25 AM

Yup, fees are killing everything very badly. Its also not the same every other day from what I have observed since last week. Many of the transaction that I’m doing from my personal account are taking more than 6-7 hours upto 24 hours for some of them after paying the “Normal” fees also. This is ridiculous to see how this may get worst in the future. This might be due to more competition and hence more difficulty in finding the blocks. However, I’m afraid that prices of the bitcoin could also be one of the reason fro this. The fees are always dynamic and paying higher fees also won’t do much good and they will result in successful transaction after 6+ hours only. This is clear that its the difficulty that these guys are getting or may be something else I don’t know but its not good for small transactor like me.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

daight

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:04:29 AM

in my case I always make fee of my transaction is 120 satoshi/byte and almost 1~2 hours to get 1 confirm this is cheapest more than exodus wallet fee, I think not below 110 if below that transaction gonna be long
DBronze98

Activity: 403

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:09:31 AM

What the hell ?

LOL, it is normal for bitcoin high values to be higher than expected to ensure that transactions are smooth and profitable for each withdrawal.

pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:22:02 AM

I agree that the fees are too high. Hopefully they will go down as bitcoin scales. I suppose there is both a positive and a negative to this, as rising fees are an indicator of rising demand. However, for bitcoin to become mainstream, the fees will have to drop substantially.
kqyyzmlc

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:43:02 AM

If the number of bitcoins you use to transfer is less than 0.0 x, the current transfer fee is really high because the price of bitcoin is really high. The transaction fee is the same whether it is 0.001 or 10, so it is very inconvenient now. I hope there is a good solution.
chuckblocker

Activity: 126
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:34:33 PM

It's going to shit quick. I paid 5$ for a 10$ transaction yesterday and still didnt get confirmed 1 day later... LMFAO, that's 288 sat/byte

https://blockchain.info/tx/470eed8c0118e02d8b3accec1a3b041fb32683496f7cf33e33234a29d29e2fbf

Now they are asking 8.77$ / 580 satoshis for priority, blockchain.info.

So yea, bitcoin is dead for microtransaction. And anything below 250$ is considered a micro... LMFAO again.

Good riddance, can't wait for it to go back down to 450$ or die already. Perfect money here I come again after years.

Ooh, and I f***g miss Liberty Reserve. Too bad feds killed it to make way for this bitcoin garbage.
trinketmage

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:46:25 PM

Transaction fees are way to high for Bitcoin. It´s a problem, and the devs should fix it asap.
chuckblocker

Activity: 126
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:49:52 PM

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-count?timespan=24h

Noone paying those "priority" fees so mempool just becomes more jammed up by the minute. It was at 80k or smth unconfirmeds 10 hours ago, lol.

just name it whalecoin already

Sucks for those who tried getting out @ 7400-7700 values. Not get any confirms and value now is 6392$. So 1k drop in value while waiting for confirm and going down still. Hahaha, really sucks for those panic sellers.
CryptoClown

Activity: 261

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:00:07 PM

Gone were the days that we can send bitcoin funds with zero transaction fees. I guess we should anticipate that the more it gets popular, the more fees we need to pay for the blockchain.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:22:27 AM

What the hell ?

Bitcoin transaction fee changes from time to time. In our country (GMT  +8:00), transaction fee is usually at its lowest early in the morning and at its highest during daytime. The best thing to do when you are trying to transact with bitcoin is to check the transaction fee at every point of the day so that you will be able to pay the lowest possible transaction fee later on.

Another thing, transaction fee varies in every wallet. There are some wallets that really require high transaction fee to accomodate the volume of transactions in their platform.
ananas99

Activity: 632
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:27:27 AM

What the hell ?

And you wanted to earn and not earn on you. Well, there is no price at the height of the prospect is, then the fees can be made good. And there is your business whether you should pay them or not. But after all, the fee changes with time, maybe you went to not the best time.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
deepika the crypto girl

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:39:19 AM

What the hell ?

Yes, the fees are pretty high these days, If you are making small transactions than the money you earn is only slightly more than the fees paid. I think using altcoin can be a good alternative to lower the transaction cost.
jilani

Activity: 244

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:46:28 AM

What the hell ?

Fee 4.51 USD This is really disappointed thing because Bitcoin transaction fee is more high.I think should price will be reduce after that people feel to comfort in BTC transaction.Otherwise it's very difficult to carry high transaction fee.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: