Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:26:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent BTC to bitmixer2 and it's been over 24 hours and still haven't forwarded  (Read 282 times)
copemint (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:35:40 PM

I sent some BTC through bitmixer2 and it's been over 24 hours and still haven't forwarded to my other wallet.  I've used this before and it's worked multiple times in the past but i'm starting to worry because it doesn't usually take this long.

Could anyone help? Thanks
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:11:05 AM

You should have used Chipmixer. Why do people experiment with new mixers and hope for good results?

With Chipmixer, it's just one confirmation. That's all it takes and your coins are mixed beautifully and perfectly.

As for this mixer, not sure if you will see your coin output but I suggest contacting their support staff.. if they have one.

Good luck.

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:52:57 AM

Bitmixer2? Is there any reason to believe that they are not a honey pot right now that was set up by the FBI or a law enforcement agency?

But, copemint, all you can do now is contact their customer support and hope for the best.Next time if you really want anonymous transactions, then start knowing about the altcoins that have them coded their protocol like Dash, Zcash or XMR.

bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:54:11 AM

I sent some BTC through bitmixer2 and it's been over 24 hours and still haven't forwarded to my other wallet.  I've used this before and it's worked multiple times in the past but i'm starting to worry because it doesn't usually take this long.

So what's the link of this bitmixer2 you're saying? Will you share the link if you mind?

If you used this site too many times then I might guess or not if its legit base on your jurisdiction. But you have to consider other side too, the network has huge backlog, this time its more than 60k so it will affect the mixer to send to your forwarding address because of higher fees. I said that for the good side if the site you used is legit, but if this mixer is not the legit one, then theres no way you will receive the mixed coins.
copemint (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:04:55 AM

Bitmixer2.us

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:10:05 AM

1. Where did you hear about this mixer? 2. What where the reviews like? 3. What's your txid? Not much anyone can do without #3 even though sending that info out here would obviously spoil what you where trying to do with a mixer!
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:18:10 AM

To avoid all the drama, use a reputable mixing service such as Chipmixer. You send the bitcoins, wait for a single confirmation and withdraw your chips. Safe and simple.

Support is quick to respond in the event of any open issues and they are resolved transparently and fairly. As I just said, it’s a zero-drama procedure. And trust, that big word, is something you never have to worry about. The mixer works beautifully and flawlessly.

npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:33:05 AM

Looks like a complete ripoff of bitmixer.io or if not, then bitmixer may had sold their scripts after shutting down their services. If that's the latter then their reason for closing down is meaningless.
They've still put bitcoin transactions for dark web use.
Well, are you sure OP that the site you used in the past is not the original and trusted bitmixer.io?
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:43:01 AM

I sent some BTC through bitmixer2 and it's been over 24 hours and still haven't forwarded to my other wallet.  I've used this before and it's worked multiple times in the past but i'm starting to worry because it doesn't usually take this long.

They literally copied their entire website design from the legitimate bitmixer.

That's the first thing that should have hit your brain. If they are not even bothered to design their own site, but instead choose to impersonate a veteran site that has already shut down its operations, then they are most likely a scam.

I'm sorry, but take this as a loss. Hopefully it wasn't much but it's a lesson to be learnt.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:50:26 AM

Unfortunately you did get ripped.

Bitmixer2 is probably not a legit mixing service. As warningsigns said, if you aren't sure of which service to use then do not just go onto some random site that you find on google and expect it to all work out for you.

Chipmixer is a good option to try out next time.

copemint (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:57:04 AM

Appreciate the help.  I'll take this L and learn from it..
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:28:36 AM

Appreciate the help.  I'll take this L and learn from it..

That's my man, take the L and learn from it.

Mixing service scams are commonplace here. The reason being that the amounts that people usually trust mixers with are high and with a Tor phishing link or even clearnet phishing link, it's easy for people to get scammed.

Never, ever click on a google ads link or an unknown mixer without an announcement thread on bitcointalk.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: