Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 09:31:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockBooth.com | A search engine for OpenBazaar 2.0  (Read 516 times)
BlockBooth (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:46:16 AM

Hey BitcoinTalk community, I spent about a week building a new lightweight search engine that I hope you will all enjoy and use Cheesy. ***I am not soliciting this forum for any money or asking anyone to pay me for anything. I'm just discussing and informing you of a new service based on OB which accepts Bitcoin and other cryptos.***

Here are the details:

Clearweb URL: https://blockbooth.com/search/

TOR Mirror: http://vnjzhvm5gkctyldn.onion/search/

Add us as a search engine in your OB client, click the + sign next to search provider and enter: https://search.blockbooth.com/api/

**Features**

- Lightweight.
- Fast.
- TOR FRIENDLY!!! Javascript is not required to use the site properly.
- Machine learning search algorithm. The more users that use the site, the better the results will be.
- Initiate updates for your own stores on an as needed basis.
- No censorship.
- Shows you if there are any coupons for products you want to buy.

The website is about 70% complete in terms of features but it works quite well as it stands. I hope you will all use it.

Questions, comments and suggestions are appreciated Smiley.

If you feel like donating to this project, check the "About" page.

Thanks for reading!
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 3869

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:55:46 AM

Decent user interface. I suggest moving the search button somewhere near the search bar though. Also, what advantages does your search engine have compared to other openbazaar search engines like duosear.ch and bazaarbay.org?

Curated Crypto Airdrop Database
BlockBooth (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:05:01 PM

Decent user interface. I suggest moving the search button somewhere near the search bar though. Also, what advantages does your search engine have compared to other openbazaar search engines like duosear.ch and bazaarbay.org?

Thanks for the suggestion, I've added another search button. Advantages include: NO Javascript required, more relevant results related to what you're searching (think Google vs Bing), faster indexing of new shops, and I don't think duosear.ch or bazaarbay.org are capable of searching OpenBazaar 2.0. I think they're both only on 1.0

In my humble opinion this is the best search engine for OpenBazaar 2.0 in existence for now.
mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:49:31 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I've added another search button. Advantages include: NO Javascript required, more relevant results related to what you're searching (think Google vs Bing), faster indexing of new shops, and I don't think duosear.ch or bazaarbay.org are capable of searching OpenBazaar 2.0. I think they're both only on 1.0

In my humble opinion this is the best search engine for OpenBazaar 2.0 in existence for now.

Alright. No comment on your engine's supposedly "best" search engine, as I've haven't really used openbazaar in a couple of months already.

I'll comment on your user interface instead. I see that you have Bootstrap's sources on your HTML code, but for some reason your website's layout isn't being responsive like it should when using Bootstrap. This is a huge factor in my opinion. You definitely need to work a bit on your HTML code. Also, add a footer. Tongue

Best of luck.

BlockBooth (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:12:48 PM

Alright. No comment on your engine's supposedly "best" search engine, as I've haven't really used openbazaar in a couple of months already.

I'll comment on your user interface instead. I see that you have Bootstrap's sources on your HTML code, but for some reason your website's layout isn't being responsive like it should when using Bootstrap. This is a huge factor in my opinion. You definitely need to work a bit on your HTML code. Also, add a footer. Tongue

Best of luck.

It actually does respond but it was zoomed in on mobile on page load. What is your opinion now? The other option is to hide the search options in a collapsing left bar to make the search results bigger but that might confuse visitors.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:37:42 PM

Best of luck.

It actually does respond but it was zoomed in on mobile on page load. What is your opinion now? The other option is to hide the search options in a collapsing left bar to make the search results bigger but that might confuse visitors.
Your site is not mobile friendly and i think arrange your design that works in mobile  ..
I suggest that your menu is in top of the screen and next it the search bar after that next is the content . After that the next is your advanced search below the content including Type of Product, Adult Content, Ships to and  etc..  it would be easy to your visitors to browse your website..  unlike your present design for mobile not actually good design for mobile but for for ipads  looks good just like the same as pc design but if you wanted mobile visitors to stay and easy browse content in your site you should change the design as i suggest..
mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:10:56 AM

A bit more small details:

I'd personally use "All" instead of "Any type of good".

Also, I'd work a bit more on your tables. They just look so sort of "90s". Here's a better example of an item list on a table[1]. Looks alot more modern in my opinion.

[1]https://www.ebay.com/b/PC-Laptops-Netbooks/177?Brand=HP&Processor%2520Type=Intel%2520Core%2520i7%25207th%2520Gen%252E&Product%2520Line=ENVY&rt=nc

BlockBooth (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:32:44 AM

Best of luck.

Your site is not mobile friendly and i think arrange your design that works in mobile  ..
I suggest that your menu is in top of the screen and next it the search bar after that next is the content . After that the next is your advanced search below the content including Type of Product, Adult Content, Ships to and  etc..  it would be easy to your visitors to browse your website..  unlike your present design for mobile not actually good design for mobile but for for ipads  looks good just like the same as pc design but if you wanted mobile visitors to stay and easy browse content in your site you should change the design as i suggest..

Regarding mobile, here's a live demo of what I was talking about. Do you guys find this setup confusing on mobile? Nothing will be different on desktop https://blockbooth.com/searchbeta/

The other pages scale to mobile perfectly.

@mjg I'll change the tables up a bit after I sort this out thanks for the suggestions!
BlockBooth (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:30:13 PM

Bump! Hoping to get feedback on the new mobile site
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: