Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:58:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: Exposed?  (Read 2161 times)
AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:16:29 AM

A documentary here in the Philippines entitled: FAILON NGAYON have exposed Bitcoin as a type of scam.
It goes like this: a callcenter agent guy invested on one of the sh*tcoins here. He invested a fair amount of money into it as a promise projection of 50% gain for about 3 months. After 3 months have passed and he was about to withdrawn the money, support system from that UK based comoany was suddenly became unresponsive.
Financial analyst said that bitcoin is being used by some scammers to phish for money from users through untrusted sites.
I think that due to anonymity, it is very hard to track down those people who uses bitcoin for scamming.
For me, I think you just invest amount ofnmeny that you can afford to lose. Secondly, just transact with secured sites and not fall for get rich quick schemes because most likely thisnis a scam.
What are your thoughts on this?

The problem is not bitcoin but the amount of scammers and misinformed people in the world. You can count the documentary's researchers as misinformed or spreading fake news on account of meeting their deadline. They did not research it thoroughly and will expose themselves, along with the show, as untrustworthy.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:48:06 AM

A documentary here in the Philippines entitled: FAILON NGAYON have exposed Bitcoin as a type of scam.
It goes like this: a callcenter agent guy invested on one of the sh*tcoins here. He invested a fair amount of money into it as a promise projection of 50% gain for about 3 months. After 3 months have passed and he was about to withdrawn the money, support system from that UK based comoany was suddenly became unresponsive.
Financial analyst said that bitcoin is being used by some scammers to phish for money from users through untrusted sites.
I think that due to anonymity, it is very hard to track down those people who uses bitcoin for scamming.
For me, I think you just invest amount ofnmeny that you can afford to lose. Secondly, just transact with secured sites and not fall for get rich quick schemes because most likely thisnis a scam.

The problem is not bitcoin but the amount of scammers and misinformed people in the world. You can count the documentary's researchers as misinformed or spreading fake news on account of meeting their deadline. They did not research it thoroughly and will expose themselves, along with the show, as untrustworthy.
This is the real fact that bitcoin is going to a better use also but still few people are using it in bad ways and illegal works .
Here I am not supporting that article of that book because I know very well that bitcoin is not scam but the use of the bitcoin for scammare in these days growing .
But still here i am in favour of everything ( except bad use of the bitcoin ) , Because I know very well.that in the incoming future Everything is going to digital and people will not much use cash , so every online transaction will be proof of the money movement that from where it come and where it will go .
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:57:22 AM

None of this has anything to do with Bitcoin. There are plenty of scammers that have attempted to exploit the hype around Bitcoin to perpetrate their scams, but that is no fault of Bitcoin.

And yes, some hackers/phishers use BTC. And before BTC, they used dollars, flipping stolen credit card numbers and carded gift cards. They still do. And now they use altcoins like Monero, too. So this FUD about association with crime is unfounded, unless we are going to deride all forms of money (including fiat money) for the same reason.

I have to agree. Bitcoin is not the main perpetrator here. A lot of scams utilize different kind of monetary mediums - some may use bitcoin, altcoins or even any fiat money or local currency. In this case, a token or different kind of coin was used. Since it is associated with cryptocurrency, bitcoin was simply affected here and because of this bitcoin's name got tainted. It's not new that there are some scams out there but we shouldn't blame bitcoin for those. It's unavoidable in this world, scams can be found anywhere even outside of bitcoin.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:16:29 PM

I do not understand how that which the so called (whatever the media outfit name is) said has anything to do with bitcoin. Someone invested in an ICO that promised heaven on earth and you got screwed, does that concern bitcoin that has been up and running for over 7 years? NO!

You carelessly made a mistake by not securing your funds or entering your details into a phishing site and you got screwed by a hacker, does that have anything to do with bitcoin? Let's call a spade a spade!
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:24:15 AM

It is good that some TV show bring this kind of topic for us to be aware of this scams. I think before we engage to to an investments we should always check their background first.
Wow it is good to sell how fast the bitcoin is begin famous even on TV, it is the beset step for the kids to learn about the bitcoin because our kids are our future and it is the best time to tell them about the bitcoins price and the importance by the way I am very happy to see the bitcoin is now getting more and more popular by the show and the telecasts about the bitcoin as you told us.

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:23:00 AM

Failon Ngayon is nothing but a propaganda tool like any mainstream media does. They were paid and manipulated by the sponsors of the show. The host is nothing but a ex-politician that may not be corrupt or might be but not exposed. Then in this move who will benefits from it and those promise that guy are just like most of the pyramid scammers roaming around, bitcoin or fiat it exist.
In fact, any sensible person should even ignore that kind of talk show. I just checked on google and they claim to be a  leading public affairs news show and public service program and they are not even informed ?
That is crap! Most of these media outfits are just too lazy to hit the books and do research and it is very annoying when they come out to spew claptrap like this.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:40:11 AM

Only because scammers use bitcoin doesn't mean that bitcoin itself is a scam! If someone wants to bad mouth bitcoin he will of course use this argument, but there are unlike larger and more scams based on fiat money!

The fiat money itself is a scam as only some privileged banks are allowed to control and create it while everyone can create bitcoin and no one controls it. That is a huge difference!

AH! Thats like good comparison between fiat and to let know how bitcoin is worth more than just a scammed scam! I mean people around the world get jealous of many things if they are not achieving any success with something and then they will blame it for sure. In case of bitcoin same thing happens and most of the time people are confused how to earn bitcoin, where to work for it and where to spend it. If this continues then then they will call it scam out of the frustration. So I believe there are lot many more people who don't like bitcoin for persona reasons but make it public.

sampalokmix

Activity: 315

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:13:09 PM

Hello, I am from Philippines too and not thinking about the same way if you are that vigilant to where you imvest your money, maybe he is careless not to think if that company really pays or not. I don't really like on how they feature it but if they focus on the positive side on bitcoin they would know how it goes and what future lies in through it. So be wise where you put your money.

Well me too, this is the time of scenario where in lack of information towards something and because you want to earn as soon as possible you tried to commit in something insured, they may be accused for stating unlawful toward bitcoin in which we can conclude that lack of information gathered by the source was entirely clear in the scenario and concluding for something unreal like bitcoin is a scam , well theres a lot of hackers here but bitcoin per se is not a scam.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:20:31 AM

Bitcoin is now on so much exposure in public. Many of them are still curious about it. For me bitcoin is not a scam its some of the users who use bitcoin in scamming thats why many are not satisfy on the proofs that bitcoin is not scam coz many are still the victim of it while using bitcoin.
We cant stop them and we cannot blame bitcoin because this is not their fault, so the only thing that we should do is make or keep our accounts in private and as much as possible read a lot of details about bitcoin to avoid scam.
Yes. Just like in real life, even if you hold money and then a thief attacks you.

Will you say the money you are holding is a scam ?
If you invest a certain amount of cash in a company that promises to give you something at the end which is not even related to bitcoin, will you then because of that say the money you invested is the scam ?

We just need to be careful, most especially when it has to do with security of our assets. You cannot be careless and expect a thief not to steal from you.
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:07:19 AM

Bitcoin has nothing to do with his loss.Its his fault to trust unverified websites and invest in it.Bitcoin is a decentralized currency and no one could control or influence your money invested in bitcoin.It would be better that those people who don't understand bitcoin just stay away from it and stop giving such silly reviews about bitcoin.

Bitcoin acceptance has already gone world wide and it is said that even some of the wall street people don't want to miss the opportunity of earning from bitcoins for just the reason that they work in wall street companies.

So just stop blah blah blah.

That's why we should not encourage more people to invest in bitcoins instead we must teach them how the bitcoin works and its potential to be adopt by other countries in the near future. It is their fault if they end up being scammed because they are too eager to earn money, I know some of the people who are just starting with bitcoins are too greedy to earn more money because they can't control their emotions. Those peoples came up with a conclusion that they will surely gain money with bitcoins based on what have they heard to other bitcoin users, I think it is the same thing that has happened to the person in the news.

ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:39:54 AM

I think he does not know about bitcoin because if he knows about bitcoin he can not be scammed. But it's in that person whether you're cheating or not. Not because the bitcoin is famous so you just have to invest it like that he would have studied it first well if it was legit. So let's get it through to all of us to be especially smart on the websites, we study first If we have no background  we can ask for advice on people with experience especially with bitcoin.
Happy you said, study first, which is the reasonable thing anyone should do, let alone a media outfit. That must be one hell of a crappy show in my opinion cause I can imagine the number of times they would have misled their viewers.

In fact, read all the things the OP mentioned that they said, it sounded like a kind of talk you would expect from a kindergarten kid. programs like this should be scrapped at end since they could not even get a simple fact straight.
Bakukang

Activity: 151

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:49:00 AM

If you are into bitcoins you can never be scammed as long as you won't allow it.And some people are using bitcoin to scam other people.It is not bitcoin that is a scam it is the people behind it and using it to fool people.

cryptokitty

Activity: 420

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:52:11 AM

Maybe, he did not do any investigation or do some research before the investment was made. Don't let ourselves believe with someone else telling us that we can earn a lot without analyzing the nature of business. Scammers are real, be observant.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:09:42 AM

Bitcoin has nothing to do with his loss.Its his fault to trust unverified websites and invest in it.Bitcoin is a decentralized currency and no one could control or influence your money invested in bitcoin.It would be better that those people who don't understand bitcoin just stay away from it and stop giving such silly reviews about bitcoin.

Bitcoin acceptance has already gone world wide and it is said that even some of the wall street people don't want to miss the opportunity of earning from bitcoins for just the reason that they work in wall street companies.

So just stop blah blah blah.

That's why we should not encourage more people to invest in bitcoins instead we must teach them how the bitcoin works and its potential to be adopt by other countries in the near future. It is their fault if they end up being scammed because they are too eager to earn money, I know some of the people who are just starting with bitcoins are too greedy to earn more money because they can't control their emotions. Those peoples came up with a conclusion that they will surely gain money with bitcoins based on what have they heard to other bitcoin users, I think it is the same thing that has happened to the person in the news.
Right! The most important thing which plays a very vital role in the world of bitcoin and that too for the one who is planning of investing money in bitcoin is none other than the amount of knowledge which he is having about bitcoin.

You will only be able to earn more money if you’ll be knowing about bitcoin in well manner. Above all, it will also help you from remaining aware of the scammers.
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:19:59 PM

If you are into bitcoins you can never be scammed as long as you won't allow it.And some people are using bitcoin to scam other people.It is not bitcoin that is a scam it is the people behind it and using it to fool people.

There are number of people who are talking about this thing that bitcoin is being used in different kind of illegal activities and that bitcoin is not doing any good for the society. The fact is bitcoin itself is really a wonderful thing. It all depends on the persons who are having bitcoins in their wallets like how they are actually using their bitcoins. Bitcoin itself has nothing bad in it.
Wagako

Activity: 249

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:25:47 PM

Yes just always transact with secured sites so that you can avoid scam. Scammer now is really wise so you better double your security. At this days we must take care.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:32:24 PM

You know, I was making some research online today when I came across an article on USATODAY that talked about bitcoin, explaining what it is all about and what’s likely come in future. Bitcoin is starting to gain wide recognition, lots if places both offline and online, but mostly online are accepting Bitcoin. Despite that Amazon is not accepting Bitcoin, we still have Overstock.com which is also one of the biggest online store in the world.
Cjbrinces11

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:27:42 PM

All investor here in the Philippines are waiting on that news and I already watched BUT those site are not trusted and all my group never new about those site scam. So that I recommend that think before you click.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:04:40 PM

Yes just always transact with secured sites so that you can avoid scam. Scammer now is really wise so you better double your security. At this days we must take care.
When I saw the Topic – Bitcoin Exposed, I thought there was something serious being discussed on bitcoin, maybe a hidden secret, I never knew it was something that doesn’t really make sense. I don’t see how a guy being scammed his money because of his own mistakes by Investing on the wrong place can be used against Bitcoin and the whole community as a whole to call it scam.

Scam is a normal thing, you can be scammed even with dollars, euros, pounds, gold and silver, they’re all scam, and are no different from being scammed with Bitcoin. Well, if Bitcoin is scam, and I’m making money from it, then there is no problem.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:29:22 PM

I’m sure people can come up with scams that include Bitcoins or altcoins but that’s not an implication on cryptocurrencies. People can scam you with any kind of money and they do it all the time. If anyone promises a certain gain over a period of time, then they are scamming you. They can’t make those kinds of promises.

The sad thing is that as people use Bitcoin in scams, it can affect Bitcoin’s perception as we have seen when people claim that Bitcoin is used for illegal activities. This can affect Bitcoins price and acceptance in a negative way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: