Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:26:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin work for online shopping?  (Read 3599 times)
Sifat33

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Honesty is the best policy

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:43:44 PM

Yes it is workig.Bitcoin is Very good online payment system.But there are many online shop don't accept bitcoin.But some online shops accept bitcoin.Some time I use bitcoin for online payment.

Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:09:06 PM

I believed that there is some website out there that accepts bitcoin as online payment. So yes it does work for online shopping although the big barrier that we are facing right now is the high transaction fee that prevent other online shopping to really accept bitcoin. And there are also online shopping that used to accepts bitcoin, but they choose not to because of the high fees and the slow confirmation time. We just hope that in the future we will see more online shops that will accept it eventually. But I believed that just one shopping site, like Amazon that will accept bitcoin, it will grow rapidly as they will set a precedence in the online world.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
rarg

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 04:15:06 PM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks

I can say yes, it's possible. If the ecommerce side ask customer wallet address, they can make refund. You can check ecommerce like newegg.com
they already did it. They can accept bitcoin for payment. More details here: https://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/16-6277/index.html

osasshem

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:00:29 PM

Buying heavy goods with online shopping sites is what I have not done nor come across, but it will be more better you convert your bitcoin to fiat so as to avoid any issues.
Purse us an online site too that accepts bitcoin for payments.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:14:25 PM

Yes, because bitcoins are transferable to cash. Me personally,as an online store owner I accept bitcoin as a payment.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 04:30:33 PM

COINS in the steam and other websites can online payment, but the website is not a lot of support, personal feel COINS as a third-party payment is of great value, its versatility and portability are not legal tender can be compared.

For now yes bitcoin work only in online shopping, but i think someday it is not possible to bitcoin to buy and pay in some resturants and some malls, if that place was ligalize to use virtual currency as a payments. Right now just enjoy what only bitcoin can do in online because if use payment in not online many changes has come.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:57:19 PM

I am not recommending it but try visiting deep web any time. You will find numerous sellers with their various merchandises selling everything for nothing else than bitcoin. As for the real world sites like Amazon and ebay. I still think its quite challenging considering the amount of legalities these countries have to face. They have to pay taxes in their respective countries so it will be hard for them to determine taxes on such purchases.
dawoodkhan97

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

LibertyLance - Where Freelancing Meets Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 07:53:42 PM

Basically, transactions done in bitcoin cannot be reversed or refunded
as in the case of Paypal. But what can be done is the website that
accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment can withhold buyer's bitcoins
until a said service or product has been delivered by the seller to the
buyer.

One example of this would be localbitcoins.com

/ / _  LibertyLance  |  First Ever Decentralized Gig Based Marketplace
ANN  Whitepaper  One Pager   ▬▬▬  SUBSCRIBE NOW  ▬▬▬   Twitter  Facebook  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Private Sale Starts on May 29th   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ynatopak14

Activity: 458
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:48:35 PM

here in my country PH it is ok to buy something over the net with bitcoin, pay bills, buy loads and send money to someone converted to FIAT,
some establishments are also accepting bitcoin now.  bitcoin is really evolving here and many people now are interested bout this!
Predator25

Activity: 354

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:39:04 PM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks

If scammers want to scam you on a platform like Ebay they have plenty of options even if the item is delivered.  But let me first tell you you cannot actually accept bitcoin as a payment option on ebay, you also cannot accept cash through the post either (thats the UK rule last time i checked anyway).  You can as a seller mark payment received for a product, this is an option ebay have and ebay wont know how you've been paid. So... lets assume you buy an item from an ebay seller, you contact them and ask to pay in bitcoin, they say OK and mark payment received after you have paid to their address. If they then dont get the item sent to you or its lost in the post/defective im assuming ebay will compensate you in fiat because it falls into the bracket of ebay buyer protection if you have had to contact ebay to step in.  A refund direct from the seller direct to buyer is a different thing, they would have to send you the bitcoin back else you get ebay to step in.  

Im assuming after going through this 1.) ebay would warn you not to pay in bitcoin again and 2.) ebay would warn seller not to accept bitcoin again.  But yeah in theory you could accept bitcoin for a trade sure. I have actually accepted cash in the post before for an online sale (in ebay's eyes its same as a bitcoin payment) and everything went smooth.
Yes it is actually a fast transaction and really good feature of bitcoin and giving satisfaction to many users to use it everytime having an transaction with other people.
ramayor

Activity: 102
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:22:27 PM

Yes, it works. A lot of companies, even large, allow their online products to be bought. But with a fluctuating value of btc, it would either help or hurt the company. One example company is the Microsoft. Users can buy content with bitcoin on Xbox and Windows store.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:25:24 PM

Some are acting as a middleman for this kind of transactions but, for bitcoin it can't solve your problem. It was made for Peer to Peer transactions unless the one who you sent your money can give it back to you if you don't get your item shipped.

Most of the big companies and small ones do accept bitcoin as payment to their site.
Delarock

Activity: 388

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:32:33 PM

Bitcoin can work for online shopping, now bitcoin is so popular. People use bitcoin and they want to include this in whole world. Shopping is one of those. I think some big online shopping market can not support this because bitcoin price always up and down.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Merit: 270

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:37:28 PM

Yes of course. Bitcoin is a digital money where its value is in the form of inflation. Bitcoin is also a money,
but it is more flexible than the real money we are using from day by day. We can use it by purchasing items online and we can encash it.
Somebody says they already used bitcoin as a mode of payment in online shopping they says it was good and easy way, but then I didn't try it yet because maybe this time I'm afraid to use my investments in some matters which I can also buy by using fiat but then they alreadybprove to me that it was possible so maybe I should try this sometime.
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:47:09 PM

Yes of course. Bitcoin is a digital money where its value is in the form of inflation. Bitcoin is also a money,
but it is more flexible than the real money we are using from day by day. We can use it by purchasing items online and we can encash it.

Aside that we can encash or we can divert our coin into fiat to use as a mode of payments some on line shops are allowed bitcoin itself as a mode of payment,so for the question if bitcoin work as a mode of payment in online shopping I am saying yes, and some of our co-campaigners also says that they already made some transactions using bitcoin as a mode of payment.
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:54:37 PM

Yes it is workig.Bitcoin is Very good online payment system.But there are many online shop don't accept bitcoin.But some online shops accept bitcoin.Some time I use bitcoin for online payment.
Yes bitcoin really works for online shopping. Some of the member in this forum already stated that they were able make some transactions like shopping in online gaming and others using bitcoin. We have also this option of converting digital currency into fiat so that we can use the money to pay our bills.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 06:34:47 PM

First you need to see where you are shopping really. I mean you yourself stated that in case of amazon or eBay they will solve the problem on their end. Well, in this case what they are actually doing is, they are holding the payment in their account before they can pay to the seller. This way they make it sure that they don’t provide the fraud services. I mean if seller don’t sell the item then simply the money will be returned to you which they are holding for you.

So in case of bitcoin if the service provider is taking the money and holding into their account before sending it to the merchant then obviously you can request the money back from the merchant itself. So that easy logic beyond it how those big merchandise work on money back garuntee.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

DrYe5

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:52:11 PM

First you need to see where you are shopping really. I mean you yourself stated that in case of amazon or eBay they will solve the problem on their end. Well, in this case what they are actually doing is, they are holding the payment in their account before they can pay to the seller. This way they make it sure that they don’t provide the fraud services. I mean if seller don’t sell the item then simply the money will be returned to you which they are holding for you.

So in case of bitcoin if the service provider is taking the money and holding into their account before sending it to the merchant then obviously you can request the money back from the merchant itself. So that easy logic beyond it how those big merchandise work on money back garuntee.

Of course this is probable and I think it is possible in the near future. Bitcoin is very efficient in its operation and online transactions are more efficient. I hope this will come soon.
DARKANGEL6415

Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 07:15:14 PM

So first of retailers like ebay would not accept bitcoin in my opinion unless their company PayPal is going to profit in some way. Now i use sites like paxful to get stuff from like amazon. Other retailers like over stock.com and tigerdirect.com let you buy stuff directly from them. They ship out stuff asap only bad thing is if refund is needed they issue it via fiat in my experience.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
william8829

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:26:13 PM

I can understand making large purchases with Bitcoin(thousands of dollars range).  I do not see smaller purchases in Bitcoins future.  You would need a third party to handle volatility and reduce the price of transaction fees.  Adding a central authority to the blockchain defeats its main purpose.

But then again Bitcoin is still growing so maybe the community will vote to change its protocol and lower transaction fee and find a way to increase the speed to at least be comparable with credit card charges.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: