Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:06:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin work for online shopping?  (Read 3599 times)
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:19:23 PM

For me, yes some online shopping site is willing to accept bitcoin as payment. But most of the online site doesn't allow bitcoin as payment because of some reason. But if Amazon and another site accept bitcoin as a payment I’m sure that in the future they will accept it too, especially that bitcoins amount is increasing and the community of it is growing.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnrickdalaygon

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:20:36 PM

Some of the wallets accept bitcoin for online shopping, one of them are coins.ph but this are still on maintenance and they are working to add this feature. I've seen that coins.ph will be added good feature in field of online marketing, like buying a load to them if the load did not receive by the receiver coins.ph will return all of your payment.
ardhigalau

Activity: 316

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:28:40 PM

that's possible.. during the seller accept bitcoin as a payment methode and the seller have a good reputation they can refund your bitcoin when you can't receive the item.. don't worry

I agree with you, buying goods online to trusted sellers is one of the conditions for us to avoid fraud. But it's better to use real money instead of bitcoin.
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:17:36 AM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks

Hi there berluscoin! Payment processing of eBay and Amazon are only in a form of dollar. Customer with different currency tends to convert it first to dollar before the payment process goes thru. That could be the idea you are looking for, but as far as I know, company that will do or can do that conversion is still not in the list of eBay and Amazon. One thing that you could do is to directly communicate with the seller or buyer and look for a trusted escrow service that will do the job for you.  Wink

ARround Team

Activity: 538
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:23:55 AM

it can work through the platforms like ModulTrade is making, that are based on smart contracts, I think soon many online shops will have this option, but it can be also a big field for scummers, who can get money and disappear.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Overstock is accepting Bitcoin and McDonald on the list, as far I know.
josephinerosdy

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:34:26 AM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks
if you buy it pay with bitcoin directly peer to peer it is the same as a direct money transfer to the seller so it's not good. you still need escrow like ebay and amazon do to protect buyer money.
ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:27:19 PM

Thanks
This is a very serious problem if bitcoin wants to be used for large online stores. So to use bitcoin in a large online store transaction needed is first bitcoin receiver first before forwarded to the seller so that if the goods have been accepted by buyer then buyer will confirm to third party that is online store to send bitcoin to seller. This is almost the same as the passing of the bank but this will make it easier because we do not have to go to a bank or atm machine to make transactions.
Tatalk

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:23:36 PM

No not yet but it surely it would be in the future and would also be accepted by online shopping, there might be some questions regarding this whether the payment made is reversible or not in case the product is delivered or not, so just like other mode of transactions, BTC would also be reversed easily and in the future it would be use for everything, everywhere including online shopping, MacDonald every where because of its numerous benefits and huge craze of people for BTC

imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:31:21 PM

Wow its amazing to know that you have enough BTC to buy a boat online even though i knew that it is just an example. In my opinion that feature can only be done if the processor have a direct connection with the seller or in this case Amazon. Bitcoin on the other hand have no middle man which process the payment, even thought there are escrow, the reversal of funds is one of the limitation of the blockchain technology as even stated in the research paper of Satoshi.
GPU5970

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:32:43 PM

You should know that with the actual fees you can not buy little stuff. If you want to buy food as an example, the fees are going to eat everything that you buy (as an example)
but if you buy a smartphone or something expensive, yes, it is really worth it.

Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 04:33:40 PM

Yeah, it can be used for online shopping and I think open bazaar app is in way to use cryptocurrency for any item purchase.

Amazon also looking to incorporate cryptocurrencies as a payment in near future.

choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:36:27 PM

Bitcoin is actually the best for online shopping because the buyer can't just press "dispute" and you're going to have a complete loss of the product and the payment. I think the online shopping will work as how other online shopping works but it's going to have an on-site points. The points will only be added to the seller if he has sent a tracking number and the website has confirmed it. Maybe for even better security for both parties, only have the money be able for withdrawal once the shipping company or the courier company that the seller used has confirmed that the buyer has accepted the product.

I think that this would work well because people don't have to keep on sending bitcoins to another wallet whenever they have to make a transaction. They can simply send a lot of bitcoins to the website and spend those money instead of having to send a certain amount of bitcoin every time.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
samarahewasht

Activity: 260

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:41:10 PM

definitly yes ,No matter what you think about it, these days more retailers, restaurants, and online shopping portals have begun opening their doors to the previously-fringe payment method, but  do not work these transactions as regular credit card, but i think  it is   safe .it can work through the platforms like ModulTrade is making, that are based on smart contracts, I think soon many online shops will have this option, but it can be also a big field for scummers, who can get money and disappear.
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:41:50 PM

Bitcoin does work for online shopping yes. Expedia accepts BTC, Overstock, and there is even this site called Purse.io that allows you to buy things on Amazon at a discounted price with BTC.
Actually, bitcoin really work on online shopping because there are some online store who already start to accept bitcoin. On the other hand, I think it is quite convinient because you can pay your bills instantly and easily. As of now many online store keeps on accepting bitcoin because they know it is very valuable.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:56:25 AM

For me, yes some online shopping site is willing to accept bitcoin as payment. But most of the online site doesn't allow bitcoin as payment because of some reason. But if Amazon and another site accept bitcoin as a payment I’m sure that in the future they will accept it too, especially that bitcoins amount is increasing and the community of it is growing.  Smiley
Amazon is accepting bitcoin as payment and this is the benefits of bitcoin that its investors can buy each and every thing from amazon and sooner many other stores will also accept bitcoin to buy from them actually bitcoin is now famous all around the world and people are coming more toward it and online stores are also coming to the user trend because they know well that in future bitcoin will matter a lot.
CryptoMark2585

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:59:23 AM

There is good solution for online shoping by Bitcoin.
Before payment convert your Bitcoin to general money such skrill, Neteller etc.
heleng05

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:03:18 AM

I think it works in online shopping here in my country is more online shops here are accepting bitcoins and they seems comfortable in bitcoin that's why I'm happy with that way they made a good way of earning money.

gunhell16

Activity: 1694
Merit: 476

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:04:28 AM

that's a very good question, if I think it's really very good if it really works honestly and does not harm the consumer, but maybe it could be your return of bitcoin in return dollar currency if bitcoin value increases price.
bitcoin can be use online for purchase, as per this there is  a lot of ICO having a project using bitcoin and some coins to use for online shopping in a secure way, well bitcoin development is unstoppable which will really  improve the capability of this coin. bitcoin is all over the world and most merchants and business establishment specially online will grab the opportunity to use bitcoin and attract more customers.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

ezekhiele

Activity: 196

" As long as you love me"

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:22:16 AM

Well yes! because you can access bitcoin through online, so it is also used as online shopping. There are malls all over the world accept bitcoin as a payment, aside from that it is also used in all transactions, so these currency really work and accepted by malls or other company.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: