Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:45:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin work for online shopping?  (Read 3599 times)
kikay15

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:15:20 AM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks
Now a days we can used bitcoin for buying everything also paying bills. What more in online shopping we can also used it. Because their are some online shop that receive bitcoin.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
asdfbna

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:22:14 AM

This is possible, and Bitcoin is now getting more involved. The number of online shopping is increasing year by year, and the number of purchases is also increasing. Bitcoin to online shopping is a trend.
Larsius

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:26:42 AM

Everything can be done. Services like Amazon, Paypal, Ebay and others can make some changes. But that is not a major problem.
The main problem is if we start to use Bitcoin for buying and selling he couldn't keep up. Visa network is far bigger. So technically it would suffer.
Bitcoin and other crypto currencies need to develop more. But we are getting there.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:27:35 AM

More and more online shops are accepting bitcoin, situation was altered in the recent days, but it will become normal again and bitcoin will be acceptable again i think.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:43:51 AM

Yes, Bitcoin works for Online shopping, example, Overstock and some other websites. But you can always get a Bitcoin Debit Card and use that to purchase online. You can get any of these https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/7-different-bitcoin-debit-card-services-and-fees/

also, UK Fintech LBX to launch a Card that also supports Altcoins
https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/lbx-launching-bitcoin-visa-debit-card-with-support-for-altcoins/
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:52:50 AM

Yeah if you want to get a discount on Amazon you can use Bitcoin with Purse.io, there's also a Bitcoin Debit Card called Bitpay. Some retailers like Newegg.com outright accept Bitcoin as payment!

daniweb

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:59:14 AM

Good question. I bought online with bitcoin an helicopter with remote control for my child, few months ago. I received it and everything was ok. Maybe I wouldn't have the courage to spend more to buy a boat unless they give me a tracking number or something..
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:36:02 PM

When you buy something on eBay or Amazon, you pay the seller, he ships the product and upload a tracking number.
If you haven't received the item, you can call eBay or Amazon and, basically, what happens is that if they have a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered, then it is ok, otherwise eBay or Amazon reverses the transaction and you get your money back.
Is that possible with bitcoin? What if I buy a boat online for 2 bitcoins and I never receive it? Is bitcoin able to solve this problem?

Thanks

I don't think it possible since bitcoin is unstable, and can gives some non-profit to company. Just thought the item you bought from site is in 5$. Later you didn't receive your item company refund your money but at exact time the value of bitcoin decrease. The company can lose the money and no body want to lose in business. Bitcoin is risky and maybe it hard for these company to accept btc as payment method.
xitrum

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:50:30 PM

have. Only when I need the paper money I want to trade my bitcoin to spend in life. bitcoin converted to usd. But bitcoin can not exchange goods.

Queen077

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:20:59 PM

I here that Amazon accpt bitcoin payments. But I never try it and never use any purchases with bitcoin.
mikki14

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:41:22 PM

Thanks
In that case, bitcoin has nothing to do with your transaction if it's made online. But rest assured that the site will pay you back. They have the record if you have paid or not. And if they fail to deliver your order, it's between you and said sites wether you want them to pay you back in fiat or in cash.

johnlhy251

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:45:12 PM

yeah! there are lot of shopping sites that btc included as 1 payment
kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:53:24 PM

Yeah, I am using Bitcoin to shop for domains in Namecheap. Works like a charm, fees are a little bit right now, but for the purpose I am totally fine.

hacking13

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:57:21 PM

I believe if a site states that they accept Bitcoin as a means of payment then, they will have regulatories similar to other currency payment. That will make transactions safe and smooth for online shoppers.

I have had of succesful shoppers that paid with bitcoin and had their orders delivered to them
ross09

Activity: 202
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:12:41 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 01:29:15 AM by ross09

Bitcoin does work for online shopping yes. Expedia accepts BTC, Overstock, and there is even this site called Purse.io that allows you to buy things on Amazon at a discounted price with BTC.
Two of the country’s biggest names in e-commerce, Overstock.com and TigerDirect.com, earned themselves some press (and perhaps goodwill from the tech crowd) with their recent decisions to start accepting Bitcoin as payment.....Now, though, users of the controversial peer-to-peer digital system can spend their cryptocurrency in brick and mortar stores including Home Depot, CVS, Kmart and Sears as well as online at web retail granddaddy Amazon.com.“Bitcoin users don’t have as many places to spend as they might like, and many of them have made quite a bit of money in the past year,” he said, adding that the demographic likely to embrace peer-to-peer payment systems probably has a fair amount of disposable income to begin with....
akihiro101117

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:17:37 PM

I didn't try it yet, but  I think it is possible. Smiley In todays generation many people are using modern technology and many people are using online shopping. Maybe in other countries they can use it directly but in others you still need to convert btc to your own currency before you can buy online. I believe that in the future btc will be known around the world. And we can use it anytime because I believe that anything possible. Smiley

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
kelsyemrah

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:23:55 PM

yes it does work for online shoppin, to be on the safe side buyer first know if the seller accept bitcoin
strickland

Activity: 448

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:34:26 PM

yes it does work for online shoppin, to be on the safe side buyer first know if the seller accept bitcoin
With Bitcoin it makes it easier for the customer to engage with the store owner to know if they accept Bitcoin or not.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:42:15 PM

How could you ever use Bitcoin for online shopping when the fees of every transaction are now 20-30$ Huh Come on, you must be joking.
teejaymuna

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 09:46:53 PM

You may have to use a payment processor like Bitpay to ensure you do not loose your purchased property. You can't get your BTC back if your purchased goods do not get to you. An alternative is to do a peer to peer transaction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: