Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:50:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with mobile device  (Read 1514 times)
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 02:51:50 PM

No never because it can't be profitable at all.
It is totally depend upon the hardware of the particular device. mobile devices are made up for only simple use for mining we need Hardware that is made specifically for mining.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dejectedstream

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:54:16 PM

It is totally depend upon the hardware of the particular device. mobile devices are made up for only simple use for mining we need Hardware that is made specifically for mining.
I completely agree,  the only profitable miners are like computers.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:56:43 PM

Hell yeah, I mean who would mine in a mobile device that would never result to any amount of bitcoin due to it's low mining power. It hard enough already to earn bitcoin on a PC without the hardware required for it so how come a Mobile device can even do things like that.  It doesn't even support connecting hardware on it and there's no mining app that will give a good income for any mobile device.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 03:29:07 PM

In order to mine using your phone you need a phone with Octocore or greater chipset. But the thing is it will ruin your phone. Your phone might overheat as it uses a lot of memory and processor. It might end up destroying your own phone. And the price? I guess you will earn only a cent for a 3 days non stop mining. Its a waste of time.

Is mining with mobile device a profitable venture today? I read a bit about this and learned that Monero maybe worth mining. then there's Electroneum as well. I wanted to know from other's experience.

One might ask why spend on buying phones. Instead get a PC. Thing is I have few old phones that I can't sell, I want to see possibility of getting some cost back before giving/throwing them away
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:40:46 PM

I think this is a good idea at first, as mobile chips are already as powerful as computer makers, but there is a problem if you run it. With mobile devices, do you feel profitable after I calculated that I will lose money when investing in mobile devices because the device does not suffer from the heat of the CPU when the test. waterfall coin

Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:52:41 PM

It won't be profitable and efficient as what you think, even if you have sets of old phones at your disposal the power it has compared to a dedicated graphics card is very different. Also basing it on my experience I have tried to mine altcoins with 2 of my smart phones whom of which both didn't earn enough and it really maximizes your phones power as you will feel your phone rise up in terms of temperature so high that you wouldn't try it again as it will damage your phone. You will just waste your electricity charging your phones trying to mine altcoins with it.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
felipe04

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:59:53 PM

Is mining with mobile device a profitable venture today? I read a bit about this and learned that Monero maybe worth mining. then there's Electroneum as well. I wanted to know from other's experience.

One might ask why spend on buying phones. Instead get a PC. Thing is I have few old phones that I can't sell, I want to see possibility of getting some cost back before giving/throwing them away
yes we can earn here in bitcoin i experience a lot of mining like genesis mining and hashflare or in telegram bot there's a lot of legit and also scam site here in bitcoin world the best way to avoid scam or phsing site is to do not invest in their site and the free in their site are your investing tool because they can scam you if you do invest so better is the free first then invest if they have that
grumpylittlepoodle

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:01:21 PM

I think not, if upgraded computers are having a hard time mining the bitcoins then cellphone computers would not have a chance to mine them.

Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:04:58 PM

Actually, you can't do mining with you mobile devices or phone and I think mobile is not compatible on bitcoin mining. In addition to that, mobile phone or devices is useless things for mining and they can handle it well because it needs more energy and your mobile devices will get heat when you try to use it in mining and it may cause of explosion.
CryptoUser25

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:18:59 PM

You will destroy a lot of phones by mining with phones. You will have to wait for better phones with coolers. I think that phones will have a mini cooler in the future to keep the heat away.

If this will happen i think that everyone will try to mine it.
tuniscu

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:21:31 PM

I have searched a lot of things online to help my phone work and make money. But almost paid applications will catch us shopping, doing tasks, watching videos. download application. But there is no mining with mobile device
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:22:53 PM

Its not big but we can have profit coming from that but we need to study first their site for the safety of our money because some mining are going to scam after a few weeks or a month only so invest if you see the proof first then try it ,its risky but we can have profit try also in coinpot there's a mining in doge,litoshi and btc
w33man

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:23:12 PM

It’s actually legit. I am also doing mining on my own mobile device. It’s more convenient I think and I no longer need to buy or invest in expensive devices such as processors and cpus so I guess it’s good.
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:26:58 PM

That was too risky to do, mobile are not design for mining, no cooling system, and less hash power due to limitation on processor.

Let's say you can mine AltCoin, with very low difficulties setting, however for Bitcoin, it was mission impossible for now.

Perhaps we have to wait another 2 years for the innovation of Mobile phone for mining purposes.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
nareshrohra (OP)

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:28:04 PM

I think Samsung has already started mining with some of their old mobile phones, sort of doing re-cycling. But I don't know what much hash power it can produced though or it is profitable or not. They are just doing some experience to recycle old phones or course to become environment friendly. Monero has been breaking grounds with its browsing mining which turns out to be profitable. But mining with mobile phone, I haven't seen any reports yet.

EDIT: Here's the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2331426.0

That's really good. And to me it seems positive if they allow to update a lighter version of software that is optimised for mining, it may turn out good for mining some altcoins.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:31:29 PM

I don't see that mobile device is a good way for mining because Bitcoin mining is a serious business now and we should leave it for those who treat it in such way. Mining on a single Android device would take nearly 1+ year to generate the revenue of $10 to $100 so I would not recommend it.

However, there is a good news for you. There are some ongoing projects which might help you earn handsome profits by selling the SMS capacity of your device and network operator. However, everything is now in the beta phase and might take some more time to roll out.
Alok Yadav

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:11:59 PM

Friend, its utter waste to mine monero using your mobile phone. Because it will take years for you to mine one monero using that. For mining monero you should use your pc. But you can mine electroneum using your mobile phone. That's what the developers claim about it. Even its mobile wallet has got the mining feature in it. Its blockchain will go live from 1st November. After that you can try mining it with your mobile.

To mine 1 ethereum coin using the gpu of a 500$ nvidia GTX1080 graphics card it takes 2 months. The gtx1080 can crunch 2 roughly 25.000.000 hashes per second.

Sure, there are ethereum miners for android (look for minergate on google play).

Ethereum has been designed to make it impossible (at least… none succeded until now) to be mined using specialized hardware chips designed explicitly for the mining task, so the graphics card GPU miner, for ethereum is still the most powerful miner you can get.

For bitcoin this is not true: GPUs are outperformed (the same way a gpu outperforms a phone) by dedicated ASIC miners which are a thousand times faster than GPUs.

Now: both coins have in common that they automatically get more hard to be mined to compensate the introduction of more powerful hardware: there is a predetermined number of coins to be generated globally every day: you just get a slice of this pie and its size is proportional to the amount of computing power you can offer compared to the total amount provided by the rest of the world.

Miners are in a continuos competition one against the other in getting the most powerful hardware they can and the cheapest electricity bill.

Today it is practically impossible to mine bitcoins without using ASIC miners: it takes months to get one bitcoin using an ASIC miner, it takes decades using a GPU and well… a phone is as useful as a stone for mining bitcoin.

Moreover: keeping an ASIC miner running, today has electricity costs high enough to make it more convenient to simply buy bitcoins at the regular markst price, unless you live in a place where electricity costs are really low (read: China)… or unless you get your miner powered by solar panels. But you need hundreds of asic miners to get some serious money, today, and they aren't cheap.
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:15:06 PM

we  will see some old phones  samsung s5 it will be make a desing and system mine to some coins  but i dont know which coins maybe altcoins but it will be use old phones with a system Smiley everybody want to try
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:48:39 PM

Mining for any coins like btc that are heavily rely on CPU or GPU power is not a practical model on mobile, however there could be other intelligent way of mining, like play a game, watch an ad, a bit like, proof of attention or time.
Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:16:22 PM

if you will mine bitcoin , it's totally impossible , but alt coins like ( electrunem ) yes you can , but save your phone and buy ASIC or GPU it's better
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: