Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:36:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with mobile device  (Read 1514 times)
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:17:31 PM

Is mining with mobile device a profitable venture today? I read a bit about this and learned that Monero maybe worth mining. then there's Electroneum as well. I wanted to know from other's experience.

One might ask why spend on buying phones. Instead get a PC. Thing is I have few old phones that I can't sell, I want to see possibility of getting some cost back before giving/throwing them away

Definitely not with bitcoins for mobile phones. But with a PC? The chances are slim, but I guess mining with a PC is good enough than mining with an ant miner. But with alt coins, I guess the chances with a mobile phone is relatively high, your chances, however, is greater with a faucet.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoVance

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:20:39 PM

Altcoins mining is possible with mobile phones. I recently watched a video on YouTube where people are mining Altcoins with mobile phone using MinerGate app.
Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:25:16 PM

Mining with mobile device is not recommended. That just makes your device broke. Use mobile device just for trade or transfer only, and to manage your asset on crypto
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:34:27 PM

for me mining in smartphone (android phone) is not profitable, because i already try it and for 5 minutes my mining work my smarthpone is getting hot and it drain the battery so much, and my phone get freeze for a while, i dont know why it happens but maybe because the hardware of our smartphone is too low for mining

ahmadhidayat27

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:22:24 PM

I'm not suggesting you to mine ALT coins on Android. Because I've tried and proved it right away. You will only waste time and not get paid just the time and effort you have done. Even people who deliberately buy mining tools for thousands of dollars profit they get not so much. It's just my opinion and suggestion based on direct experience, it's up to you. Good luck!
drunkcoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:25:52 PM

I doubt that you can mine even small altcoins with smartphone, cuz mining requires dedicated graphics. Although newest iPhone X CPU is incredibly fast it doesn't have dedicated graphics as powerful as Nvidia GTX1080Ti.
rasmadisulaiman

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:35:22 PM

You could just use a mobile device to be a bitcoin miner. It's just that you need the skills to assemble some mobile devices for use as a mining machine like Samsung with 40 Samsung Galaxy S5.
You can see it here https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-bitcoin- mining-rig- 810977 /

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:41:45 PM

You could just use a mobile device to be a bitcoin miner. It's just that you need the skills to assemble some mobile devices for use as a mining machine like Samsung with 40 Samsung Galaxy S5.
You can see it here https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-bitcoin- mining-rig- 810977 /

And if you have all this wouldn't be better to buy mining rig rather then mine with cell phones no matter what the model is.
In this its better to invest in mining machine not to phones only waste of money invested.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀