Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:52:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum for Founders Only  (Read 1282 times)
Coinve.st (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

Coin ● https://coindefi.org

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 03:30:41 PM

Is anyone aware of a site or community that is dedicated to Founders of cryptocurrency startups / companies?
Berk

Activity: 99
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:54:42 PM

Is anyone aware of a site or community that is dedicated to Founders of cryptocurrency startups / companies?

Probably doesn't exist and if it did people would just be drowned out. The alt coin sub forum on this forum is probably the closest to what you are describing.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:11:18 PM

Apart from the alt coin sub forum mentioned above I can only think of TokenMarket.net, but that's more of an information aggregator with some social components and less of a community.

If you're interested in getting in touch with founders you will likely have to join the discord or slack channel of the respective projects or try to get ahold of them on twitter.
Coinve.st (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 04:41:43 PM

Yes.  I do agree with both of you... however, it would be great to be able to create a specific community around this.  One of Y Combinator's advantages is that every startup they accept into their program joins their network of founders.  Thus enabling founders to connect, network, share best practices, create partnerships, and help the community for the overall good for the industry.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:12:54 PM

Yes.  I do agree with both of you... however, it would be great to be able to create a specific community around this.  One of Y Combinator's advantages is that every startup they accept into their program joins their network of founders.  Thus enabling founders to connect, network, share best practices, create partnerships, and help the community for the overall good for the industry.

Y Combinator is a closed network though. At least I'm not aware of them running any public forums apart from Hacker News which isn't founder specific and more of a news aggregator.

Also note that Y Combinator is not simply offering a community for founders. They are venture capitalists that fund promising startups. Their main purpose is incubating fledgling companies by injecting cold, hard, cash. The community aspect is just a side-effect and a useful one at that.

If you want to connect to crypto startup founders your best shot right now is getting in touch directly or looking out for crypto related conferences around your area.
Coinve.st (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 05:35:34 PM

Y Combinator is a closed network though. At least I'm not aware of them running any public forums apart from Hacker News which isn't founder specific and more of a news aggregator.

Also note that Y Combinator is not simply offering a community for founders. They are venture capitalists that fund promising startups. Their main purpose is incubating fledgling companies by injecting cold, hard, cash. The community aspect is just a side-effect and a useful one at that.

If you want to connect to crypto startup founders your best shot right now is getting in touch directly or looking out for crypto related conferences around your area.

Right... I understand their business model and was just comparing them as a private community similar to their's could add a lot of value for the industry.
btcloi78

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:54:00 PM

No , if you want to release your own cryptocurrency you can post on altcoin.Altcoin is a place for all altcoins like bitcoin or ethereum tokens.
RosemaryNarrative

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

Narrative is the new Content Economy

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:21:20 PM

I agree, I think it would be great if there were a community for Founders to share ideas, best practices, etc. I was thinking about setting up a Twitter list at least, to try to keep track of other crypto founders there...

ZFXToken

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 02:37:08 PM

I'm sure there are private discord/slack channels. Don't have any off hand though.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:20:39 AM

Each ICO usually has its own website. The more successful ICOs will create their own forum. For example, Ethereum and Litecoin each have their own forum sites.

If you want to find a site dedicated to cryptocurrency startups you should google "the start up name + forum".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: