Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Mining - Legit or not?  (Read 868 times)
Bitcoincy (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 04:42:11 PM

I saw a YouTube video of someone using this site - https://www.genesis-mining.com

Then I thought it looked easy and fun. But I have never heard of this Cloud Mining, thing.
I know of big supercomputers to thousands and thousands of dollars, for mining cryptocurrency.
Or a very slow and "useless" process on your own laptop computer.

Is this legit? Is it worth it? Anyone here with a Genesis or any other similiar provider experience?

Pros and cons, etc... ?
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:27:01 AM

Genesis-mining seems to be legit, the questiin is only, how long. Hashflare was also legit but turned already paid lifetime contracts to one year. I think, you will have more profit, when you keep your Bitcoin and buy some altcoins and keep them. They will continue to rise because if upgoing acceptance.
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:32:53 AM

Genesis-mining seems to be legit, the questiin is only, how long. Hashflare was also legit but turned already paid lifetime contracts to one year. I think, you will have more profit, when you keep your Bitcoin and buy some altcoins and keep them. They will continue to rise because if upgoing acceptance.

There are some sites still paying on your investment but it will take lot of time to get returns on your investment. I think OP should shift from cloud mining to trading platform because you will make more money if you invest same amount in Bitcoin or altcoins.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:55:15 AM

Genesis Mining seems legit for now, as I've found good proof that they actually have a sort of like a GPU farm on a huge warehouse and not just make money through schemes like HYIPs. The only question is, is it profitable? I personally don't think so. The only reason you see YouTubers shill GenesisMining is just so you use their referral link.

If you really like to make money through mining, buy some good GPUs and or ASIC miners.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:52:39 AM

The only reason why Genesis Mining is still around is because of its size and new monthly inflows of contract buyers. Cloud mining sites and practically mostly all miners are breaking even because of BTC's rising difficulty. If the price of BTC stops going up but the difficulty keeps growing, Genesis Mining will incur losses and might also be forced to change their lifetime contracts to limited annual contracts.

Its better to invest in BTC from my perspective.
allcloudminers

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 05:47:56 AM

Genesis Mining is a legit cloud mining company. It´s probably the largest and most transparent cloud mining operator as well.

During 2017 it would have be a better investment to just hold Bitcoin. However, I think there is no investment form that actually was better than just hold Bitcoin during 2017.

Cloud Mining is a probably as best when the Bitcoin price is stable.

Read more about cloud mining reviews, ROI, payout chart and more at www.allcloudminers.com
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:07:56 AM

I saw a YouTube video of someone using this site - https://www.genesis-mining.com

Then I thought it looked easy and fun. But I have never heard of this Cloud Mining, thing.
I know of big supercomputers to thousands and thousands of dollars, for mining cryptocurrency.

Is this legit? Is it worth it? Anyone here with a Genesis or any other similiar provider experience?

Pros and cons, etc... ?
No cloud mining site will ever be termed as legit genesis mining has a shady past in terms of btc mining and other issues. People still invest no doubt about that but always invest what you can afford to lose.

Genesis Mining seems legit for now, as I've found good proof that they actually have a sort of like a GPU farm on a huge warehouse and not just make money through schemes like HYIPs. The only question is, is it profitable? I personally don't think so. The only reason you see YouTubers shill GenesisMining is just so you use their referral link.

If you really like to make money through mining, buy some good GPUs and or ASIC miners.
Another misconception do you have any proof that they actually have a huge farm you are just repeating what they have showed you. About profitability I'm not sure about btc mining but i did buy hashpower for alt mining and made 2x my investment till now (because price of alt increased).

The only reason why Genesis Mining is still around is because of its size and new monthly inflows of contract buyers. Cloud mining sites and practically mostly all miners are breaking even because of BTC's rising difficulty. If the price of BTC stops going up but the difficulty keeps growing, Genesis Mining will incur losses and might also be forced to change their lifetime contracts to limited annual contracts.

Its better to invest in BTC from my perspective.
Exactly they are most likely running a ponzi scheme you never know getting profit is assured from their site but 1 year just to get roi seems really high and not worth it.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:01:21 AM

Pros and cons, etc... ?
It is not a legit site, many people knows about the fact that the genesis already turned into the shady behavior in this time. as you can see in some recent articles about the genesis mining review. A lot of users of genesis mining itself gets a lot of problem with it. You will never meet your roi.
The real thing about genesis mining will never give a profit for your investment. They are taking your investment just a free loan and that gives you back again later. I meant about your first amount.
You will never meet your roi through invest in there and i reccomend you to stay away.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:06:19 AM

Genesis Mining has been around for a few years and is one of the legitimate ones, there have been some complaints which you will find in the forum but overall I think they do pay out, I had a contract with them last year and although it did go all the way to the end the ROI was tiny.
This was last year and a lot can change in that time and after seeing a couple of comments here it seems that they may have turned a bit sketchy.

If you are looking for a good profit cloud mining isn't really the best way to go about things, you will come across lots of cloud mining sites and they are notorious for being fake and will just take your money, there are only a couple which are legitimate but really you would be better off simply holding your bitcoin rather than using these sites.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:21:43 AM

Legit? Yes. Genesis mining has had some issues here and there but they've been doing business for years. You will have a huge mix of opinions about this by just searching on google.
Is it worth it? For me, no. It just takes too actually get a profit out of cloud mining.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:32:04 AM

I discourage the use of cloud mining, just because it's not profitable in the long term. Normally what happens is a few people start earning a steady income with the service and either the company runs away with the money or clients stop earning the money. You only have to look at the history of these things and they always turn out to be a scam or unsuccessful.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:34:21 AM

Pros ;
- You don't have to maintain mining machines
- You don't have to handle all noise problem and electricity bill

Cons;
- You will never own any mining rig/device in reality, if genesis mining will change their terms or get bankrupt you will get zero in your hand
- Most likely genesis is selling more mining power than they actually owns that make them just like another hyip/ponzi
- You will never have full control over device purchased through your money
- You have to pay higher rates for same mining power than what you could get by buying real mining device

One big con about every cloud mining site is that you can actually loss all you have invested overnight and you might have to wait for years to get your initial deposit back due to increasing mining difficulty. Personally I will never suggest anyone to invest in these likely ponzi schemes.  Grin
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:11:47 PM

ima using genesis ming now since 2 years and it got my ROI there.
iam also buying months a bit hashrate there.
you cna find many proofs of there minign in youtoube or google Wink
its legit until now Cheesy

kind regards
GetOutOfMyLife

Activity: 210
Merit: 110

Safein Community Manager

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:40:10 PM

Yes, how long and how to make profit with over 6 months to get return. Plus mining fee, electric daily fee. So why not invest to buy mining computer to do your self as China have many mining factory? Cloud mining almost scam soon or long Smiley.. I never believe in Cloud Mining, a long time a go i join cointellect and earn 32k doge at this site and i recognized that Cloud mining = HYIP

Safein              A REVOLUTIONARY WAY TO PAY ONLINE   ▶ ▶ ▶ ▶ ▶
[ Whitepaper ]         M A K E   I S I M P L E         [ Google Play ]
_____________________________________ FACEBOOK _______ TWITTER _______ TELEGRAM _____________________________________
jeniferqueen0409

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:50:36 PM

Pros and cons, etc... ?
It's not a scam, it's just not profitable. You're interested in cloud mining, but it looks like the first 8 months are just making your money back.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:55:29 PM

Pros and cons, etc... ?

Easy and fun? It isn't. Believe me. Genesis mining has been here since 2014 IIRC and they always paid, but that's not the problem. The problem is it's not worth it. Cloud mining is risky and it may be not profitable. Better hold your Bitcoin and wait for (hopefully) another steep rise. Holding Bitcoin in 2017 is probably the easiest money making experience that I had so far. Isn't it more easy and fun?

If you really want some thrill, go invest in some alts or do day trading on Bitcoin/top crypto like ETH.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:26:38 PM

kind regards

Can you explain more detail about your profit ? Share to us here perhaps ?
I'm kinda afraid if I must invest on cloud mining site because I'm ever got scam on the past.

Well I know that's the risk but I just want to prevent myself from same experience ,twice !

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:31:01 PM

kind regards

Can you explain more detail about your profit ? Share to us here perhaps ?
I'm kinda afraid if I must invest on cloud mining site because I'm ever got scam on the past.

Well I know that's the risk but I just want to prevent myself from same experience ,twice !

what can i say about payments ?
they are paying since they are online .
i got no delays .... currently is payout limit 150 000 Satoshi !
when i started on Gensis payout limit was 50 000 Satoshi and i got payed every day Cheesy
until now my bitocin contracs are open end .

kind regards
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:38:37 PM

Pros and cons, etc... ?

Easy and fun? It isn't. Believe me. Genesis mining has been here since 2014 IIRC and they always paid, but that's not the problem. The problem is it's not worth it. Cloud mining is risky and it may be not profitable. Better hold your Bitcoin and wait for (hopefully) another steep rise. Holding Bitcoin in 2017 is probably the easiest money making experience that I had so far. Isn't it more easy and fun?

If you really want some thrill, go invest in some alts or do day trading on Bitcoin/top crypto like ETH.

If they would always pay there wouldn't be so many people reviewing their services in a bad way. Haven't you read statements from people whose contracts were terminated due to unprofitability? Just use the search function and you'll find plenty.

They are doing good only because Bitcoin is doing good so they have enough to keep paying people.

Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:40:02 PM

Pros and cons, etc... ?
Genesis mining for now can be considered as legit since they are operating already for how many years and been used by some investors when it comes on cloud mining.Mining bitcoin or other coins would really be asic miners and pc or laptop mining isnt really possible nowadays since it would really need its own dedicated miner on that kind of stuff. Worth it? No it wont to invest some money on these cloud minings sites specially for long term basis profits will lesser as the time goes by which i would say it wont really be an ideal stuff.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████