Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:02:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long is the Bitcoin's life for you?  (Read 1625 times)
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:11:01 PM

For me bitcoin would last till some altcoin comes with the similar technology and it should also minimal malfunctions and additional authentications. As of now ,bitcoin  price is swinging high , we do not know whats the maximum price level its going to go and then become stable. Altcoins are also good for minimal investment and good short term returns, this is what i expect from altcoins. But we should be very careful while choosing the altcoin before any invesment done.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:33:16 PM

bitcoin has been around for nearly 9 years now and in this 9 years it has been open source and so far thousands of altcoins were created and at least a couple of hundreds of them were claiming to become bigger than bitcoin, beating it or replacing it. so far bitcoin has only been rising and getting more adopted while altcoins only see pumps and dumps! any new project that i see  these days is just a money machine for their developers to make money not actually create something of real use.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
pimvinken

Activity: 200
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:39:50 PM

bitcoin is a very powerful coin on the crypto market, it still effecting the world economy, so it will harder for us to forecast bitcoin's life, however i do believe bitcoin will survive for a very long time from now because it still very popular, and hardly be defeat by any altcoins, so it may take more than 10 year for bitcoin to survive on the market.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:42:18 PM

Can altcoins set up their own systems and beat bitcoins?

I never think that other altcoins beat bitcoin because as of now or until now bitcoin is the number one cryptocurrency in the world and leads to all of them so do you think one of the altcoins beat bitcoin? I dont think so i am one of the user in bitcoin and investor im so satisfied to there services and applicable all no one can beat bitcoin because they still number one
rayjellanajao

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Strategist

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 03:44:46 PM

I think bitcoin is unstoppable, many people use it almost in their daily life. Bitcoin will last until there's something better to replace it.
diagla

Activity: 161

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:49:57 PM

Bitcoin's life for me is everlasting as it is the closest thing we have ever come across when it comes to money. Since the network is voluntary, open source, and decentralized the sky is the limit with this money system as anyone can join, anyone can build on it to make it better, and nobody owns it or controls it. These qualities make it very desirable for long term storage of wealth.
smajler

Activity: 125
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:39:06 PM

In my opinion Bitcoin is like Gold so all altcoins they are based on price BTC.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
darkr

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:14:37 PM

Seeing the tendency that Bitcoin don't make any updates, don't improve the structure of your system it quite real that it step out leader position to some other currencies. For example it can be Ethereum or Ripple.
wwh

Activity: 160

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:30:59 PM

Nice question about Bitcoin's life. In my opinion Bitcoin will live very long until Satoshi Nakamoto decide to destroy it  Smiley
We live in very interesting world!
bob3772

Activity: 415

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:33:06 PM

In terms of bitcoin vs all alts then one day alts will have a superior market cap, in terms of bitcoin vs one specific alt then I think bitcoin will likely always reign supreme, at least for a further 5 years.

Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:18:28 PM

Bitcoin was built to be the predecessor, it was open source and Satoshi knew that there were functionalities that were flawed in the long run (transaction fees, transaction times, mining difficulties, etc.). I think that BTC will always remain as the head figure of crypto but the possibility will always remain.
yannick225

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:32:56 PM

For me the only coin who will be better than Bitcoin will be a coin create by a great company(Google,Amazon,Apple,...) or the government.
It's seem be weird but even if the purpose of Blockchain is to decentralize, folks will be more able to trust a coin who are regulate and this regulation is the solution.
Most of people only buy Bitcoin for profit, if crypto become mainstream someone who dont want to trade need something with less(or netheir) volatility and only a regulate crypto will be able to do that in one way or another.

The life of Bitcoin depend of the market but the succes story behind Bitcoin and all this mystery will permit at Bitcoin to stay for a few decade from now, in my opinion
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:36:37 PM

I don't think it will happen. Bitcoin might need to undergo several rounds of upgrades and forks and SegWit2x and many more but it will remain to be the force that it is right now, very strong and resilient. The core team may change one member after another but because it is Bitcoin, the one thing Satoshi Nakamoto founded together with Blockchain, it will remain to live for more than a century.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:22:18 AM

In these precise moments they are developing coins with more advanced codes than bitcoin, but I do not know if they can surpass it in popularity. Do not forget that the bitcoin as a pioneer was just the beginning, but everyone else has learned from the mistakes to implement many improvements, so I am not so sure that bitcoin will survive forever.
pairinpay

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:41:08 AM

Next time altcoins will defeat bitcoin, but that will take a very long time for altcoins to do that, altcoins have more potential to replace bitcoin in the future Grin.
IamHigh

Activity: 170

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:44:38 AM

Bitcoin's life for me is everlasting as it is the closest thing we have ever come across when it comes to money. Since the network is voluntary, open source, and decentralized the sky is the limit with this money system as anyone can join, anyone can build on it to make it better, and nobody owns it or controls it. These qualities make it very desirable for long term storage of wealth.

I totally agree with you, I also think it won't last soon and will survive because the trend for bitcoin is very positive and the adoption is getting higher and higher every single day. This makes it to live more than we can ever guess. At least, 20 or 30 years in total.
Tenderino

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:53:40 AM

If an altcoin sets up a good system and has millions to advertise it could surely catch up with bitcoin or probably even beat it but this is pure speculation and as did not happen so far it will likely also not happen in the future. The development is progressing and I think bitcoin needs improvements to survice the next decades and we also do not know what the banks plan to do to attack it. It remains exciting what the future will bring!  Smiley
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 840

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:02:07 AM

I don't think that a already established cryptocurrency specially bitcoin can be beaten or overtaken by any altcoins for now. Although there are really a lot of better coins out there like ETH, but since bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency to gain acceptance from investors, there is no way that it can be overtaken. However, if a new coins comes along in the next 5-10 years that have a significant followers and gain traction from the community, then bitcoin will lose it grip as the top cryptocurrency.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
moshk555

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:02:35 AM

For me bitcoin is the future and at this time I do not see any Altcoins taking the place of Bitcoin according to me bitcoin is the father of all the coins first bitcoin came and after that all these altcoins came so father will always remain the father and children's can not take the place of their father.
Timeclo

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:06:09 AM

I think Bitcoin will last a long time. The decentralized technology is what really drives it + the community and people tired of traditional financial system. Unless there are global regulation against bitcoin or major hack, my guess is it will go for at least 50 years.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: