Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:40:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets Create NEW ICO standards! | Ultimate thread  (Read 1398 times)
ap3311

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:33:59 PM

they must be absolutely reliable. The trickery that is full of lies should not work. true social media accounts and historical information. who are team members. I think it is necessary to know what they have done before and what they have done before. they have to be transparent about the prize. the award tokens that must be distributed must definitely be delivered to a separate escrow from the project. to keep their words and to know that everything is not just money. Sometimes just serving is enough.

⚫▶      BUILDERIUM 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Creating the future you desire, one bid at a time

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
YOUR RELIABLE PLATFORM FOR SKILLED &
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION CLIENTS & CONTRACTORS

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Whitepaper
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN AIRDROP

TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 07:22:11 PM

they must be absolutely reliable. The trickery that is full of lies should not work. true social media accounts and historical information. who are team members. I think it is necessary to know what they have done before and what they have done before. they have to be transparent about the prize. the award tokens that must be distributed must definitely be delivered to a separate escrow from the project. to keep their words and to know that everything is not just money. Sometimes just serving is enough.

The more information we get as investors the better

Positivebetting
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:37:47 PM

good luck OP lol

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 01:06:18 PM

good luck OP lol
What do you mean by this?

We WILL see more standards in the future, so regardless of people seeing this thread. More standards will come out that address the issues I have pointed out. You cant go forward with the current state of the whitepapers and ICO funding. I think we can all agree there is a huge problem will how information is relayed.

Positivebetting
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:20:10 PM

interesting poin of view  Roll Eyes
It is a good idea, the question is, who will grade the standard of ICO, if there is an independent organization that standardize ICO, I think it is cool , The organization verify the project, team and the liability of the ICO. The ICO should register to the organization then the certification is released that the ICO is legitimate and worth investing. The project should be real. The members of the organization should be independent in assesing the ICO. There will be worthy ICO after that, any ICOs that do not pass the certification of the organization will not be worth investing.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 01:55:30 PM

Full analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24c1Azp4238
Make sure to subscribe if you like the video! Smiley

SUMMARY :

In today's age we are now seeing crypto currency projects popping up like crazy, this is both good and bad. The really interesting reason ICO’s are so unique is that it is a way for people to fundraise a product/service without traditional standards. However if we want adoption and the scaling future most of us cryptocurrency enthusiasts users want, then we are going to need to make some standards to stop the ICO frenzy. It is no secret that 90% of the coins on the market is going to fail, just like traditional businesses today. Regulation can be very harmful to innovation and markets like we have seen in the past, however this is not going to be a harmful bar on crypto currency. With the knowledge that most of the coins and projects are going to fail, one might think that cryptocurrency is going down the wrong road. However good things can come from failing ICO’s. Its called a bubble burst, that is right Ethereum and other ICO’s are in a bubble. We need these ICO’s to fail in order to understand that we need a more reasonable financial funding standard. ICo’s are receiving too much money fast, and are over evaluated even in the initial funding phase. ICo’s are launching every single day, with less and less information yet are receiving more and more money! This is a huge problem, and a Coindesk study says that ICO’s in the month of September 2017 received a total of $500m. However not every single project is unreasonable, there are many exciting projects out today that are receiving less funding or not taking the coin offering route and are extremely promising however we don't hear about them because they aren't hyped. As investors we need to make smarter decisions with our precious coins, and hold these ICo’s to a brand new standard.

Do you think there should be more standards for whitepapers and ICO's? How do you think it is effecting the crypto currency community? Make sure to check my YouTube video to hear the full analysis.

ok i agree i will apply that standards

tell me what you want to have

regards

TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 02:45:04 PM

It is a good idea, the question is, who will grade the standard of ICO, if there is an independent organization that standardize ICO, I think it is cool , The organization verify the project, team and the liability of the ICO. The ICO should register to the organization then the certification is released that the ICO is legitimate and worth investing. The project should be real. The members of the organization should be independent in assesing the ICO. There will be worthy ICO after that, any ICOs that do not pass the certification of the organization will not be worth investing.

investors should be holding ICo's to a better standard. The market will create this standard when everyone gets burned investing in these ICO's. Hence a bubble will be bursting when everyone is pissed they invested so poorly. People will think "how come my investment in a product that didnt do any market research, no job descriptions and no MVP fail?" And then you will see more ICO's and projects that dont have tokens supplying better information and succeeding. Thats when ETH is going to pop off etc

Anyone can create a ICO, thats the problem. If companies can get money from investors without supplying information then we will see this ico frenzy continue. As investors we need to use our brains and stop investing and allowing the promotion of these stupid projects.

It doesnt matter if there is a organization or a company that assesses the ICo's. The investors who are investing are the real problems.

1% of ICO's on the market actually have good information.

ok i agree i will apply that standards

tell me what you want to have

regards

Are you saying you have a ICO and want to comply with the standards? If yes, then it means you have to watch my video and add the things I explain are absent.

Not sure what your asking though, feel free to PM me.

Positivebetting
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 06:38:57 PM

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Positivebetting
RADTEAM

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:33:03 PM

It gets much clearer if you rethink ICO in traditional business terms (debt, security, bonds, etc.). It is not only very refreshing but this is how regulators everywhere in the World see this. And tomorrow or next day they will come and ask questions.
Sphere_Official

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 11:25:23 PM

There is a simple answer to all of that. Going back to cash and gold seems to fit perfectly the needs for a regulated trade.

Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:06:07 AM

Full analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24c1Azp4238
Make sure to subscribe if you like the video! Smiley

SUMMARY :

In today's age we are now seeing crypto currency projects popping up like crazy, this is both good and bad. The really interesting reason ICO’s are so unique is that it is a way for people to fundraise a product/service without traditional standards. However if we want adoption and the scaling future most of us cryptocurrency enthusiasts users want, then we are going to need to make some standards to stop the ICO frenzy. It is no secret that 90% of the coins on the market is going to fail, just like traditional businesses today. Regulation can be very harmful to innovation and markets like we have seen in the past, however this is not going to be a harmful bar on crypto currency. With the knowledge that most of the coins and projects are going to fail, one might think that cryptocurrency is going down the wrong road. However good things can come from failing ICO’s. Its called a bubble burst, that is right Ethereum and other ICO’s are in a bubble. We need these ICO’s to fail in order to understand that we need a more reasonable financial funding standard. ICo’s are receiving too much money fast, and are over evaluated even in the initial funding phase. ICo’s are launching every single day, with less and less information yet are receiving more and more money! This is a huge problem, and a Coindesk study says that ICO’s in the month of September 2017 received a total of $500m. However not every single project is unreasonable, there are many exciting projects out today that are receiving less funding or not taking the coin offering route and are extremely promising however we don't hear about them because they aren't hyped. As investors we need to make smarter decisions with our precious coins, and hold these ICo’s to a brand new standard.

Do you think there should be more standards for whitepapers and ICO's? How do you think it is effecting the crypto currency community? Make sure to check my YouTube video to hear the full analysis.

This is a good analysis. I am sharing your views. I think we need to learn the hard and bitter way for us to finally realize that we really need to do something in order for ICO to survive. There are good projects and ICOs out there that will most probably succeed in their niche but the sad thing is that ICOs are now regarded generally as more of a scam. This is because of the so many scams using the ICO as a way to earn easy money. The people are gullible that's why there must be a standard so that there will be no more victims.
hgmarral

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:16:29 AM

I think those conducting ICO's have a social responsibility to lift the standards of ICO and be more accountable to their actions. If the industry wants to succeed it should be on the front foot with regulating itself and holding itself to a higher standard. Greater transparency and standards within the industry is definitely needed.

Unfortunately it will probably take a whole lot of people getting their fingers burnt with their investments to really have the incentive required for these changes to occur.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 04:20:50 PM

It gets much clearer if you rethink ICO in traditional business terms (debt, security, bonds, etc.). It is not only very refreshing but this is how regulators everywhere in the World see this. And tomorrow or next day they will come and ask questions.

Exactly so it is better we learn from past experiences and stop funding these ICO's.

This is a good analysis. I am sharing your views. I think we need to learn the hard and bitter way for us to finally realize that we really need to do something in order for ICO to survive. There are good projects and ICOs out there that will most probably succeed in their niche but the sad thing is that ICOs are now regarded generally as more of a scam. This is because of the so many scams using the ICO as a way to earn easy money. The people are gullible that's why there must be a standard so that there will be no more victims.

I think the best projects out right now, are the ones that dont have tokens. Lots of scams in the market right now, and with more standards we can start to ween them out although we cant get rid of them completely.

I think those conducting ICO's have a social responsibility to lift the standards of ICO and be more accountable to their actions. If the industry wants to succeed it should be on the front foot with regulating itself and holding itself to a higher standard. Greater transparency and standards within the industry is definitely needed.

Unfortunately it will probably take a whole lot of people getting their fingers burnt with their investments to really have the incentive required for these changes to occur.

Exactly, I am hoping more people see the need for change. It will all fix itself eventually because like you said, people will get burned. Then hopefully they will realize there is a need for change.

Positivebetting
JunoCoin

Activity: 64

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 04:47:09 PM

In 21st century we are already tired of standards and regulations and this explains the boom of the cryptos and ICOs. If you want standards and regulations you can go the traditional way which we have at present. You mentioned it in your last sentence "As investors we need to make smarter decisions with our precious coins".

rebelappliance

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:51:46 PM

I think it should be standart practice that funds unlock at milestones. For example 1/3 unlocked when BETA release, 1/3 when full platform release etc.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 03:49:40 PM

In 21st century we are already tired of standards and regulations and this explains the boom of the cryptos and ICOs. If you want standards and regulations you can go the traditional way which we have at present. You mentioned it in your last sentence "As investors we need to make smarter decisions with our precious coins".

Regulation and standards are 2 different things. Making standards is not restrictive to the ICO frenzy.

I think it should be standart practice that funds unlock at milestones. For example 1/3 unlocked when BETA release, 1/3 when full platform release etc.

That would certainly be nice

Positivebetting
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:57:36 PM

At the moment, ICO as many as they are is still better than your traditional IPO! In the traditional ipo and deriavatives, you can not know the inside secret and trading taking place because that system is not open. But in crypto furrency it is not so. Everything is in the open and you can dig out the minutest secret!
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 05:43:03 PM

At the moment, ICO as many as they are is still better than your traditional IPO! In the traditional ipo and deriavatives, you can not know the inside secret and trading taking place because that system is not open. But in crypto furrency it is not so. Everything is in the open and you can dig out the minutest secret!

What do you mean it is "better" than a traditional IPO. Are you talking about insider trading or what? I am very confused as to what you are even trying to say. I would stay away from trying to compare the stock market and the crypto currency market.

Positivebetting
cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:20:04 PM

Who should make these regulations? is there any team or people who can regulate ICOs? between nice point of view we really need to clear scam ICOs.

PandoraBounties

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:38:37 PM

I guess we are in a transition phase from the period when people would invest in ICOs just as ICO flippers (resell immediately for inflated price) and the period where people are discovering that if the project sucks, so does their investment.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: