Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:57:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are coins accepted by the Exodus wallet a safe(r) bet?  (Read 295 times)
Iamlegit4sure (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

💲

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:00:42 PM

Since the Exodus team studies and throughly evaluate the coin before accepting it in its wallet system, is it safe to assume that the coins lsited in the exodus wallet are stable and solid coins?
I mean, i don't have to research the coin history if the exodus team does it for me...

It won't list super new high risk / high reward coins, but i think that altcoins in exodus wallet are a safer bet than others and there are even some very young coins that could yield some surprises

cryptobaht

Activity: 77
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:10:40 PM

I don't think they are. I personally can't understand their criteria of choosing coins, they keep adding ICO tokens but don't list well established coins like Monero, for example.
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:37:56 PM

Exodus doesn’t have that many coins. There are more coins that are legit than those in the wallet. So if you’re only relying on Exodus for research you’re missing out potentially.  Also Exodus makes no claim these coins will be profitable. Dyor.
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:10:14 PM

I'd say no, Coinbase might be a better bet. But don't rely on a wallet for advice.

Campaign Manager (2018)
Iamlegit4sure (OP)

💲

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:27:26 AM

I don't think they are. I personally can't understand their criteria of choosing coins, they keep adding ICO tokens but don't list well established coins like Monero, for example.

Monero is planned. It s in their work road and. They have almost 10 more coins in beta right now. As for the exact criteria they are using to select coins, I don't know them

Iamlegit4sure (OP)

💲

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:28:55 AM

I'd say no, Coinbase might be a better bet. But don't rely on a wallet for advice.

Coinbase is too safe, 3 coins!

BountySoldier

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:59:51 AM

I like exodus either in design or coins. And I guess it's pretty safe. Much safer than in Market or etc.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:16:46 AM

There website used to say they only added top 25 coins, or some such thing. As far as I can tell, they are focused on "safer" and popular coins, but I think they also have added or are adding every ERC20 coin (if you looks at Eden, their Beta version of Exodus) that is supported by shapeshift, because those are apparently easy to add.  

They have basically have the top 6 coins (Ripple is available on Eden) and a bunch of popular ERC20 tokens.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:20:27 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 01:54:40 AM by HashFace

Monero is planned. It s in their work road and. They have almost 10 more coins in beta right now. As for the exact criteria they are using to select coins, I don't know them

The team gets asked all the time about Monero on their Slack Channel ... basically, they can't figure out how to add Monero without requiring downloading a full node, or some such thing.  I think Jaxx wallet is having the same problem.  They are working directly with the Monero team to find a solution, though.  
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:24:55 AM

I think it's safe but it's not the safest. Maybe you should also try others.

Geekphazm

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:32:24 AM

Don't trust exodus too much, you should do due dliligence first, not all are safe and reliable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: