Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:16:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What scares them the most?  (Read 1167 times)
Team Saske (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

https://goo.gl/ePsALC

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 10:25:16 PM

What are some of the reasons you've heard from people as to why they're afraid of cryptos?

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:31:10 PM

What are some of the reasons you've heard from people as to why they're afraid of cryptos?
The most common reason I hear from people I know that are scared of cryptos is that they are afraid to use it because they believe crypto is fake and is a dirty money used by hackers and people in the deepweb. Every time I try to defend bitcoin and explain to them that it isn't what they think it is, they just refute my reasoning with unreasonable logic and they tend to stick to their belief that crypto is dirty money. Well I hope they would realize soon that it is good.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:34:12 PM

Most people are just confused as to what it is, and how to purchase/use crypto.

bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:35:44 PM

It is too "technical" my girlfriend who use a computer for emails etc. (but she's not really tech savy) would be completely lost if she wanted to buy cryptos.
The other issue is the volatility. You buy a token today for a certain price and in the next week, your token might be +10% (or more) or -10%. Not everyone is into gambling.
Also Bitcoin as an example has been associated with hacking and money laundering too many times by too many medias. The reputation is not that good anymore.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:40:41 PM

You can see it in so many articles in the crypto related news site. As per the previous month just like Jamie Dimon's said that gives you an answer about the reason that makes people are scaring with crypto.
The possibility of the fraud system, Easy to run a Ponzi scheme or game just like bitconnect, and another technical reason just like a lot of phishing site from the hackers or if you're forgetting your key and you lost everything in crypto I meant about the private key.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:57:37 PM

How you need to be become a tech savvy because cryotocurrency are too dificult to understand. Some of my friends are also scared that they might be tagged as a criminal because they think cryptos are only used by malicious groups like hackers to ask for money with a ransomware, and drug dealers are using it because cryptos are untraceable.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
_Dawid_

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:12:28 PM

A lot of people afraid of change, bitcoin and the whole crypto are something really new what could scare current cash users.
Usually crypto is related with hackers, drug dealers etc. for newcomer who listen the TV or else media is must be very unpleasant experience.
The main reasons. Maybe the bitcoin price lately also.(bubble)
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:18:38 PM

The most common reason I think is that these are scams. The second is probably that cryptos have no real value. I have read a very professionally written post in an online news that cryptos have value only in the online world because they are online currencies. They do not know that these cryptos can be traded and converted into fiat to purchase the stuff that we need everyday. There is still a lot of education needed for people like these.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:30:41 PM

Your picture NOOB when they get it from the exchange you signed up at while checking if you paid you crypto taxes.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:49:40 PM

Probably people are afraid of cryptos because of one feature it has and that feature is anonymity. This one feature of cryptos are what makes some stay away from it, since it is easier to scam people when one is granted anonymity and it being paired with irreversible transaction makes it the perfect tool for scamming others. Another reason why people is afraid of bitcoin is the technicality of buying it and crypto's volatility, buying on an exchange would be hard for a person that is not immersed with technology.
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:06:40 AM

Bad publicity of financial institutes and low knoledge where the reasons, but it is turning right now, as Bitcoin has stable ups and cryptos get more and more acceptance by merchants.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:13:45 AM

Some of the people I know get scammed by those shit coins and ponzi schemes using digital currency like moonspace and the like. So, now, they are afraid to touch bitcoin or any cryptocurrency thinking it is just another scam or hyped digital currency. I cannot force them to use any crypto but it's their lost not mine.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:12:34 AM

Most of them scared because when you possess crypto you will be consider supporting terrorism and criminal and can be put in a prison, some of them scared becauae they thought bitcoin and other crypto is MLM, some of them scared because according to information crypto are ponzi and will run away with your money, there are so many negative rumors that stick in their minds so whatever we said wont affect them
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:56:51 AM

its a common knowledge for someones protecting their assets,and for more reason that scams and hacking now a days are rampant,,so we cant blame them for not easily believe crypto specially bitcoins.unless they would have some close friends or family that can prove the truthfullness of this community,and assure them of the profit they might get when they invest here.lets just put our selves unto then when we first heard about bitcoin.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:29:23 AM

The people that make their money doing certain things like to store their money somewhere or they want to spend it on something that they want.
The main reason why they are scared of making money with Cryptocurrency is because they know that they have a high chance of losing that money.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:48:01 AM

Most of the people are afraid of the highly volatile nature of crypto. The fear of loosing everything in one day makes them stay away from the crypto world.
The decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies is another factor why people hesitate to invest in cryptocurrencies. They believe that a thing not supported by government of the country will never survive in future.
Some people are also afraid of being scammed by some ponzi scheme or a shitty ICO as almost all ICOs are scam and it is very difficult to tell which project is legit and which is not.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:21:07 AM

Bad publicity of financial institutes and low knoledge where the reasons, but it is turning right now, as Bitcoin has stable ups and cryptos get more and more acceptance by merchants.

It's just Trolls tryin' to FUD your startup investments bro.. just HODL !

sofakingporkhunt

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:46:19 AM

The risk involved and the chance of losing money in the process. Most people I've discussed crypto with prefer security over risk
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:00:26 AM

Most of them scared because when you possess crypto you will be consider supporting terrorism and criminal and can be put in a prison, some of them scared becauae they thought bitcoin and other crypto is MLM, some of them scared because according to information crypto are ponzi and will run away with your money, there are so many negative rumors that stick in their minds so whatever we said wont affect them

I've had many people on the street tell me it's some kind of drugs and guns criminal online thingy.
And year by year the reputation just gets worse.
And with all this ICO crap now it's reached a whole new level of retarded.
You guys fucked up and blew any chance of this succeeding.
So enjoy the shitcoin chum change ROI's you got when no one was looking..
and you were not bust at TheTalk bad mouthing "the bad" ICO's.. which is ? The one you are not bag holding  Cheesy

For example.. major news sites posted about Monero Ransomware.

siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 07:00:31 AM

Adapting to the new change and that too related to money is what scares them the most. People aren't able to understand how money is actually created in crypto space. And the truth is most of us including me also don't understand. After all, we are fueling the crypto world with fiat only!! But other than that, the reasons are Govt. restrictions, having to learn new concepts (onboarding is difficult) and most importantly one after one many scams in the crypto world. Especially HYIPs, revshares, scam ICOs etc.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: