Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:35:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $50K bitcoin valuation share your thought  (Read 509 times)
fxbit (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:34:46 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2017, 10:44:56 PM by fxbit

This is excerpt from CNBC interview with  Ronnie Moas, founder and director of Standpoint Research

BTC

He said he expects the price of bitcoin to jump to $50,000, possibly within a decade and the market value could cross a trillion dollars.

"You have a supply-demand equation here that is mindboggling to me," Moas said. Bitcoin has a limited supply of 21 million tokens, which is expected to be reached only in the next century.

But Bitcoin's growing popularity and acceptance among users to carry out financial transactions could mean a wider adoption in the future — and greater demand for the cryptocurrency. According to Moas, in a few years, there could be about "200 million people around the world trying to get their hands on a few million bitcoin." That, he said, would drive the price to $50,000 per token.

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
1MGod1NYS3J8GULqdV67WCdiHVHa3Jts7N

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:43:57 PM

m/2017/10/24/bitcoin-market-cap-to-overtake-apple-in-five-years-analyst.html?recirc=taboolainternal]https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/24/bitcoin-market-cap-to-overtake-apple-in-five-years-analyst.html?recirc=taboolainternal

BTC

He said he expects the price of bitcoin to jump to $50,000, possibly within a decade and the market value could cross a trillion dollars.

"You have a supply-demand equation here that is mindboggling to me," Moas said. Bitcoin has a limited supply of 21 million tokens, which is expected to be reached only in the next century.

But Bitcoin's growing popularity and acceptance among users to carry out financial transactions could mean a wider adoption in the future — and greater demand for the cryptocurrency. According to Moas, in a few years, there could be about "200 million people around the world trying to get their hands on a few million bitcoin." That, he said, would drive the price to $50,000 per token.

50000$ is only possible after 3 years or later if mass adoption gonna to follow crypto uptrend. IMO price will stay in range of 5000-10000$ till end of first quarter of next year.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
foxbat

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:45:13 PM

https://[Suspicious link removed]/KEa5ta

BTC

the baseless words of the madmen, never believe in what he says. Do not believe in anyone, look at reality, the market is the only thing that will never lie to anyone. It will show us the value of bitcoin.
fxbit (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:47:40 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2017, 11:46:49 PM by fxbit

in just recent past 8 days BTC have increase in price almost $1000 that carry about $20 billion or around $2 billion per day

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
piccionipier

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:48:11 PM

But still nobody knows how much will be bitcoin worth in just a few days.. how did they predicted that it is going to be more than $50k dollars in just a decade?
I dont know, but i dont think that the price will be high as that, i mean, it is a very huge increase and it is almost more than 9 times from atm's price. But obviously that i would love to see that price under that range, but i dont see it possible at all.
fxbit (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:17:38 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2017, 11:52:54 PM by fxbit

BTC is traded 24/7/365 non stop, adding $2 billion perday into the valuation, its not far fetch to think that $50K/BTC valuation is reasonable

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

https://[Suspicious link removed]/KEa5ta

BTC

the baseless words of the madmen, never believe in what he says. Do not believe in anyone, look at reality, the market is the only thing that will never lie to anyone. It will show us the value of bitcoin.
"Baseless words"? Did you even read the post? There's a Cambridge study that backs his numbers up too.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:21:06 PM

i think most people who have been in the bitcoin scene for a couple years have come to this conclusion. he's right that the supply-demand equation is mind-boggling, which leads one to ask: how the hell does he come up with "$50,000 per token?" with the kind of demand he's referring to, we could be looking at six or even seven figures per BTC.

but nobody really knows. it's impossible to predict future demand. for all we know (as unlikely as it might be), some altcoin might emerge and overtake BTC in global demand. or basic protocol flaws being exposed could make its value plummet. who knows?

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:27:11 PM

Yes a lot of people are saying that the price will be more than 50 thousand dollars in a few years, but i dont think that it is possible.. i only see bitcoin going upto ten thousand, maybe fifteen, or maybe a little bit more, but 50 thousands... isn't it a little bit unreal?
but obviously that everybody would like to see it happening, just imagine how much our portfolio would be worth it bitcoin goes upto 50k. But i am satisfied with seeing bitcoin still at $6200.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

i think most people who have been in the bitcoin scene for a couple years have come to this conclusion. he's right that the supply-demand equation is mind-boggling, which leads one to ask: how the hell does he come up with "$50,000 per token?" with the kind of demand he's referring to, we could be looking at six or even seven figures per BTC.

but nobody really knows. it's impossible to predict future demand. for all we know (as unlikely as it might be), some altcoin might emerge and overtake BTC in global demand. or basic protocol flaws being exposed could bring make its value plummet. who knows?
A price of $50000 implies a market cap of roughly 850 Billion. Dividing by 200 Million people gives an average bag value of 4250 USD, or 0.1 Bitcoins per person.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:29:04 PM

Yes a lot of people are saying that the price will be more than 50 thousand dollars in a few years, but i dont think that it is possible.. i only see bitcoin going upto ten thousand, maybe fifteen, or maybe a little bit more, but 50 thousands... isn't it a little bit unreal?
but obviously that everybody would like to see it happening, just imagine how much our portfolio would be worth it bitcoin goes upto 50k. But i am satisfied with seeing bitcoin still at $6200.

No it's not unreal at all. There are multiple realistic scenarios in which Bitcoin can grow to anywhere from 20k to 100k quite easily within 10 to 15 years. A mix of multiple use cases could propel it even higher, but nobody knows what will really happen.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:43:32 PM

50000$ is only possible after 3 years or later if mass adoption gonna to follow crypto uptrend. IMO price will stay in range of 5000-10000$ till end of first quarter of next year.
I'd say it's possible, but probably not within 3 years.  More like this guy said, within
a decade or so.  And that's only if we're not currently in the end stage of a bubble.  That is
an ugly possibility that most of us aren't hoping for, but it could be the case.

If you strongly feel that bitcoin is headed to $50k within a few years, it would make sense
to go all-in, wouldn't it?  But the reason I haven't, and the reason why I don't own a lot
of bitcoin is because a big part of me doesn't think $50k is going to happen soon.  I'd
very much like to be wrong, but that's why I haven't sold the kids' toys and took out a
loan against the house.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:45:40 PM

People need to remember that the price is set by a microscopic number of coins available on a small number of exchanges. At any one time there'll probably only be a few tens of thousands of coins sat in order books. That being the case some genuinely stupid valuations could be reached with a relatively modest outlay.

And the higher the price gets the less enthusiastic sellers will become as long as they have no pressing needs. Demand is potentially not too far off infinite. Supply is painfully low.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:50:36 PM

People need to remember that the price is set by a microscopic number of coins available on a small number of exchanges. At any one time there'll probably only be a few tens of thousands of coins sat in order books. That being the case some genuinely stupid valuations could be reached with a relatively modest outlay.

And the higher the price gets the less enthusiastic sellers will become as long as they have no pressing needs. Demand is potentially not too far off infinite. Supply is painfully low.
This is a very important extra factor on top of the realistic scenarios that can elevate Bitcoin's value into the trillion dollar range. On top of speculation there are always tangible applications, such as processing payments, being the middleman between the fiat and altcoin world, possibly enabling trading of stocks against Bitcoin (and perhaps Ethereum) in the future, etc.

All these use cases alone could put Bitcoin towards a $1-10+ trillion valuation, without even taking the hysterical crypto community into account.
fxbit (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:58:23 PM

I cannot post the video link just google [CNBC interview with  Ronnie Moas $50000 bitcoin] he laid out how he come up with this valuation, that I think pretty reasonable given that all money market closed during end of week that could bring that money into BTC market, 2 days end of week trading can potentially bring $ 4 billion into BTC market, and out of other money market

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:12:28 AM

This is a very important extra factor on top of the realistic scenarios that can elevate Bitcoin's value into the trillion dollar range.

Also let us not forget that soon enough 80% of all coins that'll ever exist will be mined. Then it's 120 or more years for the remaining 20%.

All of those coins will have to prised out of an owner, not someone who has to get rid of them as fast as they mine them to pay their bills. That's an extra layer of friction for buyers.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:19:19 AM

This is a very important extra factor on top of the realistic scenarios that can elevate Bitcoin's value into the trillion dollar range.

Also let us not forget that soon enough 80% of all coins that'll ever exist will be mined. Then it's 120 or more years for the remaining 20%.

All of those coins will have to prised out of an owner, not someone who has to get rid of them as fast as they mine them to pay their bills. That's an extra layer of friction for buyers.
A lot of coins have also been permanently lost due to people losing their private keys. Although I don't think anybody knows how large that number is.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:19:50 AM

Keep your eye on Coinbase's account numbers (as a proxy metric for worldwide # users). Currently at 11.7M accounts.

When they hit 50M+ accounts, you'll have worldwide buy support for $50K/btc. I guesstimate we'll hit this in roughly 4-5 yrs (including a halving in 2020), in 3+ if we are really lucky with growth. Of course hashrate will need to follow suit with a roughly 8-10X increase from here. I'd also like to see the full node count grow considerably.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:22:04 AM

Keep your eye on Coinbase's account numbers (as a proxy metric for worldwide # users). Currently at 11.7M accounts.

When they hit 50M+ accounts, you'll have worldwide buy support for $50K/btc. I guesstimate we'll hit this in roughly 4-5 yrs (including a halving in 2020), in 3+ if we are really lucky with growth.
Thanks for bringing attention to this, I haven't been using that metric yet for some reason.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:25:20 AM

m/2017/10/24/bitcoin-market-cap-to-overtake-apple-in-five-years-analyst.html?recirc=taboolainternal]https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/24/bitcoin-market-cap-to-overtake-apple-in-five-years-analyst.html?recirc=taboolainternal

BTC

yeah , i think bitcoins price can take a long time to jump from a high price like the ones who mentioned by op and i believe it will only stay at 5000$ to 6000$ until the end of the month and the value will be stable to this range and after a few months staying this phase , bitcoin is now ready to move on to a next all time high although there were some factors that may affect its value like segwit and hard fork.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: