Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:43:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Senior Thesis  (Read 342 times)
nlewi96 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:35:26 AM

Hi y'all,

I'm a senior in college doing my thesis on the evolution of cryptocurrency and whether or not Bitcoin is a real currency. One thing that I think would really help my paper is talking to people who actually use bitcoin to get more of a personal touch/opinion rather than only what is said in the media. As a 21-year-old college student in upstate NY, not many people understand Bitcoin, let alone are they using it. So if anyone could help me by sharing why you initially bought bitcoin, how you use it (investment purposes or for everyday use), and anything else of that nature.

Thank you so much in advance!!
Natalia xx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:48:26 AM

Hi Natalia. Welcome to the wonderful world of cryptocurrency.

Personally, I use Bitcoins as a store of wealth. I only spend when I absolutely have to and I never spend more than 10% of my total. I don't live in a big city so I don't have anywhere local that I can seven my Bitcoins so if I need to use them it's online only or I have to sell them to spend fiat.

I didn't spend much on obtaining my Bitcoins so I can't say much in terms of why I bought them. I've just earned them from odd jobs over the years.

Is there anything else you're looking for other than why we first bought it and how we use it?
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:53:48 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 01:06:31 AM by monkeydominicorobin

Hi y'all,

I'm a senior in college doing my thesis on the evolution of cryptocurrency and whether or not Bitcoin is a real currency. One thing that I think would really help my paper is talking to people who actually use bitcoin to get more of a personal touch/opinion rather than only what is said in the media. As a 21-year-old college student in upstate NY, not many people understand Bitcoin, let alone are they using it. So if anyone could help me by sharing why you initially bought bitcoin, how you use it (investment purposes or for everyday use), and anything else of that nature.

Natalia xx

How we bought it? Most of the intelligent users of Bitcoin and even the early adopters knew that it is not suppose to be bought. Bitcoins are mined. Some even earned it through Bitcoin Faucets. Only the lazy ones are buying it. Why buy when you can mine.That should be your question? What is mining? Take for example the modus operandi of network administrators and systems administrators. They are mining bitcoins using the computer system of their stupid employers. They are earning more than everybody else in the company. Since Bitcoin is worth atleast 6,000 dollars. Nerds are money Kings.

nlewi96 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:19:58 AM

Thank you so much!! I guess I would also like to know what you think is the most common misconception about Bitcoin and if you think it has a future as a real currency.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:25:38 AM

Thank you so much!! I guess I would also like to know what you think is the most common misconception about Bitcoin and if you think it has a future as a real currency.

Pretty much anything you read in mainstream news is a misconception haha. "Normal" people use Bitcoin, not just criminals. When exchanges get hacked it's not a problem with Bitcoins, it's a problem with that exchange. Gold is a very poor comparison. Why anyone ever said it's digital gold is beyond me! I can't spend gold in any store anywhere is the world, I also can't break off a chunk of it and it'll still have the same value.
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:51:53 AM

Bitcoin is about taking control of your money. If you have Bitcoins and you are hoarding it. Nobody can take it away from you. Gold can be seized by the government. Bitcoin has no physical form. So seizing it is moronic. The Bitcoin Community seeks to supplant the deficiencies of Central Banking Cartel.It is not aspiring to become a real currency. It just serves those who know how to wield it without bias and partiality. It serves 24 hours a day everyday. No holidays. No Day off. No leave of absence. It doesn't ask for identification. It was built to process transaction with a public ledger that the whole system can see. 100% transparency. Unmatched.

imamimam1234

Activity: 316
Merit: 101

The Winner Stands Alone

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:45:27 AM

I bought it for gambling Smiley , but I was regret now after the price pumping. Maybe in the next, time I will gambling and saving it Smiley, good luck on your thesis.
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:52:52 AM

I will gladly help you with this, during college was able to do same research about bitcoin and crypto-currency apparently my professor denied my proposal for thesis. So I hope you will be able to finish it, back to the topic; I mainly use bitcoin back then to purchase some stuff in dark net then I made it as a payment to my own game server. At the current moment I just save bitcoins and try to do day trade when I have my free time. Good luck

Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:49:26 AM

Hi y'all,

Natalia xx
The main reason I initially bought bitcoin at first is for buying electronic devices online that I can't find here on local stores near me. As time pass by, I have bought bitcoin not just for the sake of buying electronic devices and goods but I use it to pay someone for their work and service. Commonly those services are tech related that cannot be easily found offline. I also buy some btc that I hold for investment but I rarely do so.
coinspam

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:56:30 AM

So if anyone could help me by sharing why you initially bought bitcoin, how you use it (investment purposes or for everyday use), and anything else of that nature.

Natalia xx
I bought Bitcoin because I want to make moolah. Use for investment only. Plain and simple Smiley
radonec

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:11:35 AM

Hi y'all,

Natalia xx
Most people use bitcoin to earn more money, even without working on their specialty. It's like playing roulette, it's clear that many do not even know, it's already proved not only in your country, but the forum says that a lot about technology is known. So think about whether you should invest.
frauswif

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 12:58:04 PM

I got into crypto just a few months ago. My first motivation was to make money but since then I have learned a great deal about the technology underlying it (blockchain). The crypto world is very complicated and it is important to understand the difference between coins like BTC and ETH and the multitude of new tokens being created right now (mostly through ICOs). I totally believe that blockchain technology is the future of economic transactions. It's a technology that will change human society, similar to the steam engine, the cotton gin, or the printing press. In contrast, most of the tokens that exist today probably won't be around in the future because they are typically based on a business model that tries to build something on the blockchain (gambling websites, new social media, etc.). However, some of these will last because they have a good idea with real world applicability that fits an existing need, like ripple. I could go on but that is my general view of crypto.
cryptonics_official

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:28:20 PM

Got into crypto about 3 years ago, studying computer science in college was probably a helping factor. The blockchain technology behind it is quite intriguing but in my opinion the ramifications it is going to have on society is far more interesting. Blockchain technology has the potential to completely disrupt many industry and weed out corruption to some degree. Say no more to fractional reserve banking
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:31:39 PM

I didn't actually brought bitcoin but rather earned it unlike any other people. As time goes by, the value of bitcoin in terms of fiat had risen which is actually a good thing so I decided to just withdraw what I need and save the rest in bitcoin. As it turns out, the price had increased dramatically which is a proof of patience and trust in bitcoin.
TheCryptKeepers

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:53:53 PM

I would love to read this once complete. Always interested in learning more from other people's research and perspectives.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: