Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:57:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEO's tech is better than that of ETH?  (Read 507 times)
xiaohang07 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:36:01 AM

The transaction throughput of NEO is measured up to about 10,000 tx per second. Right now the transaction throughput of NEO is said to be 1,000 per second. We all know that the transaction throughput of ETH is only 15 tx per second. Does it mean that NEO's tech is better than that of ETH?

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:03:24 AM

So big thing what's the use of transaction speed now all these are good for the future if any implications takes place for now eth works perfectly fine most required confirmations take 10 min max with fees of 0.003 eth. But you can consider neo to be next eth for sure.
It surely has a low volume and price factor but as time progresses it looks like a top 5 coin in future.
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:10:40 AM

I think NEO is still undervalued. ETH is good, but if Vitalik's team can not increase the throughput, NEO will eventually take away part of the market.
rafter_01

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 08:27:53 AM

Neo has awesome tech and is undervalued at the moment. It's a coin that is quite expensive to invest in at the moment but i believe this will feel cheap in the future when the price rockets.
Jeanrogerrabite

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:47:43 AM

I think 1000 tx/sec for neo is bullshit, during the first NEO ico, redpulse, many tx staid in pending during a very long time.
There is a big difference between therory and pratice and for me ETH seems stronger.

Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:54:12 AM

The transaction throughput of NEO is measured up to about 10,000 tx per second. Right now the transaction throughput of NEO is said to be 1,000 per second. We all know that the transaction throughput of ETH is only 15 tx per second. Does it mean that NEO's tech is better than that of ETH?

well NEO's tech surely is amazing and very useful for the crypto world. But the thing is, etherium is not at its place only because of speedy transactions. That is why i don't think that NEO will be replacing etherium that easy. At least not in anywhere near the next 5 years or so. NEO has great potential, but not isn't that great yet to be compared to erherium itlself. So...
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:00:00 AM

Speed wise yeah but ETH will always take benefit of first comer in the field of smart contract just like bitcoin. NEO is still sturgling to grab attention from projects so that it can be used for more ICOs while there are hundreds of ICO that gonna run over ETH in near future.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
invitro

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:01:51 AM

This is the good thing about crypto.

only the best tech will win
DaFingIs

Activity: 37
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:05:48 AM

I think that the future of Neo will heavily depend on the regulations set out by china in the near future. If they end up deciding, as many speculate they will, that Neo is their preferred platform for ICOs then I guess I'd expect Neo to match or possibly surpass Ethereum just down to the sheer size of the Chinese population. No company is going to want to shoot themselves in the foot and exclude a nation of over 1.3 billion from being able to invest in them. As well as the Chinese population you also have countries like Japan who would probably prefer an East Asian based company to handle their ICOs.

It's all goin to be very interesting when, and if, the PBOC release their stance on the situation.

GPLAY - 1# DECENTRALIZED P2P DIGITAL GAMING MARKETPLACE (https://gplaymarket.com)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:20:45 AM

Eth has its own advantages which you cant find on new neo technology. After latest fork ethereum transactions are more faster than before if you pay attention to block speed. Current neo price shows that it's price is undervalued.
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:21:45 AM

NEO's speed is awesome and will surely find its place at the right time, maybe when regulations are also laid by populous China. In a world where speed matters, expect NEO to soar or  dovetail ETH.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
razzbee

Activity: 182

Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:25:36 AM

Neo has it own advantages so as eth , you can judge eth only by the speed, I guess there are other factors
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:28:13 AM

Overall, this is yet to be proven. There hasn't been any dapps that is usable on any platform. All the programming in the blockchain did was an ICO and both platforms has varying difficulties processing it. There's a time that ETH network even stopped working and NEO transactions stucked, and has this recent downtime where there shouldn't be any, what more when these platform running full blown dapps? We should be able to see this unfold starting next year.
moontrain

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:30:30 AM

I feel i'm in a thread full of NEO hype cheerleaders. How is the "technology" better...please provide clear examples instead of fantasy, a lot of it just sounds like "configuration" not "tech".

kld_hp

Activity: 368

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:51:30 AM

There are many other coin that have very high tx / s but can not say it better than ETH. Technology is very old but prices are high.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:04:46 AM

We do also have to bear in mind that Ethereum has very strong developers and we are halfway to PoS now. ETH is certainly not standing still, and for the moment I think is a stronger bet than NEO.

HertzCoin

Activity: 239

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:08:14 AM

I suppose NEO is a really perspective coin and it is undervalued
but ETH is a very well-based and grounded coin
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:10:41 AM

Wow! that's huge difference when according to transaction rate for both of currency. Maybe NEO is the winner with this category but sort of a lot of features should be carried out to win over the other. For me, over all is Eth the winner and better than all crypto currencies because currency value matters. that's the thing.

imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:14:08 AM

I think that Eth will have a massive bump up when it fully implements its PoS protocol, it is getting there now and you're getting tokens like PoSToken popping up which will help.

It's hard to say which one is better, Neo is still in its early days and Ethereum is more established.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:20:25 AM

Well i mean yes in the aspect of transaction throughput. However if that is the only aspect that an altcoin is judged by to consider how successful or good it is then I'm sure that Steem/Bitshares/EOS or even IOTA would be winning the altcoin race right now.

ETH's got more market cap, more users using its ERC20 token platform to do ICOs, more smart contracts.

NEO still has lots of catching up to do.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: