Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:24:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherdelta unstable platform  (Read 1102 times)
R2-D2R2 (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:46:27 AM

I personally wouldn't recommend anyone use etherdelta if you using it for big amount of money use at your own risk, the site is extremely unstable, orders get stuck , sells gets stuck, buy orders get stuck and just vanish without a trace.... Nothing seem to ever work correctly. Owner of site has not fixed any of those issues. The platform is a traders nightmare...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:00:25 AM

I personally wouldn't recommend anyone use etherdelta if you using it for big amount of money use at your own risk, the site is extremely unstable, orders get stuck , sells gets stuck, buy orders get stuck and just vanish without a trace.... Nothing seem to ever work correctly. Owner of site has not fixed any of those issues. The platform is a traders nightmare...
Have tried to get some suggestion to use etherdeltaexchange site?I meant have you checked your gas amount? Does it reliable to make each transaction in etherdelta? And how long you are getting this problem?
Because the etherdelta is decentralized and the order list will be random. Someone be able to make very high price order and otherwise.
But i think that your problem was in your gas limit or amount. Have you tried to increase your gas before?
Please you can do that.
Lucky_U

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:46:55 AM

After ETH Byzantium hard fork Etherdelta works much better and faster. Try to increase gas limit.
Freddoe

Activity: 168

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:05:50 AM

Yes try to increase your gas limit. I had some problems with the site aswell but now I have increased the gas and everything works much better. The site is a bit slow but I think its because of the storm of new coins added on the exchange. Give it one more chance. I promiss that you will love the site.

A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:22:56 AM

I agree, the performance is just horrible. It seems to be better now, but it is probably the slowest web site I've ever seen.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:36:26 AM

Stick to the old ones like Polo, Trex, etc... 

Polo had its share of tough times but it has proven, time and time again, that it's still one of the best altcoin exchanges out there.  Lot's people claim that they were scammed, but they're coming from people who are new to crypto and got their withdrawals held simply due to technical difficulties.  It's just bad timing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:37:00 AM

The UX is not ideal, but let's be realistic. This is a decentralized exchange: you control all funds and trade P2P directly on the blockchain via smart contract. I hope that this will be smoother in the coming years with more sophisticated DEXs being developed. But for the number of markets that Etherdelta has, it's about as good as it gets right now. Crypto-bridge has a really nice interface but hardly any markets or liquidity.

Personally, I've never had any major issues. Sometimes orders never show up on the book and I have to resubmit them, and sometimes it helps to refresh to see current order book, but that's about it.

tukangkopi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:40:27 AM

etherdelta is a bad exchange, I traumatized trade there because their volume is very little and every coin that goes there it is certain the price will go down.
kamudd

Activity: 466

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:21:51 AM

I agree with you, I also very rarely use etherdelta for the reasons always get interrupted and unstable unless I do it just because I have to. a few days ago i also had problems when will do withdraw from etherdelta to mew.

n1drow

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:25:07 AM

I don't think that it is unstable.. sometimes it works very slow, but i don't have any problems, and i use it very often.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:28:08 AM

I also think there is lots of work to be still done on the platform but for normal trades platform work smoothly however you can't make fast trades like in other centralized trading platform there. Talking about orders getting vanished in middle might be something related to block numbers you can set when opening up the buy/sell order. After that block number orders automatically got erased so that traders will not loss much during high price volatility, it is like stop order.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Zakhal

Activity: 280

I love crypto

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:28:29 AM

After Byzantium update I have started to use it regulary. Its solid.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:32:01 AM

I've had problems logging in at times, and it certainly isn't the most user-friendly trading site... but sometimes it is necessary to use it to trade in the more obscure coins that aren't listed elsewhere. I don't think it's too bad, just not as easy to use as bittrex etc.

fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 11:40:24 AM

I use it very regularly, many times a week.

I am happy so far, I don't find it slow at all.
buddy56

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:43:35 AM

After ETH Byzantium hard fork Etherdelta works much better and faster. Try to increase gas limit.

Really will better ?
Joshua85

Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:48:36 AM

Etherdelta is realy the worst trade site, but if you want buy 'specified' coins you has to endure and be patient.
Lisk_beginner

Activity: 649
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:51:19 AM

With etherdelta, you could make easily an error when you buy or sell à coin
mikebizzy88

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:55:50 AM

There is for sure a learning curve using etherdelta. Once you figure it all out though it's not too bad. Increase the price and resubmit transaction again if it gets stuck. Just be careful and it works fine. I agree with others here too... Much faster after Byzantium update.
Maveth13

Merit: 112

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:56:57 AM

Never had a problem with etherdelta. Yes it gets slow a lot of times, guess you just have to increase that gas limit. With the huge amount of markets that etherdelta have, it still works good. If this is the only exchange where your coin is at now, then you just have to be patient.
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:04:44 PM

If you want to make instant order try to increase gas price per transaction. Otherwise "first come first serve" rule works on decentralised exchanges. Etherdelta is good exchange and smart traders can make decent profit there.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████