Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:17:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kansas Forbids Bitcoin for Politicians....  (Read 256 times)
CryptoDream2049 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:50:44 AM

Is this fair ? Kansas Governmental Ethics Commission (GEC) enforces campaign financing laws in the state. After a local politician asked the GEC for guidance on the issue last week, its new Executive Director announced that bitcoin is “too secretive” to permit Kansas office holders, potential and incumbent, to accept the world’s most popular cryptocurrency. 

This is so interesting as again we see crisis management .....
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:43:43 AM

They prohibit candidates running for office in state and local elections to accept Bitcoin donation because they cannot track how many Bitcoin are already donated to every single candidate and it can also use to bribe politicians, they also said that it risky to allow campaigns to accept bitcoin donations without standardized reporting procedures. I don't know how campaign donations in Kansas works and I doubt if they can implement this one, everyone can accept any amount of donations in Bitcoin without Governmental Ethics Commission knowing it.
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:55:38 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 04:35:09 AM by stealth.money

Kansas is a dumb racist redneck state and they want to keep it that way. Lying Trump know this and the reason he had pick a bunch of dumb royalty dogs to his cabinet from Kansas. I remembered a few years back an Indian immigrant outsider almost beat one of them. Now a bunch of outsider politicians want to run for office in Kansas. Remembered the racist opportunist Koch's is located in Wichita, Kansas.

yusuf98

Activity: 307
Merit: 119

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:31:33 AM

Happens again, this is not a fair matter or not. But in my opinion. there must be a system or institution or a team formed with the approval of altcoin users, to be a forum for verification of the ico to be held.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 04:39:17 AM

IMO, it is not fair to forbids someone on something but, its kinda dilemma on whether to allow Bitcoin to be traded/own by politicians.

Why? When something that does not has an intrinsic value that could massively grown by numbers of user. Certain people who like to Control it, especially the big one like Government, Authorities and etc.

It might has a drawback for people that has status to hold it imo
deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:01:25 AM

Is this fair ? Kansas Governmental Ethics Commission (GEC) enforces campaign financing laws in the state. After a local politician asked the GEC for guidance on the issue last week, its new Executive Director announced that bitcoin is “too secretive” to permit Kansas office holders, potential and incumbent, to accept the world’s most popular cryptocurrency. 

This is so interesting as again we see crisis management .....
absolutely unfair for all of people who hold bitcoin and who are invest in it. they so afraid with the development of cryptocurrency so they ban it and hoping people will stop buying. but i dont think so tht truely trader of crypto will stop. there is still internet so are bitcoin. someday this will be overcome i believe so.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
CryptoDream2049 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:11:18 AM

How is the fluctuations working in today"s market..Or do we have to wait for the launch to be launched to be able to monitor this ?
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:20:58 PM

For me this is fair, bitcoins are for everyone but in this case you will allot many time to invest more in this industry, if politicians will waste their time in earning bitcoins and joining to campaigns, their job as a politician will be less because bitcoining will eat their time, their job is to focus on their job not to find the alternative way on how to be rich. Kansas made a witty move their by not letting the politicians try and do bitcoins, i hope there is a heavier offense when some politician do bitcoin, their job is to improve the politics and the government not their lives only
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:25:09 PM

Bitcoin is not secretive as politicians and mainstream media would like us to believe. Fiat on the other hand is secretly spent and secretly stashed away in the name of aids, defence, budget etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: