Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:34:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I buy a Xbox One or PS4?  (Read 1068 times)
zakoliverz (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:50:37 PM

Should I buy a Xbox One  or PS4?
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:53:10 PM

I wouldn't touch the Xbox One if they paid me.

zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:57:54 PM

i just take 1 of my mining rigs ofline for a bit lol

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 02:32:14 PM

i just take 1 of my mining rigs ofline for a bit lol
That's what you should do too.

Ekaros

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:06:24 PM

No, get proper PC

Anything else?

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 03:17:45 PM

No, get proper PC

Anything else?
+1. I always thought that PC was much more optimal for serious gaming. Consoles always looked as if they didn't have enough power.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 03:25:59 PM

That's because they don't, or, even if they do, they get easily overtaken by PC components, PC's are great for gaming, the problem is the developers, they're that paranoid and insecure about filesharing they'll do anything to get their money including forcing gamers to connect to the internet just to play their games.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:00:34 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 09:02:00 PM by Este Nuno

I've never been one to blindly be a fanboy of any gaming company. I haven't even played a console in years. But just reading the recent news, I can't even imagine what argument someone would come up with for wanting to buy an Xbone over the PS4.
No 1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Ad Infinitum Et Ultra

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:43:59 PM

ps4!

man i know for a fact xbox one will make you angry lol. its like a big video camera on top of your tv.

12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
LcbBQ5oXtTjyKK4V8iaDqgUAAtahv9nsHR
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:36:06 PM

I wouldn't touch the Xbox One if they paid me.
+1
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:56:00 PM

Like what mike christ...said, wouldn't touch xbox if they paid me too. Did you know the microphone & camera have to be on? Bit of a privacy concern for me. Could be in my pants eating my cereal with them laughing at me....
pinger
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin - Resistance is futile

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:36:26 PM

That's because they don't, or, even if they do, they get easily overtaken by PC components, PC's are great for gaming, the problem is the developers, they're that paranoid and insecure about filesharing they'll do anything to get their money including forcing gamers to connect to the internet just to play their games.

Is not about that, but is really easier and cheaper to make a game for a specific hardware (aka console game), than test it on multiple hardware (aka PC) and it have also less piracy.

BTW I think is nice time to buy PS3, has to be cheap Wink

For rent
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:46:09 PM

Like what mike christ...said, wouldn't touch xbox if they paid me too. Did you know the microphone & camera have to be on? Bit of a privacy concern for me. Could be in my pants eating my cereal with them laughing at me....
Or worse...

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:45:25 AM

I would say neither.  Both Sony and Microsoft have shown their ineptitude at making innovative products.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:25:51 PM

I would say neither.  Both Sony and Microsoft have shown their ineptitude at making innovative products.
They simply try to aim at a bigger audience and because of that they take away a lot of the vital gaming features.

Galahad

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:59:48 PM

I'm sick of the major consoles. They only attract low risk games from giant companies. It's all first-person shooters because they'll always get their money back. Not to mention the ever present privacy threats from their proprietary system. The latest Xbox can monitor your heart beat now.. No thanks. Then xbox reduces the resale value of all games to "ZERO" and you have to have it connected to their server all the time for unknown reasons (monitoring probably). As someone said here, the mic and cameras have to be always on, scary..

So I became interested in the Ouya instead which promised something a bit different. At the moment it's no good and too early to tell whether it will improve but at least it was creative and interesting.

All of the media are still focused on "which one?" of these two consoles but I say neither.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:52:54 PM

I'm sick of the major consoles. They only attract low risk games from giant companies. It's all first-person shooters because they'll always get their money back. Not to mention the ever present privacy threats from their proprietary system. The latest Xbox can monitor your heart beat now.. No thanks. Then xbox reduces the resale value of all games to "ZERO" and you have to have it connected to their server all the time for unknown reasons (monitoring probably). As someone said here, the mic and cameras have to be always on, scary..

So I became interested in the Ouya instead which promised something a bit different. At the moment it's no good and too early to tell whether it will improve but at least it was creative and interesting.

All of the media are still focused on "which one?" of these two consoles but I say neither.

Almost reminds me of the presidential elections.

"This one...or that one..."

"What about neither?"

"What about shut up?"

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 02:14:07 PM

"What about neither?"

"What about shut up?"
Well there's always PC...

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:30:30 PM

Well there's always PC...

PC never gets elected Tongue  He's always the third party that smart people realize is infinitely better than the two competing consoles but there's nothing one could ever, ever, ever say to get the console fanboys and girls to break away from it and use the superior platform.  It's disturbing how intimate people get with the brand they choose; even in the light of the Xbox One, you have people who STILL want it, just because they've always gotten an Xbox and that's the one they're sticking with.  They're almost worse than republicans and democrats, who always vote for the same party, even if the candidate is terrible.

Galahad

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:31:40 PM

"What about neither?"

"What about shut up?"

Why are you telling me to shut up? I find you to be a particularly obnoxious person.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: