Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:24:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Initial Coin Offering(How to choose best ICO?)  (Read 538 times)
cryptotrader2015 (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 04:05:47 AM

How to choose best ICO?
Help me please. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:35:22 AM

Deciding the best ICO is actually not a single question, do you mean the best ICO from which you can get good ROI over the launch or very short term or your goal is to stay connected with the devs/project as a partner/investor over a long period of time.

In terms of delivery, allotment and project, I find "Kyber network" was one of the best ICO, in terms of real world problem solving Mavin Network is one which I consider is a great idea to make everyone an influencer to the promotion market.

If you are looking forward for upcoming ICOs which you want to invest in and can give you good returns, you have to look forward to the market sentiments, the team behind the project, the supporters, advisors, companies which support and back them up.

RPX (Red pulse Token) was a great example of how market sentiments affects/effects the success of an ICO.

If you can make your question more clear/precise, may be I can help you further! Smiley

Cheers!!
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:47:53 AM

How to choose best ICO?
For me, if I were to choose in ICOs, I go check the whitepaper of that ICO. In the whitepaper you can see their roadmap, their whole project and the worth of their token so that you can ready your funds. And also I will check the current status of their project. Those people invested and such. It's better to look at those.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
chiggz

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:55:06 AM

I normally check social media and news to see if theres mention of the ICO somewhere. Also see who are the investors and what background they have. Read the whitepaper to check if its something breakthrough. A lot of scam ICO's are on the run. Its looks very tempting to invest in those but it looks to good to be true.
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:30:26 AM

How to choose best ICO?
this is my criteria for choosing an ico :
1. The project must have the product already working.
2. The project is supported by a team of developers and advisory team who have a clean and good track record.
3. The project has a detailed whitepaper.
4. Long-term plan.
ArtPt

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:39:27 AM

There are lots of reasonable criterias. My biggest one - is to scroll through the website of project and if something looks bad (even in small details) - just skip that project. Everything should be perfect. And since then, like people said before,, right, spend some time to investigate project team, goals, roadmap, and social medias about project. Again, in case of any doubt - skip project. There are hell lots of them anyway.
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:47:25 AM

I think it is important to read through the whitepaper. Scam projects usually have flaws in there. Just try your best to read through the whole whitepaper. If it made sense to you; just as a check drop the team a question on their communication channels. if they responded and with logical answers that is consistent with their whitepaper that means they actually wrote it and know what it entails and probably know how to do it..

nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:55:01 AM

How to choose best ICO?

Most of us will give the same advice, see their whitepaper ( roadmap, concept, dev team ), price coin and exchange. Until now only that answer we have and become main action to decides the best ICO. I think you should creates some another opinion, such as how good they handle customers problem during ICO? or how realistic their ICO target?. From there you can decides where is the best. I can say just keep follow and practice because experience will give you the right answer you needed. Good luck.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
n4poleon

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:56:01 AM

If you don't know what to do, it's probably best to stay away from it else prepare your self to be in a better position to do an informed decision, instead of plebing around bitcointalk. I've been a while in the space and I've never seen a promising ICO, however some projects are but unfortunately they found a way for the system not to work without a token. A nauseous way to do business.  
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:57:51 AM

Reading only whitepaper is not efficient.first go through members profile then their experience in related field.then their project uniqueness and their advisory board.their popularity and community support can make changes.
momopi

Activity: 501
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:09:46 AM

This have been asked for so many times. Anyway, there are lot of ways on how to choose good ICO. One is of course, do a research to company you are looking for. Try to check their background and members of the project. Second is the community, how active they are and how transparent they are to their campaign.
sky24

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:36:00 AM

How to choose best ICO?

Choosing an ICO is all about how much you know. Researching ICOs is a fundamental process in investing. Always look at what is backing the coin and the business behind it. A good example of this is Propthereum.io. They are an asset backed coin and if you do your research you will see that they are expecting a 1566% coin appreciation in a short period of time. If you are looking to invest in an ICO they are definitely worth checking out. 
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:40:37 AM

How to choose best ICO?
The popular suggestion that I'm reading on social media with this type of question is this, DYOR.

It means that you have to "Do your own research." Road map, white paper, developers and other important details about that ICO must be transparent.

If you are just going to join ICOs for profit then a wise decision I've read last time is to depend on the name of the ICO that is tagging themselves to bitcoin and ETH.
indr01

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:46:01 AM

Do your research, review their whitepaper, and look into their news.
There are many ICOs but only few ICOs are qualified and has competent advisors backed them.

Check this out : Pundi X
https://pundix.com/

They got Mr Lon Wong (President of NEM) and David Lee Kuo Chuen(Professor of Quantitative Finance. ZCash, Qtum, TenX, InfoCorp and OmiseGo investor) as their Angel Investor.
And great advisors such as Miko Matsumura (Pantera Capital, Evercoin) and David Ben Kay (Former founding member of Ethereum Foundation)

Reached Pre ICO target 14,000 ETH and ICO will starts on Nov 20.

Dont miss the shot Smiley

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper     Twitter     Facebook     Telegram     Medium     Youtube
bristlefront

Activity: 225

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:01:53 AM

You can find good rating ICOs in icobench.com . It is a website where you can see the ICOs are worth to invest with. Also, decrease the chance to get scammed. A good ICO comes with a good review. Try find some in that website and think whether it is worth or not.

i-synthestech

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:23:53 AM

Now it is a rather complicated question.
I personally is a member of a team of one upcomming nice ICO
but I am not sure if I can announce it
Munz77

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:27:43 AM

Good luck finding one where the “team” arn’t eastern bloc mobsters/fraudsters.
Krissmak

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:46:46 PM

IMO - I think you should look at the following:

1) Whitepaper
2) Team
3) Product (Alpha, beta, mvp)
4) Community Interaction / following / awareness
5) Telegram / social media channels. Get involved and ask questions.

For the above, I prefer to use TokenSchedule tokenschedule.com It one-click presentation and the above can be executed perfectly.

You should take a look at CommerceBlock Token - (CBT) -  I have put some helpful information about the project below, http://www.tokenschedule.com/commerceblock-token/

Description:

CommerceBlock has a suite of tools for both end users and engineers to construct and manage smart contracts with escrow and complex trade flows. Our clients will have access to protocols that use advanced cryptography such as zero knowledge proofs and homomorphic encryption. We have architected our platform to avoid being a central point of failure: all sensitive trade details and customer funds are managed on the client side.
mbolaji2

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:47:45 PM

Many ICO are scam
Franko30

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:26:10 PM

There are many points of good ICO. But to check almost all of them you need to spend a lot of time and have patience. The most important thing is to be sure that ICO is not scam. To be honest you never can be sure in 100%, because sometimes ppl spend millions dollars to achieve more. And their ico looks good enough to investors. My list:
1. Looks at the team, each members play role. Discover their background, education, professional skills. Members should have prefect reputations.
2. White paper - the main document of ICO. There you should find all details about development and implementing stage of project, description of idea and all ways to use product, amount of money step by step.
3. Web-site, social support in all resources that you can find.
4. Good but not necessary to have a demo version of your product.
5. Bounty campaign and promo activities should take not more than 10% of all tokens, in my own opinion
6. Road map with understandable and real stages.
Due to this reasons i choose Confideal. There ICO will start in 2 days. Please take a look - https://confideal.io/
How to choose best ICO?
Please, if you are newbie spend a month at least to understand all what happened here. Read forums, articles, web-site with ICO rating, reviews.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: