Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:06:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinTalk.org Notifications NOT WORKING?  (Read 532 times)
SergiuHD (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 07:19:03 AM

Hello,

I hit the notify button on the Altcoins Token announcements and Bounty announcements. But I have a little doubt it notifies me correctly because, eventhough there are new announcements made, I don't get notified about all of them. Just some, and some days, I get no notifications, eventhough there have been some posts made. What's going on?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zokizuan

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:10:26 AM

I too had the issue I guess,
It notifies me once in a while

But I think there would have been more bounties then it notifies me
Aventhe

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:00:46 AM

Hello,

I hit the notify button on the Altcoins Token announcements and Bounty announcements. But I have a little doubt it notifies me correctly because, eventhough there are new announcements made, I don't get notified about all of them. Just some, and some days, I get no notifications, eventhough there have been some posts made. What's going on?

I too get a similar issue, though I am not sure if I can call it an issue or not. I have notifications on for a few of my threads and others too. Sometimes e-mails are instant and I can see the second a post is made. On the other-hand sometimes I get emails a few minutes or not at all. Also, some replies do not trigger the notifications, meaning I get no emails, once again...
Lykslyks

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:25:46 PM

Hello,

You need to open your email account that you used here in bitcoin forum in order to receive notifications. I don't have problems receiving notifications, (i'm using yahoo email) my account is always open in an app so that i will receive notifications if ever i want to be notified from some post or if i want to see new messages that is sent to me.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:07:27 AM

Hello,

You need to open your email account that you used here in bitcoin forum in order to receive notifications. I don't have problems receiving notifications, (i'm using yahoo email) my account is always open in an app so that i will receive notifications if ever i want to be notified from some post or if i want to see new messages that is sent to me.

You need to open your email account that you used here in bitcoin forum in order to receive notifications.
i believe op has already done this and i also done this , im using a gmail in my case but still i dont recive some new notifications about new topics/threads that has been created mostly in bounty altcoins and in gambling games and rounds sections. although i recive the notifications properly on the services section.  yet  im starting to think that it was actually a bug?
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 05:10:06 AM

You would continue receiving the email notifications until you are are active on the particular board.

Here is the quote from the notification emails :

"More topics may be posted, but you won't receive more email notifications until you return to the board and read some of them."

tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:44:56 PM

Anybody experiencing problems with notifications lately (again) ?  Huh

Got quite some topics on my notification list, but since a few days I only receive notifications every once in a while, although there have been new posts in these topics.

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:59:02 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 04:10:11 PM by wacko

Yep, looks like something's broken, I was receiving notifications just fine, but then for the last couple of days they all suddenly stopped. Went into my accounts settings, and there's an envelope icon saying:

"You aren't receiving notifications on any boards right now.

To request notifications from a specific board, click the "notify" button in the index of that board."

Went through all the topics in the list, clicked "notify" (2 times each, cause first click leads to "unsubscribe", since I actually was subscribed to all those threads) on each of them, but that envelope icon is still there. Logged out, logged in, no change. Went through the same routine twice, but still no change.

Maybe it's related to the recent problems with the forum, when it was lagging hard? Admins might've changed something in that period, and that, in turn, lead to this bug?

Edit: Right after posting this I went to my notifications settings in the profile and this topic isn't even in the list there (and I do have "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic" checked in my profile).
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 04:21:31 PM

Hello,

Indeed something is broken with the notifications system,
Since few days I'm not receiving e-mails with notifications about new PMs.

Best wishes.
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:27:24 PM

I am glad, I am not the only one who faces these problems Grin Thing is, I get some (few) notifications, but I can see no pattern.
I get notified for a new post in a specific topic, but then again I get no notifications when there are new posts again. Then I get notification for a topic where a whole bunch of new posts have been made. It's just random.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 01:15:36 AM

I am glad, I am not the only one who faces these problems Grin Thing is, I get some (few) notifications, but I can see no pattern.
I get notified for a new post in a specific topic, but then again I get no notifications when there are new posts again. Then I get notification for a topic where a whole bunch of new posts have been made. It's just random.

Hey,

What is about my problem seems to be solved - I'm receiving notifications about new PMs again and I think there is a chance the error was on the e-mail provider side - not Bitcointalk.org scripts.

Did you check the subfolders of your mailbox?
You describe the problem which seems to be similar to the one which has been reported in the past by several users.
In some reported cases e-mails with notifications were automatically moved to mailbox subfolders: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212818.0;prev_next=next

it's worth checking out Smiley

Best wishes.
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:21:54 AM

Well, thanks for coming back to me. It's getting better now, I am receiving (some more) notifications recently again, so I don't think it has something to do with my mail account, but rather with some forum issue. But will check the mailbox just to be sure.

I even received a notification that you posted something here Grin

Thx.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: