Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:47:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sponsored Competition/Lottery - does that already exist?  (Read 201 times)
Oxyartes (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:33:57 AM

You all know the competitions of "real" brick&mortar businesses: You give your name and address to a Company, they do a lottery with that names and the people can win prizes. So the people can win stuff without stake and the company has their address.

In the internet world this (so far) doesn't work, because people don't trust the companies to do a fair lottery. But with the blockchain this should be possible. Does this already exist? You might say a faucet is similar, but at a faucet people can profit several times.

The service should look like this: A company that does an ICO or needs PR for other reasons sponsors let say 1000$. People can sign up with their E-Mail and at a certain time the blockchain chooses one or several e-mails that win. This E-Mail addresses can claim the prizes.

Does this exist already?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:33:06 AM

I don't know anything like that right now. Just to make sure I understood it well, you don't pay for the raffle, you just give out your email address, is that it? This way, companies that are sponsoring the raffle will probably use the email given to sent out information about their products.

I think I would be ok in participating in a lottery like that, but are there companies interested in that? People can just create emails for that lottery, and never use them again. If the site had a lot of traffic and companies had their banners there, I would understand why they would consider sponsoring the website, but just to get an email address that will probably be created just for that purpose I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also what would prevent people from creating hundreds of email addresses to participate in the lottery?

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:37:57 AM

I don't know anything like that right now. Just to make sure I understood it well, you don't pay for the raffle, you just give out your email address, is that it? This way, companies that are sponsoring the raffle will probably use the email given to sent out information about their products.

I think I would be ok in participating in a lottery like that, but are there companies interested in that? People can just create emails for that lottery, and never use them again. If the site had a lot of traffic and companies had their banners there, I would understand why they would consider sponsoring the website, but just to get an email address that will probably be created just for that purpose I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also what would prevent people from creating hundreds of email addresses to participate in the lottery?

I don't know if we have anything similiar here either.

Most likely if you sell your info, you will not actually win any prices. Unless its something very small value.

Most likely all those lotteries are rigged, especially if they are free. Basically "friend of a friend" usually ends up winning the jackpots who is related to the lottery owner.

I know they do something similiar maybe in Mexico or other tourist destinations with time-shares. You go to a seminar, and they put you in some "magic lottery". You rarely win anything and the point was to get you to buy the timeshare.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Oxyartes (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:52:31 AM

It's a risk that people only create an E-Mail to participate in that lottery, but you can't take part with one of that "one-way" addresses, you have to claim your prize from that address. And the prices will not be that high that it's worth to create dozens of real E-Mail addresses.

It would be interesting for ICOs maybe.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:20:37 AM

It's a risk that people only create an E-Mail to participate in that lottery, but you can't take part with one of that "one-way" addresses, you have to claim your prize from that address. And the prices will not be that high that it's worth to create dozens of real E-Mail addresses.

It would be interesting for ICOs maybe.

The thing is, people here in the crypto world, value their identities. They would not freely just share their information on their identities just like that. Because there is a high chance that their identities would be used for malicious intentions. I guess, it would be a good concept, but usually lotteries don't really get enough attention in the crypto gambling world since the prizes are pretty small, comparing it to how much they could win on the real world lotteries.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: