Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:16:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Bitcoin will be sustainable through the registration of the people?  (Read 343 times)
lhadygreen (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:14:39 AM

Most of the members encourage people, mostly the teenagers to join or register
to bitcoin. So, meaning to say, the more members to join/register, the longer the bitcoin will be sustained.
Is this true?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:30:35 AM

what do you mean with "registration"?
You just don't register to bitcoin, you register on a forum maybe to support the BTC and the community.
Community has a big impact on the bitcoin life because through our support we keep alive this philosophy, a coin without community support it's just another crap coin created to pump and dump to gain some money; there were tons of altcoin who lasted like 2 months and we all know how it went from the creation to the death of the coin.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:42:42 AM

The answer is no, when you are looking for sustainability you are expecting for is to be on one position having many people use and buy Bitcoin will create growth which is different for sustainability. But realistically being a decentralized currency broke this rules as even right now Bitcoin is getting popular it still goes down a lot as many people especially the big traders are taking profit from Bitcoin. We cannot expect Bitcoin to be sustainable in the long term as no government is controlling it.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:31:26 AM

If you mean people will need to register their wallets to use bitcoin, then it won't be sustainable. No one would appreciate having all their transactions be public.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:33:40 AM

If you mean people will need to register their wallets to use bitcoin, then it won't be sustainable. No one would appreciate having all their transactions be public.

that actually would destroy the foundation of this philosophy, anonymity then the next step what would be? a centralised bank for the transaction?
That's not a good idea at all.
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:35:52 AM

Bitcoin is based on the simple laws of supply and demand. If there are more people willing to buy the price goes up. If there are more people willing to sell the price goes down. The price goes up and down to reach an equilibrium with the supply and demand. This is no different than a stock.

If you are really trying to ask if bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme and that the people who invest in the end lose, well no. Bitcoin has value and isn't based on more people joining. There is trade between bitcoin and actual world goods. It is also the only currency that has a fixed supply.

Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:39:25 AM

If come on sustainability of bitcoin it cannot define because of decentralization of it. Meaning no one can control bitcoin as long as the demand and supply is concern. The sustainability comes when someone control or gather people to buy bitcoin to create growth within. In reality bitcoin cannot sustain of anyone because it is scattered on different investors, ICO and countries have interest within.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:54:16 AM

The question of sustainability is tough. I am convinced that due to the characteristics of bitcoins themselves, the sustainability is ensured. We should all wish to use only a money that cannot be fake by large powerful institutions for the own benefit.

However, it is hard to say if the sustainability is ensured by the number of people registered. Indeed, creating an account and leaving there some 0.00… bitcoin is not truly a way of being actve in the community.  Undecided

If you want to make other people discover bitcoin, you should go with them throughout all the process, making them more and more involved (and aware that everything is not gold!). I had to discover the bitcoin world on my own and this was not an easy process (though it was quite long ago)!  Wink

meomeo7

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:54:36 AM

Virtual cash flow 'attack' Vietnamese investors with super-profits
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 12:05:57 PM

to bitcoin. So, meaning to say, the more members to join/register, the longer the bitcoin will be sustained.
Is this true?

no, because first of all what you say doesn't make much sense. there is no "join/register to bitcoin"! people get involved or invest or start using bitcoin!

and that is not what "sustains" bitcoin. more people coming in, aka more adoption means price going up, more utilities for example,... but bitcoin will be sustained without new people coming in. it will survive and even continue to rise as those already in will buy more because they know bitcoin is very scarce.

--looking for signature--
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:29:24 PM

Is this true?
Your post doesn't actually makes any sense. There is no registration needed to use bitcoin. You just need money in order to invest money into BTC and buy some coins. The Bitcoin community is large and the people who hold it knows the real value of BTC. Obviously an asset will be more strong if there is growth in it. Bitcoin will then obviously be more sustainable if there are more number of people joining the community and supporting the coin. Bitcoin has already gained a huge support by wide number of population and whether or not more people join the community the growth of BTC is a sure thing.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:32:08 PM

Is this true?
yes of course, as more people use bitcoin or register bitcoin it will not rule out there will be many people who will defend bitcoin. obviously because bitcoin is very beneficial for many people and bitcoin is also a very good and good investment way.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:34:39 PM

Is this true?
yes absolutely it can no one will waste their time if this things is not legit.  So they are good people  i mean not selfish they share their knowledge and blessings  to other So that they can help also To other people bcauase it can sustain also in other needs by joining or registering  here in forum. Like we say sharing is caring.
lhadygreen (OP)

Activity: 99

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:20:47 AM

what do you mean with "registration"?
You just don't register to bitcoin, you register on a forum maybe to support the BTC and the community.
Community has a big impact on the bitcoin life because through our support we keep alive this philosophy, a coin without community support it's just another crap coin created to pump and dump to gain some money; there were tons of altcoin who lasted like 2 months and we all know how it went from the creation to the death of the coin.

Oh I see. thank you for the info.
I just thought that registration is a bit part of it.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:22:54 AM

I'm a bit confused with what you're talking about here, but I'll try to answer it, no one can be sure how long Bitcoin will keep standing but if more people involved in Bitcoin it will only affect the health of the market, not extend the life of Bitcoin.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:32:28 AM

Is this true?

I don't think that encouraging others to join Bitcoin has something to do for it to survive. We encourage people to invest in Bitcoin because we want to share the opportunity to them. Another thing is to increase the demand which will lead to price increase. It has nothing to do with sustaining Bitcoin.
pootutus

Activity: 156

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:37:03 AM

Only the bitcoin community has developed and the community has been perfected, can we promote the combination of bitcoin and more practical projects, so as to make bitcoin development. It doesn't make any sense to simply persuade young people to register.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:01:02 AM

all transactions are already public, its just that not every transaction is instantly linkable to irl identities given address inputs and outputs, unless those addresses are already known to belong to certain individuals. however, i don't see why you think this alone would cause bitcoin to collapse. i just don't see how you can make that jump in logic there. of course no one would like it, but i don't see how that would cause an instant collapse in the use of bitcoin.

I'm a bit confused with what you're talking about here, but I'll try to answer it, no one can be sure how long Bitcoin will keep standing but if more people involved in Bitcoin it will only affect the health of the market, not extend the life of Bitcoin.
not exactly, the more people are involved, the more likely it is that there will be more core nodes running, which actually strengthen the security of the bitcoin network (this is a fact), so yes, it actually does benefit bitcoin, which improves bitcoin's survivability.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:13:02 AM

the more people start buying bitcoin the higher the price will go and that means i am not going to be able to buy as much bitcoin as i want to have before the real exploding rise happens.
so i usually not-encourage people to invest in bitcoin. and i mostly warn them that it is very risky and they should not invest. ... more for me.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:31:06 AM

Is this true?

I don't think that encouraging others to join Bitcoin has something to do for it to survive. We encourage people to invest in Bitcoin because we want to share the opportunity to them. Another thing is to increase the demand which will lead to price increase. It has nothing to do with sustaining Bitcoin.

We should make it clear that joining this forum of bitcointalk is different from joining bitcoin investment or mining. I  don't thi nk increasing the number of forum members has any direct impact on the sustainability of bitcoin as that will be determined by the demand and supply of the coins and largely to do with the investors or miners and not commentators on this  forum.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: