Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:27:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nova Exchange is Closing  (Read 4059 times)
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:12:03 AM

I have some coins at nova so downloading every wallet, sync it and moving the coin will be such a chore. Seems like i have to sell some and just keep the good one. It's a big blow to the emerging coins because nova is one of the best exchange for them to start.

Lol I am having the same issue. I had some Rupee on Nova but lucky for me the price has exploded so will just sell it. The rest I will have to download the wallet and start syncing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:42:43 AM

Thats not a good news at all. I mean if that happens then it will affect the bitcoin market in very negative ways. Because same thing happened with china, only it was on mass scale with two to three major exchangers getting closed. Many users lost the investment and also there was impact on the prices of bitcoin market. We saw that everything was crazy red in that period and somehow the bitcoin dropped to 3000 USD and below. I mean that will repeat again if the nova is holding enough volume of bitcoin in the form of alt coin and plain bitcoin itself.

Have you guys though of that? I mean investor will look at this as god opportunity because many bitcoin will be dumped in the market and the rates will fall due to extra supply of bitcoin. This is good period to buy more coins for investors. Just speculating the good and bad though.

Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:47:45 AM

Although this nova exchange site speculations is not yet confirmed but I don't think that'll happen to most struggling coin exchange agents.
Bitcoin would save them from financial instability and I guess it's time for them to look good investors while it's not too late.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:18:59 AM

Well i've heard some people say that some coins that are only listed on nova are getting dumped like crazy. This should prove to be a great buying opportunity if you believe in these coins being listed on another altcoin exchange later, even if it's yobit or whatever.

New owner there hmmmmm

Is Novaexchange not making a good profit?

They hav around $2M trading volume every 24 hour

Anyhow wish them good luck tho!

Considering all the promotion and salaries that they have to pay, that's not a whole lot.
Mascrypto

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 09:54:37 AM

This is bad news. Nova was a good exchange crypto.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:57:12 AM

Nova was build for shitcoins and now they are shutting down. I was waiting yobit to close first but looks like they are still happy with shitcoins.
anyways i just withdrawn my bitcoins from novaexchange and there was no problem.
Thanks to nova for being fair.
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:00:01 AM

I received email from novaexchange about that I though it just fake email from scammer.  Cheesy
novaexchange is my first exchanger when I newbie in crypto so I hope new owner make novaexchange more good than before.
feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:01:10 AM

The signs are there. Winter is coming for all exchanges. The government is taking over and setting a new rules. I will not deposit my bitcoin on any centralized exchange. We need more of dex. And in particular, we need dex for bitcoin trading.

feya

Activity: 364
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:02:23 AM

The signs are there. Winter is coming for all exchanges. The government is taking over and setting a new rules. I will not deposit my bitcoin on any centralized exchange. We need more of dex. And in particular, we need dex for bitcoin trading.
I also believe that the future is behind decentralized exchanges. I do not consider them uncomfortable or ugly. To understand the principle of their work is not difficult. I like their idea.

John Langut

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:35:15 AM

I also believe that the future is behind decentralized exchanges. I do not consider them uncomfortable or ugly. To understand the principle of their work is not difficult. I like their idea.

Are decentralized exchanges not vulnerable to the whims of the development team?

And is it possible for governments to close down decentralized exchanges?
derekis126

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:44:30 AM

Thanks for sharing the news for us, nova exchange for shutting down is bad news for altcoin traders. We should withdraw the fund before they shut down. Nova exchange is not very popular, they may make money very hard so they have to shut down the exchange.
aroweyen

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:56:06 AM

This is sad, novaexchange is one of my favorite exchanges. No hassle and more secure than other shady exchanges. I hope the new novaexchange will be better, wishing them good luck.
BobBoulder

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:18:39 PM

This news yesterday had a huge effect on prices. Many have started to panic and to sell/dump their coins.
I unfortunately was not able to take this opportunity because the site was too busy and I could not logged and to have a good connection.
I'm sorry the exchange will be closed because I think that NOVA was a good start for the tokens that are in developing stage. All in all, there are still a few months to the closing.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:28:31 PM

From what I heard, Nova Exchange will have a new owner by April 2018 and no new registrations will be accepted starting October 30 and by November 30 nova exchange will disable deposits. Trading will stop by end of February 2018. Funds must be moved until April 01 2018 or else those that are left in Nova Exchange will be considered a property of Nova Exchange. I'm still skeptic with that information that was shared to me.
GoodHabit

Activity: 165
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:49:11 PM

Lol from China. It's from Sweden, and owner states it's very well on the website, just read it, instead of being ignorant, and provocative.

Sweden en was what I thougt as well, but the E-Mail says TANZANIA and if you search Google for Nova technology and Tanzania, it finds a page that clearly states the same (our servers are in) and this already in 2015
spov

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:09:33 PM

This was the only exchange for many coins. They will face a difficult situation now and finding a new exchange will become an important priority. Panic sells for coins exclusively on Nova has already happened.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:17:56 PM

Too bad about the novaexchange closing down (glad we god notice though!), where are we all going to buy our sh*tcoins now Grin

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
rafajunior99

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 06:46:05 PM

Although this nova exchange site speculations is not yet confirmed but I don't think that'll happen to most struggling coin exchange agents.
Bitcoin would save them from financial instability and I guess it's time for them to look good investors while it's not too late.

Maybe only time can answer all that, because I think everything has happened and they have sent an email to everyone who has listed on their exchanges, so let them solve this problem to the new owner.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:54:49 PM

I personally I have always liked nova because you could trade some rare coins and it was always stable , didin't have a problem. However after what I have read a new board is coming so it's just gonna be a change of the exchange and it will take some months.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
numiv

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:09:05 PM

yes i was personally using, but its not good i have good number of coin in NOVA, but its strange that suddenly they announce they are closing down, i did not understand why new ownership want remove all members,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: