Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:12:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, i'm a not so newbie  (Read 632 times)
curveball (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:03:23 PM

my name is Curveball. IRL i am a bank teller(the irony right?). i got interested in bitcoin a few months ago and its been a mostly positive experience. Until i fell for an asic scam, and the scammers used my private info to scam me out of my hard earned(and bought) bitcoins. just a heads up to people do not fall for these scams. they will get your private info for shipping and use it to extort you. i went ahead and paid the "ransom" and they have left me alone, but the thought of knowing someone out there with my personal information is quiet disheartening . Still, i won't let this deter me from bitcoin. i'm just giving you the heads up, cause once you get caught in a web with a scammer who has your personal information, the only thing you can do is pay the ransom or ignore them risking they steal your identity. Be careful you guys.

curve
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:08:53 PM

Laffo. Hey, it's a BASICasic sockpuppet.  Cheesy

So, tell me, who are these guys you owe money to? Russians, Italians, I mean, hell they've got you pretty damn well spooked alright.
curveball (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:10:47 PM

Laffo. Hey, it's a BASICasic sockpuppet.  Cheesy

So, tell me, who are these guys you owe money to? Russians, Italians, I mean, hell they've got you pretty damn well spooked alright.

i don't know who they are and i don't wanna find out either
BTCTalkAccounts

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:27:17 PM

LOL! This is so full of fail!
jacktarli

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:01:34 PM

what do you mean by personal information, name, address?
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:23:07 PM

Are you referring to this thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=231878.0

If so, you win today's Darwin Award. Congrats.

Next time... do your due diligence before sending personal info to people.

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
PeterB

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 08:04:27 PM

Which company?

Mine bitcoins with you mind!  Play poker at Seals with Clubs!  Now with mixed games, stud games, and multiple variants of OFC!  These games are not offered on any other bitcoin poker site!  Sign up with me, PeterB, as your referral and I can help you with eBooks, strategy and more!  PM me for more details.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 01:56:16 AM

my name is Curveball. IRL i am a bank teller(the irony right?). i got interested in bitcoin a few months ago and its been a mostly positive experience. Until i fell for an asic scam, and the scammers used my private info to scam me out of my hard earned(and bought) bitcoins. just a heads up to people do not fall for these scams. they will get your private info for shipping and use it to extort you. i went ahead and paid the "ransom" and they have left me alone, but the thought of knowing someone out there with my personal information is quiet disheartening . Still, i won't let this deter me from bitcoin. i'm just giving you the heads up, cause once you get caught in a web with a scammer who has your personal information, the only thing you can do is pay the ransom or ignore them risking they steal your identity. Be careful you guys.

curve

Can you post the transaction code?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
winner999

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:06:25 AM

hello
DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:37:49 AM

Hi, Thanks for the info.

PinkTen

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:59:05 AM

Well you better be careful here then, some people here are pretty cunning when it comes to scamming.
airtreb

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:12:00 AM

why i can post here and on the other topic i cant
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:27:04 AM

why i can post here and on the other topic i cant

Because this is part of the "Newbie" section.

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
tstang

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:59:19 AM

Hi Curveball,

Can you please explain more details how they extort you? By just having your personal details?

Name? Address? Telephone number?

I don't really understand how the scam work, but really want to understand it.

Thanks.
jacktarli

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:04:47 AM

Hi Curveball,

Can you please explain more details how they extort you? By just having your personal details?

Name? Address? Telephone number?

I don't really understand how the scam work, but really want to understand it.

Thanks.
Yeah so you can use it to scam others, nice try  Grin
crazynoggin

Activity: 176

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:21:10 AM

I suggest you still report them, http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Use my referral link if you want: https://primedice.com/?ref=Crazynoggin
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:31:09 AM

curve
So you paid them to delete your personal data, obviously without any proof they actually did delete it?

Not very well played, if I may...

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 01:20:50 PM

curve
So you paid them to delete your personal data, obviously without any proof they actually did delete it?

Not very well played, if I may...

If that's true than it should be kind of embarrassing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: