Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:10:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investment strategy. Help  (Read 339 times)
diabloykiss (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:20:29 PM

Hello everyone,
being reading about criptos for a while now. Just accepting the guys who are now starting investing are a bit out of the BTC train, was trying to figure out another strategy, always with buy&hold in mind, investing for long term and with Dollar cost of average.
We're talking about 10.000$ and then every month around 1000 to add to the portfolio. I was determined to buy stock shares diversified in markets but now im thinking about Cripto as a way to save and make profit long term.
Would you recommend to choose the top10 and just split 10% of investment? another %?
Go all in into BTC and hold? Im planning to start investing early next year Go back to stock market and just 10-20% into cripto?

Just to clarify I have in total 10k and then 1k every month to invest

Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andiko

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:26:10 PM

I would advise you to keep about 30-40% in BTC and the rest of the amount divided among the remaining coins from the top 10.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:27:29 PM

DCA or Dollar cost averaging won't work in Bitcoin as it is a investment strategy for stocks that are labeled Bluechips or who have a stable growth. DCA won't work on a unstable or volatile asset such as Bitcoin as you might destroy the overall average price of your portfolio just by doing so. Remember that what you are doing with Bitcoin is trading and you cannot risk yourself using the DCA because you don't know how to Trade.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:34:18 PM

Would suggest you ignore alts right now and put half your BTC fund in right now incase price goes to $10k - if it did you could then sell the half and wait and see from there.  Incase price goes down you just put in the other half fiat fund and you get more bitcoin overall.  This is a strategy i sometimes use when buying back in.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
mdgreasyjohn

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

cancer sucks

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:40:26 PM

Would suggest you ignore alts right now and put half your BTC fund in right now incase price goes to $10k - if it did you could then sell the half and wait and see from there.  Incase price goes down you just put in the other half fiat fund and you get more bitcoin overall.  This is a strategy i sometimes use when buying back in.
        buy and hold is a good idea for now. read , learn and read more about tradeing before you go all out and only trade what you dont mind losing
saedasda

Activity: 147

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:53:31 PM

I would suggest to invest 60% or more to btc then the rest altcoin that is the best and safe way then you must remember to diversify Smiley no matter what happen you are safe

Zastria

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:54:48 PM

I think for now you only need to buy bitcoin and hold for future investments, and have a lot to learn about how best to trade in bitcoin,you can learn about trading in this forum Grin
sirenmoon

Activity: 121
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:06:51 PM

Bitcoin is rising right now, but it's like the wall street - tomorrow it may fall. Buying more coins at the same time is also good, but you must know when is the right time to withdraw those coins in world money. There are many sites you can invest your BTC in but you must watch out cause many sites can run off with your invested coins and you can do nothing about it. Think clever and make clever things!

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:17:57 PM

Hello everyone,
being reading about criptos for a while now. Just accepting the guys who are now starting investing are a bit out of the BTC train, was trying to figure out another strategy, always with buy&hold in mind, investing for long term and with Dollar cost of average.
We're talking about 10.000$ and then every month around 1000 to add to the portfolio. I was determined to buy stock shares diversified in markets but now im thinking about Cripto as a way to save and make profit long term.
Would you recommend to choose the top10 and just split 10% of investment? another %?
Go all in into BTC and hold? Im planning to start investing early next year Go back to stock market and just 10-20% into cripto?

Just to clarify I have in total 10k and then 1k every month to invest

Thanks in advance
I would recommend you to diversify your investment as diversification is the best way to reduce the risks of market and to increase your chances of huge profits in less time.
I would recommend you to keep around 50 percent in Bitcoin as it is the master of all crypto. It is without any doubt the most popular cryptocurrency which makes it very stable.
The rest of the amount must be distributed equally among other progressive and popular crypto like ethereum, monero, litecoin, ripple and Neo. All of these coins have huge potential and can show tremendous growth in future.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:40:34 PM

It is always good to diversify your portfolio. I would say 70% in BTC and 30% in altcoins. You can change the % according to your portfolio risk level. Good luck to your investment.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:42:05 PM

Bitcoin is rising right now, but it's like the wall street - tomorrow it may fall. Buying more coins at the same time is also good, but you must know when is the right time to withdraw those coins in world money. There are many sites you can invest your BTC in but you must watch out cause many sites can run off with your invested coins and you can do nothing about it. Think clever and make clever things!
A fork is coming again, so the buy and hold strategy is valid only for really long term now. Maybe before the next fork the price will drop again, we can expect a lot of FUD and bad news from various sources, and it will be hard to decide if the news are legit or not. Also, if someone start to sell heavily, a lot of others will panic sell, which is not bad for those who wants to buy in a dip.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:51:17 PM

What I think is you should invest in bitcoins and stock market at the same time.

In fact when you invest in 10 things at once the profit that you get gets divided, you can try to invest more in bitcoins only because remember this * the more you invest the more profit you get*

Investing small small amount in other currencies as well at the same time decreases the profit that you could have earned if you would have invested everything in the same coin.

And stock market is always a great place to.invest, buy stocks of apple right now you will be highly benifited.

Also you can hire your personal manager for investment and everything and hold for larger period.
But a fork is coming soon wait till it passes before investing.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
specimen23

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:08:49 PM

do you have a target in mind? that would help us advise the best investment strategy.
diabloykiss (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:00:19 PM

My target would be to save up for the next 15 years and then use the money to start a business or live from dividents.
surix

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:09:28 PM

That depends on your apatite for risks. My personally have 70~90% in BTC, depending the alt price, because my first investment is in BTC and if I have to buy alts, I have to buy them with my BTC, that it say I have to bet an alt will out perform BTC -> it's 2x risky then investing the fiat into crypto...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
hakuna

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:18:38 PM

Maybe splitting your money in three parts:
- 1/3 in BTC
- 1/3 in ALTs
- 1/3 in USD to eventually increase BTCs or ALTs in case of major drops.

Alternatively, you could use the last 1/3 to trade short-term.

Dan D. Lion

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:29:43 PM

DCA or Dollar cost averaging won't work in Bitcoin as it is a investment strategy for stocks that are labeled Bluechips or who have a stable growth. DCA won't work on a unstable or volatile asset such as Bitcoin as you might destroy the overall average price of your portfolio just by doing so. Remember that what you are doing with Bitcoin is trading and you cannot risk yourself using the DCA because you don't know how to Trade.

So true, with an investment with such volatility you have to watch it closely and rather than buying at some pre-determined time when the price may be quite high, watch and wait for it to decrease and then make a purchase.
MarthaEllis

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:22:50 PM

The best way to invest is to put your trust in a diversified basket of cryptocurrencies. You have a top ten coins list for a reason. That said, you should always invest anywhere from 30%-70% of your portfolio in BTC, and split the rest among the top 10 currencies. OF course you should always remember to invest a bit more in ETH and LTC, but also consider some solid upcoming tokens like Nucleus Vision and AppCoins.
Jacob Oram

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:33:12 PM

Forget everything you've read before and just put everything in BTC. Unless you're actively trading margins, there's very little point in trying out other altcoins. Considering that you've taken to the internet for crypto investment advice, I don't see you as a savvy investor, so just stick with BTC and maybe ETH and HODL!
Boriscarter1
Copper Member

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:00:56 PM

Just because you're not a born investor, doesn't mean you have to put everything in BTC. My advice would be to split between BTC and ETH, since their pretty much the most valuable and most disruptive coins respectively. BTC is gold, and ETH will appreciate once a few mainstream ICO projects like Nucleus Vision and Dream Team take off.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: