Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:26:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to convert your tokens into ether in myetherwallet.com  (Read 1266 times)
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:33:31 PM

You can only convert your tokens using an exchange like etherdelta if the coin is already lsted there.
Usually all exchanges have same procedure like you get a recieving address for particular coin and then send your tokens to it from myetherwallet, once your tokens are displayed in exchange wallet, then you are free to exchange them

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dulari1

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:26:44 AM

You cant convert tokens into ether inside myetherwallet , you need to move those tokens first to any exchange . if you dont know which exchange listed them then move to etherdelta or forkdelta with token contract address , or better to ask team info about exchanges .
normally ERC tokens are available on etherdelta / forkdelta / idex / token store type exchanges . you can also search on coinmarketcap , there if token is listed then you can see exchanges where it is listed .

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:35:14 AM

This will be helpful to newbies.

Its simple, just find the exchange where your token is listed and connect your Myetherewallet to exchange site using metamask then sell you coins and you can receive ethereum if your coins sold. so that time your token is converting to eth in that process.

btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:40:58 AM

According to the experience, it is impossible to convert directly into MEW. We have to move the coin to concerned exchange in order to exchange them Ethereum, at the same time you need to find the exchange in which the coin is listed for converting.
Irvanremok

Activity: 210

Masa Depan Kerja

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:24:44 PM

I think that in myetherwallet can not lower the coin it is just where we save. I usually exchange my coins in the market like forkdeltha or other exchange that can be used to exchange the usual coin to eth. or btc. for the exchange idr for me more easily in exchange.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
AmaZixOfficial
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 8

AmaZix.com - Professional community management

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 04:51:57 PM

Perhaps it is best to make it clear that tokens, coins and any other digital asset cannot be converted, not literally speaking anyway. Any platform or service that allows you to convert is actually just doing the conversion internally (that is, the balances they show you are accounting figures on their own database).

Exchanging is what actually happens - you sell your ERC20 tokens, and receive Ether. The process is called exchanging, which is why exchange platforms are called such (you're exchanging tokens for Ether/ETH).

MyEtherWallet is simply a wallet. Practically, wallets are how you to "store" your funds, although that itself isn't really true as all assets are stored on the blockchain. You use MEW to view your owned assets, and use it to control your funds via your private keys.

[Frederick]

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:20:36 PM

You can't convert all tokens inside MEW since you need to transfer it to exchange to sell it and convert to ETH or any other coins that you may use to gas your ETH or coins to keep on your wallet.
jackjackfly

Activity: 322

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:33:11 PM

It is impossible to convert them straight to ether myetherwallet. Let me explain why:

First an the main reason, that myetherwallet is wallet (it is not a converter, exchange etc)
so its main features are storing your assets, sending your assets

Hope that helps))

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
onepiece1995

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:08:18 PM

I do not think, will be able to convert coin in myetherwallet, unless the coin has entered a large market. then the coin will be converted itself into a matter of USD
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:41:51 PM

I do not understand where the op guy has been got this idea mate. I am not whether that guy have the beginner knowledge to use the myetherwallet or not. If he was read the popped up details while tried to sign up means itself he may know answer bro.
Instead of that he created a shit query thread and make others to spam on his own thread mate.
No option to change the tokens into ether. Only you need to ether to send or receive the tokens thats it.
jings007

Activity: 174
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:04:12 AM

The only way to convert your token is etherdelta exchange. They are the biggest exchange in the tokens market and most of the ETH tokens are listed there. However, to use Etherdelta, you need to use your private key first to export your ETH wallet to them. Then only it will be open for your use. So there's a security risk associated with it. So if you are holding some serious amounts of ETH along with other token, my recommendation will be, first transfer your ETH to some other wallet and then use the private key to export the wallet to Etherdelta. Sell off your tokens for ETH and move the funds to another safe wallet.

Thank you for the wonderful info, this is  really good to all newbies like me, because   I never had yet any transaction to my ETH.
riboku0105

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:20:18 PM

Myetherwallet is a wallet that holds ETHs and ERC20 tokens, and you can only transfer tokens from the mew address to another mew address, not convert the tokens you have in your wallet into ETH. Want to convert so you have to transfer to exchange for sale to ETH or BTC.
wavessurfing

Activity: 372
Merit: 41

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:30:55 PM

this is an interesting question, how about MEW developing such internal possibility ?
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:00:23 PM

The only way to convert your token is etherdelta exchange. They are the biggest exchange in the tokens market and most of the ETH tokens are listed there. However, to use Etherdelta, you need to use your private key first to export your ETH wallet to them. Then only it will be open for your use. So there's a security risk associated with it. So if you are holding some serious amounts of ETH along with other token, my recommendation will be, first transfer your ETH to some other wallet and then use the private key to export the wallet to Etherdelta. Sell off your tokens for ETH and move the funds to another safe wallet.
Yes, I also agree with you because etherdelta is the most potential exchange to covert your token into ethereum.The exchange is safe, secure and reliable and it also have cheap low transaction fee. You can also use myetherwallet but be careful with the way you handle your private key because it is the only key you need to access your account.
zedd60

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:30:34 PM

Hi, i would be very grateful if someone could assist me. I truly have no idea what I'm doing, after watching and reading several tutorials I'm still none the wiser. I have approx 2005 FLOT tokens, i have an account with ether delta and metamask, i am trying to covert these tokens in to ETH so i can then send them to my coinbase acct and then to my UK bank acct. the tokens are currently in my 'etherdelta' acct and i dont know what to do from here on, please can someone guide me? thank you
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:57:00 AM

Hi, i would be very grateful if someone could assist me. I truly have no idea what I'm doing, after watching and reading several tutorials I'm still none the wiser. I have approx 2005 FLOT tokens, i have an account with ether delta and metamask, i am trying to covert these tokens in to ETH so i can then send them to my coinbase acct and then to my UK bank acct. the tokens are currently in my 'etherdelta' acct and i dont know what to do from here on, please can someone guide me? thank you

As per my knowledge, FLOT token is listed on yobit.net exchange. It was also listed on more few exchanges but i would recommend yobit because their trading interface is much easier than etherdelta.
Just open yobit and search for FLOT, click deposit option and it will generate recieving address for the specific coin, send your coins to it and then you can sell it easily for ETH
wavessurfing

Activity: 372
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:46:14 PM

It is impossible to convert them straight to ether myetherwallet. Let me explain why:

First an the main reason, that myetherwallet is wallet (it is not a converter, exchange etc)
so its main features are storing your assets, sending your assets

Hope that helps))

in february, tayvano (one of the founders of MEW) did create a concurrent wallet: mycrypto.com.
does it have the same limitation?

see https://mycrypto.com/swap
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:12:53 PM

First of all you should have some ETH for transaction fee.You can sell your tokens on etherdelta, you do not need your coinbase account. Once you sell your tokens for ETH, you can immediately bring it to your bank account
Ayston

Activity: 203

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:54:17 AM

You just have to transfer it to any exchange where it was listed then you can sell them or but new tokens that you like, then transfer it again to desire wallet to in cash it..

YouTube has the instruction how to transfer your token from Mew since its a little bit tricky..
the ghabbar

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

Futiracoin.com

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:21:13 PM

answers like this in my opinion are very helpful for novice users in terms of exchanging tokens they get. but I advise someone to help or control beginners in exchanging tokens,
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: