Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:41:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to convert your tokens into ether in myetherwallet.com  (Read 1264 times)
Meepospammer (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:34:57 PM

This will be helpful to newbies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DamCryp

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:46:57 PM

to be honest I haven't fund a way to do it directly in MEW, best option is to tranfer to Ehterdelta and sell which has the largest amount of ERC-20 listed tokens. Still you need a balance of at least 0.01 to do such transfer. Might be worth your while if you're trying to cash in your airdrops
codem0nkey
Copper Member

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:48:16 PM

I second EtherDelta
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:09:25 PM

The only way to convert your token is etherdelta exchange. They are the biggest exchange in the tokens market and most of the ETH tokens are listed there. However, to use Etherdelta, you need to use your private key first to export your ETH wallet to them. Then only it will be open for your use. So there's a security risk associated with it. So if you are holding some serious amounts of ETH along with other token, my recommendation will be, first transfer your ETH to some other wallet and then use the private key to export the wallet to Etherdelta. Sell off your tokens for ETH and move the funds to another safe wallet.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
Iolanna

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:53:02 PM

The only way to convert your token is etherdelta exchange. They are the biggest exchange in the tokens market and most of the ETH tokens are listed there. However, to use Etherdelta, you need to use your private key first to export your ETH wallet to them. Then only it will be open for your use. So there's a security risk associated with it. So if you are holding some serious amounts of ETH along with other token, my recommendation will be, first transfer your ETH to some other wallet and then use the private key to export the wallet to Etherdelta. Sell off your tokens for ETH and move the funds to another safe wallet.

In order to prevent any risk using EtherDelta, just install chrome extension Metamask. It's much easier and more secure to trade using Metamask. So when you import your wallet in Metamask and open EtherDelta, you'll be able to see the current token balance of each token even without adding it manually to MEW.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:02:51 PM

Ether tokens can't be converted but exchanged. Myetherwallet is a wallet, where you can save your tokens. Tokens are ETH based on Ethereum, but different autonomic cryptocurrencies, so you need an exchanger, as members here explained.
Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:59:33 PM

You can send in MyEtherWallet your Ether to ICO address, where you can get - dependable on the ICO - immediately or towards the end of the ICO your ERC20-Tokens. For finished ICOs you can find their Tokens on Etherdelta or HitBTC, I'd rather use EtherDelta.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
porto-pok

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:05:59 AM

I have a question about this : What is the average price of a token ? can be worth more than 0,1 $ ?
PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:49:35 AM

First of all you must have an etherwallet. To convert your token into ether you must have an eth first , this will be your gas and fee for the transaction of your tokens. I recommend that you use etherdelta because it has so many compatible and available tokens. Once you have an eth in your etherwallet, you will have to deposit your token in the etherdelta to be able to sell it and be converted into ethereum. When you are finish selling your tokens and converted you can now withdraw your eth into your etherwallet. Its that simple. Smiley

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:31:54 PM

there will be an announcement from an ico that will list on any exchanger, if it exists, you can directly deposit in the exchanger, then start selling or trading your token there, if your token is sold in ETH or BTC rate it will easily be converted according to rate your currency

I have a question about this : What is the average price of a token ? can be worth more than 0,1 $ ?

the token price depends on the market price, it may reach a rate of more than $ 0.1
Stephgmnl

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:46:12 AM

In order to prevent any risk using EtherDelta, just install chrome extension Metamask. It's much easier and more secure to trade using Metamask. So when you import your wallet in Metamask and open EtherDelta, you'll be able to see the current token balance of each token even without adding it manually to MEW.

Do we still have to enter our private key details after installing the Metamask?
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:45:44 PM

There is no option to exchange tokens into ethereum inside the myetherwallet.com, you must transfer your tokens to an exchange where your token is listed. Most tokens are initially listed on etherdelta.com and it is very easy to swap coins using etherdelta exchange. You need to enter private key, make sure you visit official url so that you will not be scammed
Leeke

Activity: 151
Merit: 11

Website link - Bitcoin Unicorn

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 01:54:07 AM

Do we still have to enter our private key details after installing the Metamask?

Sorry - removed my last comment - you shouldn't need to load your private key from MetaMask into ED, instead you login to the extension on the ED page and refresh the page and it will find your MetaMask account for you.

Otherwise you'll need to load in private key details - and most people don't advocate ever having to share ur private keys for security reasons.

However, if you are looking to trade and do share your private keys with ED, just exercise caution and limit your risks like using an account that only holds enough ether for gas transactions, and not the account with all your tokens in it.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:12:16 AM

The only way to convert your token is etherdelta exchange
no, etherdelta is not the only exchange for token. there were also many exchanges out there like hitbtc, poloniex ,bittrex ,etc. that you can use to be able to exchange your tokens and coins. however etherdelta is the first exchange that tokens will be listed.

However, to use Etherdelta, you need to use your private key first to export your ETH wallet to them
you can also you metamask if you dont want to input your private keys directly on etherdelta by doing these you can also save your self from any other exploits like hacking or phising attempts.

Re: How to convert your tokens into ether in myetherwallet.com
you cant convert your tokens directly on myetherwallet rather you need to transfer it first on to some online exchange site like etherdelta. to be able to trade or sell it and then you should withdraw it again back to your myetherwallet to be able to withdraw your converted coins and tokens.
mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:26:56 AM

sell your tokens into ethereum then transfer the eth in your MEW account. You cant sell your tokens as long as theres no exchange that accepts it. But today every coin will be listed on etherdelta first but thier bid is too low.
jj3311

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:13:34 PM

Hi ,

anybody can guide how to do it .

Thanks
Cynooza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:38:35 PM

You should go to a crypto exchange. Apart from popular EtherDelta and IDEX, I would recommend Token.Store it's smaller, but also decentralized, very easy to use and has cheap fees.
signofnero

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:32:38 PM

you must transfer your tokens to an exchange where your token is listed. You need to enter private key, make sure you visit official url so that you will not be scammed  Cool
duythan1988
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:16:09 PM

I think no one can fund this. There are many ERC 20 tokens. One of them is junk. The easiest way is to put them on decentralized trading platforms like etherdelta, idex. but be careful. It asks for your private key. You can use metamask or transfer valuables in your wallet to a safe place
Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:16:08 PM

is very difficult but I think that can be possible of converting your token from myetherwallet to Ethereum. the only I can only do is that I can change your token in any exchange form there you can send to your eth wallet and then serves as ethe to you wallet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: