Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:51:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with Warren Buffett's Thoughts on Bitcoin  (Read 559 times)
Bitcoin_baba (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:47:54 PM

World’s leading investor Warren Buffett is not impressed with increasing Bitcoin Price. Warren Buffett thinks that Bitcoin price is a bubble. Do You Agree with Warren Buffett
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:45:54 PM

World’s leading investor Warren Buffett is not impressed with increasing Bitcoin Price. Warren Buffett thinks that Bitcoin price is a bubble. Do You Agree with Warren Buffett

In  my own perception in what  that's warren buffet thought about bitcoin is bubbling, i respect his opinion,but cryptocurrency is different in his own business world,maybe he protected his business that would not affected in bitcoin rising.if he see the total package  of what bitcoin done in helping the economy maybe they will make up their mind and embrace the future of cryptocurrency.one example who believe in bitcoin is bill gates,he invest some of his assets.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
JustTwo

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:20:49 PM

It is a bubble, but that doesn't mean it'll burst soon. With enough enthusiasm + limited supply, it could take decades to burst. Think Bernie.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:28:49 PM

No,he thinks bitcoin is a bubble just like the time when people used to buy more and more houses back in 2005 and then prices suddenly started to fall even down,which is one of the main reasons for the recession to begin in 2008,all the loans borrowed from the bank weren't paid and this lead to closure of banks one by one but somehow the situation was handled.
Bitcoin is no where related to it ,its buyers have been increasing lately ,yes,but that's because they think this is a good reason for investment. But you can't say ,the price can down but hopefully some whales would help to give rebirth to bitcoin's price once again.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1667

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:32:31 PM

We admired him for making lots of money through investing, we can't take that away from him. But I believed that he doesn't understand crypto trading or crypto investing and not all of his investment in the past become successful as well. And no disrespect to the man, but he is old school. Bitcoin is now the new revolution in trading. This is not 1980's or 1990's. And bitcoin price cannot be defined by TA alone, maybe that is he's cue for saying that bitcoin is a bubble.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3852

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:35:41 PM

I disagree with what he thinks, as I personally think he probably doesn't understand the ins and outs of the technology behind bitcoin or blockchain technology in general. Though it doesn't mean Buffett is automatically wrong. He could be right. Bitcoin is a speculative investment, after all.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:00:26 PM

I'm not particularly interested in anyone's overall opinion, even more so if they're from old school finance. No one knows where this is going to end up and anyone making declarations of any type will wind up looking like a prize tit.

We need to sit back and let nature take its course. As long as arses are covered in case it all goes wrong then it's the greatest show on earth.
Stac

Activity: 419

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:03:29 PM

Warren buffet critics about the rise in price of bitcoins as a mere mirage or an unrealistic hope of  rise in the price of bitcoins what I personally think about his thought is that he is planing to invest more into bitcoins and other cryptocurrency market because when huge investors like him say something people tend to withdraw their holdings and naturally the value of bitcoins drops which will make it easier for investors to invest more on the bitcoin market. Like Warren Buffet, Jamie Dimon the CEO of JPMorgan Chase has also followed this strategy  which brought a slight drop in the market then later it started to shoot and today the current price of bitcoin has reached around $6300. Bitcoin is highly volatile but as the prices are increasing over time the volatility is getting nullified.

stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:07:56 PM

yeah, the stock market is a bubble, too. We will see what happen when the rate hike up... Roll Eyes
ZFXToken

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 06:25:25 PM

Even if it is in a bubble (and I don't think it is)... what's the old saying... the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.
Jating

Activity: 2968
Merit: 822

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:27:03 PM

We have our own opinion on everything, although we don't like what he says, let it be. I have the same opinion as others, Warren doesn't have a slight clue on bitcoin ecosystem. He is a stock guys for crying out loud. And saying that bitcoin is a bubble? How about those company that he invested during the dot com days? Isn't it a bubble as well and it was burst sooner than we think. He already made tons of money investing on company that has been busted, so I think he has no right to claim the bitcoin is just another bubble, because himself was also a victim during his heydays.
bitqistchris

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 07:21:52 PM

It is a bubble, but that doesn't mean it'll burst soon. With enough enthusiasm + limited supply, it could take decades to burst. Think Bernie.

Exactly my thoughts...
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:30:31 PM

The Warren Buffett's investing style is base on buying an underpriced asset and selling it later on the normal price. Like buying a dollar for 80 cents and selling later for 100. It is true that right now bitcoin is overpriced and there is nothing special that such a major investor dodn't find it attractive.
Basicaly BTC now is more about speculation than investments.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:41:14 PM

Currently the rapid speed at which it is growing is indicating it as a bubble as many new users are just investing without understanding what is blockchain and what is Bitcoin and how does it works. So Buffet won't just say anything unnatural, so its kind of agreeable. But it might change as well, so I feel not totally agreeable.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:53:22 PM

I have all the respect for Warren Buffett. He is one of the few people who have been able to constantly "beat the market" in terms of returns. He is very wise and all that,but here he makes a HUGE mistake which is somehow understandable  because he is confronting with something new and more technological that I think he is accustomed to.

Bitcoin IS the money of the future.. All our world is evolving, so the financial technology has to conform. And bitcoin,respectively crypto-currencies are the needed change.  Wink
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:58:20 PM

Not at all. Why would I care about the opinion of someone who doesn't understand Bitcoin? It makes absolutely no sense. Bitcoin has been subject to a whole lot of unwarranted criticism by banks, governments, insanely wealthy individuals, etc. It didn't have any impact on Bitcoin at all, because most people know better than that. The entire crypto market is progressing in a rapid pace, and with that comes a better overall understanding of what Bitcoin is about. Let people talk whatever they want, if they don't understand what Bitcoin is, and aren't able to come up with justified constructive criticism, they at all times should be ignored.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:48:00 PM

I do disagree of thinking that bitcoin is a bubble and warren Buffetts idea maybe a thought from stock market angle. Bitcoin has proved itself to be a strong crypto currency and because of it dynamic nature many though bitcoin is a bubble. I believe that in future we would see the beauty in this great technology and from there the whole world will appreciate blockchain technology.
ZFXToken

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 10:24:05 PM

I'm also under the impression that Buffet sees Bitcoin as an asset and not as a technology, so his way of valuing can't apply.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:32:28 PM

I'm also under the impression that Buffet sees Bitcoin as an asset and not as a technology, so his way of valuing can't apply.

Ask one hundred people what Bitcoin is and you'll get one hundred different answers. The only way we'll know is to let it continue doing its thing and see what happens. It's one of the great unknowables of the modern age.
swaptaker

Activity: 187

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:33:50 PM

Not at all. Why would I care about the opinion of someone who doesn't understand Bitcoin? It makes absolutely no sense. Bitcoin has been subject to a whole lot of unwarranted criticism by banks, governments, insanely wealthy individuals, etc. It didn't have any impact on Bitcoin at all, because most people know better than that. The entire crypto market is progressing in a rapid pace, and with that comes a better overall understanding of what Bitcoin is about. Let people talk whatever they want, if they don't understand what Bitcoin is, and aren't able to come up with justified constructive criticism, they at all times should be ignored.

I'm not even sure if he understand what bitcoin is, too. He's an old person and they don't understand very technologic things such as bitcoin and blockchain. So he made wrong negative comments on bitcoin, I found his arguments are wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: