Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your favorite way to track cryptocurrency rates?  (Read 267 times)
chanfest22 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:21:31 PM

Many websites offer cryptocurrency rate tracking functionality, so I'm curious: 
1) What is your favorite destination for tracking this information? 
2) What are your favorite features (or what features do you wish existed on this type of page)?

Context
I'm working on www.cointracker.network, a unified dashboard for tracking cryptocurrency assets, and I'd love your help to make our Rates page (www.cointracker.network/rates) as useful as possible! CoinTracker currently supports tracking over 1,600 coins including automated syncing of local wallets, ERC20 tokens, and a direct integration with Coinbase.

Screenshots
https://image.ibb.co/eryzY6/Coin_Tracker.png
https://www.cointracker.network/static/images/screenshot_overview.png
DamCryp

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:30:50 PM

i was looking at your website and it looks really good, I personally use Cryptocompare and IFT, they allow social comments, It'd be really cool if you added sort of a public o private mode one could toggle, in case you wanted some feed back on, it. Also make it sort of a competion against others' returns when looking at the portfolio option, specially with Api's since you can't fake that.
Hope my suggestions weren't too crazy! haha
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3013

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 08:31:47 PM

Honestly i have only 2 tools which is i can monitor and tract the price of every coins..
I am using coinmarketcap and bitcoinwisdom for analysis but not all coins are supported..
The good features that i only wanted in coinmarketcap is the complete list of market place or exchanges and source of info's about the coin.For bitcoin wisdom i really wanted the alert that it will alarm if you setup  amount was hit your future price..And free tools that you can use for analyzing the movement of bitcoin or  any supported altcoin ..
Add more design for your website and hope your service is free first or trial first so that other people can gives you  feedback..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dragons_are_secure

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:11:26 PM

I realize its not exactly what you are asking, but I am following the index fund idea and so am less likely to track individual cryptocurrency values.

https://www.bitwiseinvestments.com
  https://www.coindesk.com/angellist-creator-naval-ravikant-backs-sp-style-cryptocurrency-fund/

That said, it makes me wonder if you wanted to allow your Coin_Tracker.png image to include portfolio positions with different weights to user selected sets of currencies.  I'm probably not alone in wondering (and would be happy to play the game virtually) on whether say $10K invested a year ago with different types of cryptocurrencies would have netted very different outcomes.  Could I have found an optimal allocation of the investment across different cryptocurrencies to create a maximal return?

With such large volatility, anything that helps to evaluate the best investments on a given day would be a welcome tool, in my opinion.  I haven't found anything that helps with that available now.
marty78

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:21:54 AM

I use CMC mobile app based on coinmarketcap.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: