Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:39:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Bitair' is a SCAM! Stay away!  (Read 9113 times)
dweinberg (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:44:24 PM

So some of you may have come across 'Bitair' with their initial coin offering still ongoing (may I add, with a 45% bonus still available, despite the fact their whitepaper contradicts that this bonus should still be as high right now). Their fake website can be found at bitair.io

They claim they are going to revolutionise the aviation industry with the invention of this new cryptocurrency, which is apparently already in use by 'Asia Pacific Travel' in multiple offices in the middle east. On further investigation, I have concluded that Bitair and everything related to them is completely fake and it is a scam - stay away!

Here's why:

1. All of the linkedin profiles created for their 'team' that you can access through their website appear to be fabricated. When you research the team further, you will discover that they never held the previous positions claimed in their profiles

2. All the twitter profiles are suspiciously created around the same date in September and there is a complete lack of activity in October, contrasting with the previous spam that was posted in September. See their CEO's Twitter example here: https://twitter.com/TommBarron. Further, look at the people that the CEO is following - they are completely random individuals from foreign countries - highly unlikely a 'UK Graduate from Oxford University' setting up such a company would be following even a fraction of these people

3. There are multiple fake facebook profiles that have reviewed their main page (https://www.facebook.com/bitair.io/) Apparently this is the CEO: https://www.facebook.com/barr.tommy.104?hc_ref=ARS9d7eQReYBzJBI5HxPVVy8-yhdsgVfRWRMFLfmGjX-9vwTXZvVk2WAIH7sv3TjozY who left a review. Conveniently in his atrocious profile picture too, his back is facing us - who is the mystery man? Another example here: https://www.facebook.com/liam.gigg.7965?hc_ref=ARSt-HgwfrccelsmVl51rAGUY5cEyLPh9AMTf6tAiT5wH-zKe3euKxSQgXILI3w46Ag (Oliver Baines who is supposedly the co-founder). Half of their pictures are random models and there is no congruency at all

4. The main youtube video on their website appears fake for many reasons. First, the actors (two of which featured make up the apparent 'team') are just repeating stuff that is in their professional looking whitepaper. They don't add anything to what is already on their website, and in all honesty they do not appear to be Entrepreneurs creating such a company when you simply listen to them. The setup is a completely fake and cheap looking office. They have a few props like a big sign in the background, and there are people 'working' away in the background on laptops and phones, which looks completely fake. One of them looks particularly bored as if he cannot wait for the video to end so he can take his money from this elaborate scam and leave.

5. The company has spent much effort in advertising their initial coin offering all over the internet. For example, it features as a 'platinum' initial coin offering on coin schedule to attract attention, however they have simply paid for this to attract more traffic to their site.

6. If you research the addresses for their supposed companies, they seem completely fake and cease to exist in conjunction with the proposed company names.

7. The initial coin offering is still offering a 45% bonus, which contradicts completely with their whitepaper, in which it states that in the 'remaining 38 days' of the initial coin offering (which we are currently in), the bonus would be 15% if you contributed over a certain amount specifically (see whitepaper here https://bitair.io/bitair-whitepaper.pdf)

8. The rate for exchange remains constant throughout the initial coin offering. Is this not unusual considering that the value of ETH and BTC are changing constantly? What do they even value their coin at? Nothing obviously as it is fake. This point in conjunction with point 7 goes to show that they don't care and simply want your BTC/ETH, in exchange for some Bitair which will be worth virtually nothing immediately. It's all a scam.

There are probably more points I could come up with but I'll stop here as the evidence is big enough already!

DO NOT exchange BTC or ETH from Bitair as it is all a very elaborate scam and they will steal your money!

Please let me know your thoughts

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:05:51 PM

Thanks for the warning. We will keep away from this kind of projects. Lately there is a lot of this
bigbadbaz

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:21:33 AM

A bit late for me, but at least I only put in less than 2 ETH. I tried withdrawing it using the withdraw function on the dashboard, and it did create a transaction, but their token has zero value Sad

I've sent an email to ask them to fix it up but I don't expect a reply.
InvisibilityFP

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 05:29:56 AM

ya bro, site like this will scam, cant survive
i alseo stay away from site like this, the promise give so much bonus.. same with other scam project

▬▬ • • •  DOCTailor  ✂  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Bounty  Whitepaper  ▬▬  Slack  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Linkedin   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th   ▐▐
Cloud27

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:02:41 PM

Hi, If you have a valid reason and proof, you can post it on the Scam Accusation board. There is also a scam report format that you can use to guide you to have a better presentation for the members of this forum. And thank you for notifying us.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:10:54 PM

I saw it and kept my distance.
Thanks for update.
Too many scammers running around lately.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:13:45 PM

So some of you may have come across 'Bitair' with their initial coin offering still ongoing (may I add, with a 45% bonus still available, despite the fact their whitepaper contradicts that this bonus should still be as high right now). Their fake website can be found at bitair.io

They claim they are going to revolutionise the aviation industry with the invention of this new cryptocurrency, which is apparently already in use by 'Asia Pacific Travel' in multiple offices in the middle east. On further investigation, I have concluded that Bitair and everything related to them is completely fake and it is a scam - stay away!

Here's why:

1. All of the linkedin profiles created for their 'team' that you can access through their website appear to be fabricated. When you research the team further, you will discover that they never held the previous positions claimed in their profiles

2. All the twitter profiles are suspiciously created around the same date in September and there is a complete lack of activity in October, contrasting with the previous spam that was posted in September. See their CEO's Twitter example here: https://twitter.com/TommBarron. Further, look at the people that the CEO is following - they are completely random individuals from foreign countries - highly unlikely a 'UK Graduate from Oxford University' setting up such a company would be following even a fraction of these people

3. There are multiple fake facebook profiles that have reviewed their main page (https://www.facebook.com/bitair.io/) Apparently this is the CEO: https://www.facebook.com/barr.tommy.104?hc_ref=ARS9d7eQReYBzJBI5HxPVVy8-yhdsgVfRWRMFLfmGjX-9vwTXZvVk2WAIH7sv3TjozY who left a review. Conveniently in his atrocious profile picture too, his back is facing us - who is the mystery man? Another example here: https://www.facebook.com/liam.gigg.7965?hc_ref=ARSt-HgwfrccelsmVl51rAGUY5cEyLPh9AMTf6tAiT5wH-zKe3euKxSQgXILI3w46Ag (Oliver Baines who is supposedly the co-founder). Half of their pictures are random models and there is no congruency at all

4. The main youtube video on their website appears fake for many reasons. First, the actors (two of which featured make up the apparent 'team') are just repeating stuff that is in their professional looking whitepaper. They don't add anything to what is already on their website, and in all honesty they do not appear to be Entrepreneurs creating such a company when you simply listen to them. The setup is a completely fake and cheap looking office. They have a few props like a big sign in the background, and there are people 'working' away in the background on laptops and phones, which looks completely fake. One of them looks particularly bored as if he cannot wait for the video to end so he can take his money from this elaborate scam and leave.

5. The company has spent much effort in advertising their initial coin offering all over the internet. For example, it features as a 'platinum' initial coin offering on coin schedule to attract attention, however they have simply paid for this to attract more traffic to their site.

6. If you research the addresses for their supposed companies, they seem completely fake and cease to exist in conjunction with the proposed company names.

7. The initial coin offering is still offering a 45% bonus, which contradicts completely with their whitepaper, in which it states that in the 'remaining 38 days' of the initial coin offering (which we are currently in), the bonus would be 15% if you contributed over a certain amount specifically (see whitepaper here https://bitair.io/bitair-whitepaper.pdf)

8. The rate for exchange remains constant throughout the initial coin offering. Is this not unusual considering that the value of ETH and BTC are changing constantly? What do they even value their coin at? Nothing obviously as it is fake. This point in conjunction with point 7 goes to show that they don't care and simply want your BTC/ETH, in exchange for some Bitair which will be worth virtually nothing immediately. It's all a scam.

There are probably more points I could come up with but I'll stop here as the evidence is big enough already!

DO NOT exchange BTC or ETH from Bitair as it is all a very elaborate scam and they will steal your money!

Please let me know your thoughts
Thanks for the warning!
Detailed report! Feel free to add your post to the Scam Accusations board.
I hear about CARTAXI then Bitair scamming. These kinds of posts are important to the community.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:15:20 PM

This is what i was talking about "self regulation" Thank you for your nice research and warning.
People must do the same who spot a project as a scam.
berks

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:08:03 AM

I invested a lot into this project I made a big mistake. It was a stupid mistake. On GitHub they dont even have a code in the repository. I should have checked all these things before. Lesson learned at an expensive price. Soon ICO's wont be able to find money to support their projects. Not only due to scam but also selling pricey tokens to the public. when it is on an exchange price drops dramatically. Take ENJ they sold tokens for 10 cents and now the price is 1.75 cents as of today. What an advantage to do all the research, invest your money and end up with more 5 times less value. ICO's are not worth your money.
ufalo3

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:38:09 AM

Indeed, you helped many to understand that this site is the work of fraudsters. Go to their website. I understand that the design is created competently and  influences favorably on the person. Thus, a person who does not suspect goes on about this  company. And everything looks so multifaceted.
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:40:51 AM

thanks for the information, more and more scams now
ozmate

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:10:03 PM

This is a SERIOUS SCAM.

They mention on their site that Asia Pacific Travel PTY LTD. Australia is one of their industry partners in Australia. In other posts to promote the ICO they claim that Asia Pacific Travel PTY LTD is in fact BitCoin Air. The company does not have a An Australian Business Number (ABN) needed to run a business in Australia: Check here: https://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?SearchText=%20617433084 Their entity's incorporation was only registered 16 September 2017. The supposed travel company they're using is not known to the Australian market. Their website trippyflight.com's travel search does not even operate. Their declared office at Potts Point is a residential apartment unit.

The website of their Manila office cheapflights.com was registered by a Vietnamese National. The phone number on the site is a mobile number answered by someone who doesn't even mention the name of the company. The support email originate from an IP Address of a Mobile Service Provider in Vietnam

This is very true. Vietnamese nationals are the ones managing their accounts. You will notice posts and comments on Facebook does not sound like their dodgy characters on their video.

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH AUSTRALIAN  COMPETITION AND CONSUMER COMMISSION (ACC): https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-protection/protecting-yourself-from-scams

davinc

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:03:35 AM

tks man, but i just want to ask is. Could it be on the floor? Cry Cry Cry Cry
LssPssn

Activity: 114
Merit: 18

Just enjoy once!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:55:28 PM

Thanks for this info! I just checked the twitters and some have been created on different dates between 2009 and 2017, but its true that some seems scam.

I put some money in this project 1 month ago but now when I read this information I have to say that I am a little confused and scared. I lost money with a lot of icos because when the project get the exchange.. the price go down under the ico price..

Any way thanks for info again. Lets what happen in a few week!  Undecided Undecided

Buy the dip!
ABDOOO

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:29:53 PM

Thanks for warning
Fu.Sin

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:31:48 PM

Of course fraud. Such a science-intensive production can not be built for such little money in such a short time. It would be much more plausible if they said they want to create innovative pens for frying pans.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
ozmate

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:41:37 AM

BITAIR'S Coinschedule page deleted

Re: https://www.coinschedule.com/icos/e934/bitair-pre-sale.htm

Bitair's page on  coinschedule's website has disappeared. Coinschedule is supposed to rate ICOs and Bitair "received" a Platinum rating. Users posted comments warning people about the scam. Bitair's banner was prominently shown on their website for several weeks. I believe that an ICO gets platinum status when they pay for advertisement on the site. Coinschedule is becoming a breeding ground for scammers.
Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:29:01 AM

Thank for your information. Now, many more ICO is scam. So we must be carefull before we join in an ICO. Success for our Smiley
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:33:38 AM

This is a very detailed report and thanks for giving us a warning. Those red flags that you discovered in really very suspicious although there was one user who already invested and he is regretting it right now. This is another example on why countries are really taking a look at every ICO because most of them are really scam from the very beginning. Let this be a lessons to other to really investigate the team behind if they are legit or not before investing your money.
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:33:22 AM

Sigh, people like these without conscience give ICO a bad name.

And it is sad to think the kind of impact on people who wish to run proper and genuine ICO such as myself.

No wonder they can afford to spend so much money on advertising, that they are almost everywhere...

It sucks... really...

Regards,
Yuen

CEO
www.galaxy-esolutions.com

I agree. It has definitely an impact to those people who are genuinely running a legit ICO. People loosing trust, making the trusted ICO a 'failure'.  That's why I stayed away from ICO, I don't invest to it anymore because its really hard to distinguished them. Its good that someone like a warning would popup like this, but if there's none, then say goodbye to your money.

A bit late for me, but at least I only put in less than 2 ETH. I tried withdrawing it using the withdraw function on the dashboard, and it did create a transaction, but their token has zero value Sad

I've sent an email to ask them to fix it up but I don't expect a reply.

2 ETH is no joke. That's a lot of money already. And imagine how much more this people could have been scamming from unsuspecting victims. Expect the worst, I hope you can withdraw, but I wouldn't be surprise if you can't because all the evidence points to the product as scam.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x