Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:38:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've got A Goldielocks and Three Bears Kinda Question......  (Read 438 times)
justdigging (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:18:12 PM

I'm looking for a BitCoin Pool, Not Too Big, Not Too Small, with some consistent block reward activity.....

Is that a pipe dream?

And if there is such a thing, no one wants to share that in order to keep it that way, right?

Been mining for about 5 months now, ended up with about 1.5BTC thus far, so I am appreciative of that.

I'm just looking for the opportunity to hit a block, more often, in less than massive pool, not that i'm expecting to
get rich quick or make a fast buck, I'd just like a little more, a little more frequently, if at all possible,
and I am going to increase my mining power by re-investing what i've earned thus far.

I've been in pools, and yes we hit blocks every few days, sometimes even more than once a day,
but at .000Xxxxx per reward, after thousands of miners have contributed, it's not the greatest return.

The largest/most massive pools, process that much more of the Chain, and therefore they get the blocks
more often and it's less and less about about luck?

I'm still looking to find out, a better explanation as to how 'reward blocks' are actually available to be processed
by whatever miner/pool/farm in the block chain.

Thanks for any advise & guidance or being adopted by such a pool!

Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:04:28 AM

Your reward is based on your hash rate, not the pool size.

The only difference on your reward between pools is the fees and variance
(as long as the pool gets some blocks every diff change/every 2 weeks)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
justdigging (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:52:14 PM

Your reward is based on your hash rate, not the pool size.

The only difference on your reward between pools is the fees and variance
(as long as the pool gets some blocks every diff change/every 2 weeks)

I'm sorry, this is very likely to be a 'terminology issue' on my part.

If you have 100 users, and you hit a block, isn't the reward divided by the 100 users, and
the ratio is of on the hash rate/hashing done by each and therefore if you are in a pool,
with 1000 users, your reward would be LESS?

VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:09:22 PM

Reward per block will be less all other things being equal, yes.  You would be expected to get more blocks, however, so your total expected reward per day will be the same on average.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
justdigging (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:26:17 PM

Reward per block will be less all other things being equal, yes.  You would be expected to get more blocks, however, so your total expected reward per day will be the same on average.

Thanks for that, yes "all other things being equal", your reward would be less, with more users sharing the same block reward.

I've been in a few pools, some of those that are apparently in the 1% of BlockChain  hashing (the smaller of some of the LARGER POOLS), and as I mentioned we hit a few blocks within a few days or couple weeks and ended up with $15-$20 worth of BTC each block, and if I were to extend that pattern, to even say a $100-$200 within a couple weeks, and maybe $400-$500,
in a month.

Being in a smaller pool, and in about 2 months, end up with $3,000 worth of BTC is a huge difference on return, and of I know you can't expect that period after period.

I'm  guessing that 1% and up is too big, and 100-ish or less users is too small, and i'm looking for something that's just right, like .5 % or even .25% blockchain hashing rate pool.

VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:32:50 PM

I get that, but you don't want to wait too long between blocks, and unfortunately for smaller pools you really don't want to wait so long you go through a diff increase without hitting a block.  That's no bueno...

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: