Bitcoin Forum
September 15, 2024, 10:20:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitinstant- stop sending your money! post grievances here!!  (Read 673 times)
vrusso123 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 08:12:31 PM

I am starting this thread to warn potential bitinstant customers that they are not processing cash orders (they are still taking our cash though) and apparently are doing nothing to resolve the issue.

sent 1000.00 USD at 1:38 EST Tuesday 6/11/2013. nothing but cheesy copy/paste replies from customer service. they are still taking orders!!! do not get ripped off by this website!
JerryG

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:17:01 PM

This is what makes more than a technical issue.
They know that orders are not getting posted to their wallets and yet they keep taking orders.
This is a debacle
El Cid

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:20:56 PM

You mean a rip off.
Nubs27

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:03:45 PM

I sent cash and ZipZap confirmed the payment to Bitinstant. The Bitinstant website still shows my transaction as "Pending". It has now been more than 3 days and I have yet to receive a valid response from Bitinstant support team. Numerous emails have been sent. Replies have been generic copy & paste no information crap. I spent extra money for this "instant" service to take advantage of a limited time deal. Thanks a bunch for your horrible service. I would not recommend this service to anyone seeking cash for bitcoins.
El Cid

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:13:15 PM

I am starting this thread to warn potential bitinstant customers that they are not processing cash orders (they are still taking our cash though) and apparently are doing nothing to resolve the issue.

sent 1000.00 USD at 1:38 EST Tuesday 6/11/2013. nothing but cheesy copy/paste replies from customer service. they are still taking orders!!! do not get ripped off by this website!

Thats sad because its so easy to send them money and get btc. I wish it werent like that.
theFed

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:21:44 AM

I used bitinstant a couple times back in March / April and they were pulling the same stunts back then - accepting cash and not delivering the BTC for days or weeks later, all while feeding their customers BS excuses.  They really should have a banner on their website that warns new customers about the delays, but they won't put one up because they're shady like that.  

Ultimately you will get your BTC, but you just have to keep riding their asses.  Keep emailing them and keep posting in the support thread here on bitcointalk a couple times per day.

Or create a post in the bitcoin section of reddit and hope it gets upvoted enough that they're publicly shamed into pushing your order through... I've seen this work at least a dozen times before.
supermono

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:58:17 AM

Nubs27, this happened to me too, but my order (placed Tuesday) did get filled this afternoon (Friday). They switched to a new version of their website on Monday, and apparently there were some bugs it took them a few days to iron out. They say they are going back and filling the backlog of unfilled orders, and since mine got filled this afternoon, I'm guessing yours will be filled soon too if it hasn't already been filled. But if another day passes and you still haven't gotten your order, you should follow up with customer support.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:07:12 AM

Nubs27, this happened to me too, but my order (placed Tuesday) did get filled this afternoon (Friday). They switched to a new version of their website on Monday, and apparently there were some bugs it took them a few days to iron out. They say they are going back and filling the backlog of unfilled orders, and since mine got filled this afternoon, I'm guessing yours will be filled soon too if it hasn't already been filled. But if another day passes and you still haven't gotten your order, you should follow up with customer support.

This is a massive issue when it comes to a very time-sensitive purchase/sale. Being able to quickly get things taken care of is very important. It shouldn't take days or weeks to get it done.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: