Bitcoin Forum
August 03, 2024, 02:23:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCT.CO - Google 2 Factor Authentication  (Read 641 times)
ck99 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:41:17 PM

Hey,

Does anyone know if its possible to remove 2fa from my account at BTCT.CO? I can login just fine, but my galaxy s3 died, and its being repaired, so I dont have access to 2fa for authorising trades --- looking to spend some of my recent dividends Wink

The account page seems to offer the option to revoke the current 2fa settings, but it also seems to require an auth code to do this, which leaves me stuck a bit.

biggie

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:47:51 PM

Try contacting their support as a first btw.
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:50:31 PM

Definitely try contacting their support. The thing with 2FA is that its designed so you cant just remove it - otherwise why have it at all?
The support staff will probably need you to authenticate that you are really the one in control of that account.

Best of luck!

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
ck99 (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:53:26 PM

Thanks, thats pretty much what I thought. It makes sense that there is no easy way to remove it, but at the very least, I kinda hoped that Google would give me a way to make a change on their side.

I really like the idea of 2fa, but its quite risky making a mobile device a single point of failure, (dead device, stolen device etc)

Seems like there should be some way on the Google side to manage this, rather than putting the onus on burnside et al.

I'll send him a PM about it and let you know how I get on.
funktion

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:17:22 PM

I would try one of the backup codes google provides in case of situations of phone loss. try using the backup codes, login, turn off 2-factor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: