Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:58:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Since B2X will not have replay protection...  (Read 430 times)
fabiorem (OP)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

...should we buy it?

Because as I read, if there's no replay protection, so for every B2X dumped, there will be a equal number of BTC dumped. If someone sell one B2X, they will be selling one BTC to the same recipient.

When you sell something, someone is going to buy it. But who is going to buy B2X? Probably the ones who are behind this attack against the network. They want it all for themselves and they want it cheap. But the fools still want to dump B2X and wont listen to the warnings about the lack of replay protection.

The exchange will have the obligation to deliver it. For every B2X bought, a BTC shall be delivered. They will break for sure, but they will have to do it, or people will sue them.

Now what I think, is that they, the exchanges, will be holding it. For every B2X dumped, there will be a equal number of BTC dumped as well, but such exchanges will hold it and not deliver, becoming rich at the expense of others.

BCH was a lure. People are deluded thinking it will be the same this time, that they will have muh free coins. Its a trap.

Maybe the price of bitcoin will not be affected, but people will lose their money, and this will hurt trust on the network, which, I think, is very important for it to endure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:44:24 PM

I did not understand it well, so it means that for every b2x coin sold there is going to be a bitcoin sold? This sounds strange, anyway, it can not happen because it means that segwitx2 is going to have the same market capitalization as bitcoin does, and it doesnt.
But yes this is strange, a lot of people are thinking that they are going to receive those tokens for free, and it is all the opposite.
I dont know, i dont think that it is 100% true.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:59:08 AM

...should we buy it?
nothing named B2X exists for you to buy it or not. there is only a future market in bitfinex which is best that you stay away from it.

Because as I read, if there's no replay protection, so for every B2X dumped, there will be a equal number of BTC dumped. If someone sell one B2X, they will be selling one BTC to the same recipient.
then you are reading false information or maybe interpreting it wrong.
as i said there is no B2X to have or don't have replay protection, so all the arguments about it is pointless.
and even if it didn't have when it was released, then it wouldn't have anything to do with "Dumping" you dump on the exchange and buy it there, and for that there is no BTC to be dumped, you bought B2X after the fork.

what they say about replay protection is that if there were none and you spend coins on one chain and the same transaction will be valid on the other chain. for that you have to have bitcoin before the fork and also you have to spend it.
SegWit2x already has an Opt In replay protection by the way, and when they release they may even add a strong one or it may even die before being released.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
EpicFail

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:10:29 AM

You have a misunderstanding of what replay attacks are. It has nothing to do with off-chain buying and selling of BTC or BTX on an exchange. It just means that, under certain conditions, a transaction involving pre-fork coins that is legitimately broadcast on one chain could be maliciously replayed on the other chain.

Because of this misunderstanding, the remainder of the points you are trying to make are invalid.
derminator

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:21:30 PM

About replay attack and protection there is a good overview here:

https://bitcointechtalk.com/how-to-protect-against-replay-attacks-7a00bd2fe52f

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ92MjlVwTQ

I have my bitcoins on my ledger nano s. The only transfer I am doing is: Transfer from Ledger to Kraken, from Kraken to the ledger wallet.

I am trusting Kraken. But the replay attack can happen from somebody else only in order to disturb both blockchains like a hacker.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: