Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:42:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [$AGS] Polygora - SSL/TLS (HTTPS) via Blockchain [PoW/PoS]  (Read 1409 times)
Polygora (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 01:05:15 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 10:51:52 PM by Polygora

The Polygora Network
Low-cost SSL/TLS on a self-sustaining, immutable blockchain

Launching Dec2017-Jan2018

What is Polygora?
Polygora is the utilisation of blockchain technology to create a distributed network of nodes which can be called upon to issue and renew SSL/TLS certificates,an example would be for securing banking (be it Natwestor Bitpay) via HTTPS. The network will be proof-of-work at launch, with an eventual switch to proof-of-stake once an appropriate algorithm has been designed (see Ethereum's casper as an example). Certificate issuance required tokens be paid into the network, and so this provides incentive for miners to keep mining blocks. The network has it's own internal cryptographic token, Aguris which is used for all transactions.
The advantage to this approach is that the SSL cartel is cut out from the equation, and the blockchain actively refuses to act malicious thanks to the fundamental design of the technology. All certificate issuance is stored in the transaction history just like any regular transaction and so all certificates issued by the network can be examined by anyone, and the immutability of the blockchain makes forging certificates infeasible. Ergo, the internet is made safer through cryptographic security and blockchain-powered transparency.

Why Polygora?
  • Distributed nodes and mining
  • Cryptonote Algorithm (fair mining, encourages decentralisation)
  • Transparent, unlike existing SSL/TLS
  • Proof-of-work, eventually proof-of-stake
  • Self-sustaining design
  • Cheap SSL/TLS
  • FORTH-like transaction scripting
  • Whitepaper Available
  • Client/Server to be written in pure Go

Why ICO?
ICO is to do two things - get tokens out into the ecosphere, and generate revenue for phase 2 advertising and software development. This is because, when the network launches, having tokens in existence will help oppose stagnation of adoption, and market forces will help network decide what price tokens will trade at to hopefully encourage trading and further distribution. Because the network is still in pre-development phase, tokens are being distributed via a smart contract (to be released shortly). This is more practical than developing a bare-bones network for distribution as getting and using an Ethereum wallet with custom tokens is easy for most people and is better for market (such as exhanges). When the network software is released, the tokens will be exchangable 1:1 (down to all 18 decimals) with the release Polygora network via smart contract.
The network token Aguris uses symbol AGS.
ICO tokens are 600AGS for 1ETH. There are 980,000AGS available in in ICO, 20,000 is reserved for team usage (perhaps airdrops). All leftover tokens will be burned if accessible.

1ETH = 600AGS
Contract Address is: To be released.

Preliminary Roadmap
Key word: preliminary! Assumes reasonable sales to pay developer full-time.

January 2018
  • Start of Aguris token ICO (to be determined)
January-Febuary
  • End of Aguris token ICO (to be determined)
  • Internal organisation and accounting process
  • Tokens listing on popular exchanges
Feburary
  • Start of network topology research initiative, to determine optimal and secure network configuration and systems
April
  • End of research initiative, best solution to be put into development
  • Initialisation of software development on public cgit repo under FOSS licensing
  • Enter talks with internet organisations to become as a trusted CA
May
  • Release of Polygora client and server software alpha (for example, wallet and miner)
  • Enable Aguris token exchange between Ethereum and Polygora network
June-July
  • Release of Polygora client and server software beta
  • Hopefully implement PoS
July-August
  • Release of final version client and server software (excluding bugfix releases)

Thanks for reading the post, I would prefer you inspect the website and whitepaper and make your decision.
I will be around to answer any questions you might have. Cheers.
dakota@polygora.tech
Polygora (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 01:14:44 AM

reserved
Jasonbeetle

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:19:19 AM

Waiting for news!
halorose

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:19:54 AM

Do you need  A  translaltion in Chinese?  PM me if needed.
Polygora (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 01:34:44 AM

Waiting for news!
What sort of news? If you have any questions I can answer. Or send an email.
halorose

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:39:14 AM

Waiting for news!
What sort of news? If you have any questions I can answer. Or send an email.
Maybe he has not read your post at all.  just for a rank upgrade.
Polygora (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 11:53:01 AM

Added Telegram to the header.

Chat to me, the CEO, at @PolygoraNetwork if you'd like.
liotmaan

Activity: 324
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:55:48 AM

Why do an ICO if there is PoW being implemented?
Polygora (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 12:33:20 PM

Why do an ICO if there is PoW being implemented?
I go over this a bit in the whitepaper and in the post, but I can go into it deeper here.

There are two main reasons.
  • Presale costs go towards development and marketing, and helping create corporate channels with bigger fish in the internet industry (becoming one of the big boy CA's isn't easy). This means we (the Polygora team) don't have to premine, fastmine, or dev tax the network to help pay for infrastructure. It also means that we have time to work on researching the optimal network topology and the systems behind distributed file generation.
  • The network, even though being PoW, does not use the standard method of block rewards. Certificate issuance will require paying a fee into the network, which is then used for block rewards (additionally or completely, we have not come to a solid conclusion yet). The presale gets tokens out into the market early, so when the network goes live people can start using it relatively quickly, and so adoption doesn't stagnate. It also allows market forces to act freely and react to situations during the progression of the project. The trend is your friend, and a good indicator of what people are thinking.

PoW is also a temporary measure (for now), until a reasonable PoS system has been proposed (if there ever is one). Right now, PoS systems cannot work alone and as this situation develops we shall be looking into it.
fortuner

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:41:05 PM

can you provide the information about roadmap?? i really need it because i wanna know the progress.
Polygora (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 12:44:46 PM

can you provide the information about roadmap?? i really need it because i wanna know the progress.
Roadmap is in the whitepaper. Right now we are pre-research phase.
Fainalan

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:32:40 AM

Roadmap is in the whitepaper. Right now we are pre-research phase.

i think it is necessary to put roadmap in the ann thread so people can see it easier
Polygora (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 01:47:20 AM

i think it is necessary to put roadmap in the ann thread so people can see it easier

Roadmap is now in the thread. I suppose you are right, it is a good idea to include it.
azhariejaya

Activity: 546
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:28:13 AM

i have read the whitepaper, this is nice project, full support for team dev, i'm sure this project will be useful for many people. success...
nwc.computer

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 02:47:27 AM

i have read the whitepaper, this is nice project, full support for team dev, i'm sure this project will be useful for many people. success...

Agree with you. I read about it and by thinking i can say it is really very good project. So waiting to see its development.
Polygora (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 03:37:57 AM

Agree with you. I read about it and by thinking i can say it is really very good project. So waiting to see its development.
Development will be slow if presale/sale go badly, but will nevertheless progress Wink
Hamzat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:19:25 AM

Going through the white paper
I couldd say this project is so exceptional,  giving us some uch benefit in the integration of computer to Blockchain tech
Nodes integration with ssl certs etc
Good luck dev
I awaits further developed on the project
Polygora (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 06:36:28 PM

Going through the white paper
I couldd say this project is so exceptional,  giving us some uch benefit in the integration of computer to Blockchain tech
Nodes integration with ssl certs etc
Good luck dev
I awaits further developed on the project

Thank you. We are currently working on a revamp of the webpage in an attempt to draw in more interest.
kdrna0727

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:36:40 PM

is it real? when i read the whitepaper i was like, wt*. it was brilliant dude. this will surely help us a lot. who dont want some transparency? of course we all do want it for fair and smooth transaction. we will support this project 100%.
Polygora (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 01:10:33 AM

is it real? when i read the whitepaper i was like, wt*. it was brilliant dude. this will surely help us a lot. who dont want some transparency? of course we all do want it for fair and smooth transaction. we will support this project 100%.
It is real, and will enter development relatively soon, regardless of how the sales go.

We have just pushed a redesign of the website - please, let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: